Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Serious hunters don’t really need that many guns and accessories. A good deer rifle, a duck gun, a dove gun, a varmint gun, and MAYBE a big game rifle for the truly committed. And you buy good ones and they last your whole life and then your grandkid gets your 30-30 and it lasts his whole life, too. Maybe you buy new optics once a decade or so. Sports shooters only need one good gun for each discipline they shoot. And gun “collectors” used to collect things that were, well, collectible. Historical weapons, expensive Italian and English jobs, etc. 

“Collecting” tens of the same new, mass produced firearm in different builds would have been considered bizarre.

Wait a minute . . . are you telling me this ISN'T normal collecting behavior?

41 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I posted it a while back, but for a long time, the NRA and gun industry considered the “black gun” culture weird, off-putting, and politically damaging. 

But a couple things happened. First, the percentage of people who were real outdoorsmen or ranchers or sports shooters fell off a cliff. And they realized that there’s a lot more money to be made with the black gun nuts.

Serious hunters don’t really need that many guns and accessories. A good deer rifle, a duck gun, a dove gun, a varmint gun, and MAYBE a big game rifle for the truly committed. And you buy good ones and they last your whole life and then your grandkid gets your 30-30 and it lasts his whole life, too. Maybe you buy new optics once a decade or so. Sports shooters only need one good gun for each discipline they shoot. And gun “collectors” used to collect things that were, well, collectible. Historical weapons, expensive Italian and English jobs, etc. 

“Collecting” tens of the same new, mass produced firearm in different builds would have been considered bizarre. All these black gun people, they have these elaborate and expensive builds that they will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use aside from the range. Because they’re not really useful for much besides killing a lot of people. You know those guys who collect mall swords and throwing stars and shit, then “train” with it? Black gun culture is basically that, except the collector items are very, very deadly. And much more money flows to the manufacturer. 

What? Why don't I need 8 different $300 ruger 9mm pistols for my EDC needs? I got a good deal on them! My grandkids can inherit them!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I posted it a while back, but for a long time, the NRA and gun industry considered the “black gun” culture weird, off-putting, and politically damaging. 

But a couple things happened. First, the percentage of people who were real outdoorsmen or ranchers or sports shooters fell off a cliff. And they realized that there’s a lot more money to be made with the black gun nuts.

“Collecting” tens of the same new, mass produced firearm in different builds would have been considered bizarre. All these black gun people, they have these elaborate and expensive builds that they will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use aside from the range. Because they’re not really useful for much besides killing a lot of people. You know those guys who collect mall swords and throwing stars and shit, then “train” with it? Black gun culture is basically that, except the collector items are very, very deadly. And much more money flows to the manufacturer. 

Solid history lesson here.  Here's the other factor.  Private Equity and Institutional/OCIO started looking for another way to exploit this very-American, but rather restrained profit center.  And so some folks smarter than me looked and thought, "You can only sell somebody a couple of American flags and framed photos of political heroes and whatnot and the margins on 'em suck."  So they looked up and down the Constitution and the Amendments.  You can't monetize most of our founding articles nor amendments.  Except booze really.  So about 30 years ago, they figured out that once you get all the hats and bumper stickers, your obvious next choice is firearms.  Not just a hunting rifle or home defense pisto/shotgun, but get you to buy a half-dozen semi-automatic rifles for no reason other than to validate your failed status in the American Political hierarchy.  I can wind up millions of Texans to take out a line of credit to buy another 3 guns they don't need tomorrow morning for the very simple reason, Freedom. And because I can.  

27 minutes ago, TexPx said:

ba866a875ef9628341734f7d18f19c16.jpg
Looks like their population has increased since the Assault Weapon ban expired.

The only answer to a bad hog going extinct is a fucking idiot Texas Guy with a gun.  

Jesus Fucking Christ, are some of you out-of-shape has beens even fucking trying.  All that firepower and you guys let the feral hog population explode like that?  You're pussy ass is like the alien in "Independence Day" who has all the tools and technology and homecourt advantage and firepower and he's like, "Well, I suppose this message request to download this possibly dangerous file from something called an IBM sounds like a good idea."  You want us to let you arm yourself with military grade level firepower and you can't manage to take out a few dozen feral hogs?  I'm guessing you have a hard time shooting something that looks so much like your wife.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Your aggy bros are full on this very intelligent line of thinking. Oh that and that we are not Christian enough. Do NOT go over to that board.

Don’t forget that many of them suddenly want to make Allen a ghetto hell hole, evidence being the killer drove a Charger, and we all know who drives Chargers.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

My 15 year old asked to go to the SM outlets today. I asked her if she felt a little strange going after what happened yesterday and she said not really since she goes to school the day after they happen all the time. Fuck. 

That is some seriously depressing fucking shit right there....I mean drive the knife through your heart kind of depressing.  

• Rage+1 2

19 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Graphic photos of his slaughtered victims should show up at protests all across the state of this loathsome man.

They should lock every federal and state offiicial in this country In Jerryworld, turn out the lights, draw that curtain Jerry has but never uses and play that unedited video of the victims on the Jerrytron with any volume associated with it at full blast and like the Papal Conclave not let em out until they have figured out a plan to stop this shit.  

10 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Not a shooting and they’re not sure it was intentional.

Probably our other favorite pastime; killing people by driving while intoxicated. 

Except for the part where someone (allegedly) drove by just before and warned that they should all scatter.

Abbott ordered flags at half staff due to the shooting and I imagine that will be extended for Brownsville, unless it’s different if undocumented immigrants make up a majority of the victims.

makes me wonder the percentage of time now that we keep flags at half staff for mass murder victims. I’m thinking that we will eventually flip it around. Abbott will order flags at full staff if we go 1 week without a mass shooting. That might be the easier method.

3 hours ago, ultimaton said:

The article I quoted said "right-wing extremism", nothing about white supremacy. Is Ted Cruz a right winger? What about the black/cuban former leader of the Proud Boys Enrique Tarrio?

Delete your account.

That account he posted sure likes to tweet (and retweet from some sketchy-ass accounts) shit Blacks and the vaccine. I guess it's no surprise why this particular poster is so full of shit and has been banned by the community a half-dozen times.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Can’t believe it’s not millions more than that

That's just what's reported. With these fuckers you got to know there's tons more underneath the surface that goes right into their pockets and never sees any kind of campaign fund. 

I just happened to drive by the outlet mall a little while ago in the parking lot was full of cars. So not only did they not even close for one day after double-digit number of people were murdered by a deranged right wing lunatic with an assault rifle, people flooded it to shop like nothing happened. This country deserves what it gets. 

48 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

That is some seriously depressing fucking shit right there....I mean drive the knife through your heart kind of depressing.  

Pretty much everyone under 35 or so has lived with this being a normal occurrence in this country. 

My one hope is that that once Boomers die off to the point of not being relevant electorally, and X'ers are simply swamped by Millennials, Gen Zs, and Gen Alphas (who aren't really cognizant of it now but are going to grow up in a similar world), there is going to be an extremely strong anti gun backlash in this county. I don't know that I am confident in that, but the 2A Cult is actively creating an equally intransigent and committed bloc on the other end of the spectrum, and it's going to end up being bigger in numbers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

We had the discussion in the car just now on the way back from our movie about what to do if something like that happens when they're out at shopping mall or movie theater. We told them if you see two people start loudly arguing, get away as quickly as you can. If you hear commotion happening, get away as quickly as you can. Don't sit there and try to film it. Don't stand there and see what might happen. Just go. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There’s a long road to fixing gun culture in the country, a road that can stop well short of an outright ban. But it has to start somewhere.

Fuck that shit.  Total ban, full stop.  The rubes have had plenty of opportunities to get on board with reasonable gun control and blew it every time.  Fuck them with their murder dildos.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Imagine if there was a law that would stop the sale of weapons to someone with a red flag like this. We could even call it the red flag law so it’s easy to remember…

So he was a Hispanic white supremacist??

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You are aware that the head of the Proud Boys, who was just convicted of sedition, is Hispanic?

I wasn’t, but I’m glad they locked his ass up.  I’m so sick of this extreme right wing bullshit.

That's just what's reported. With these fuckers you got to know there's tons more underneath the surface that goes right into their pockets and never sees any kind of campaign fund. 

I just happened to drive by the outlet mall a little while ago in the parking lot was full of cars. So not only did they not even close for one day after double-digit number of people were murdered by a deranged right wing lunatic with an assault rifle, people flooded it to shop like nothing happened. This country deserves what it gets. 

It’s a crime scene. They didn’t let anybody take their cars home. They removed Garcia’s vehicle though.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

So he was a Hispanic white supremacist??

@Helobious brought a phrase to the discussion that I didn't know. I suppose as a gringo it's not one I would hear.

Nopal en la frente

I had to go look it up.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nopal+en+la+frente

A term from Mexico used to describe a self-hating Mexican mestizo or full blooded native American who has extremely obvious native American facial traits, yet denies this and pretends to be a white guy from Spain by telling you a story about his nonexistent great grandmother with blonde hair and blue eyes. In Mexico, these self-hating mestizos desperately deny their obvious native American DNA even though their ancestors were Aztec, Mayan, Purepecha, Tlaxcatec and other native American groups. Instead, they ignore that and pretend that they are 100% white from Spain. They usually call others prieto despite being dark skinned themselves. When they move to the US they only hang out with white people and always talk about how much they hate Mexico in order to get approval from their white friends who think he's a weird Uncle Tom anyways.
Guy#1: Hey why does that prieto deny his Mexican native ancestry and pretends to be a white Spaniard?
Guy#2: Idk bro, he has el nopal en la frente, pretty obvious he's from Mexico and not Spain; he looks like Montezuma.
by Nezahualcoyotl December 22, 2018
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It’s a crime scene. They didn’t let anybody take their cars home. They removed Garcia’s vehicle though.

There's no way they made a parking lot full of cars stay more than 24 hours. It was open and business as usual. 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

My 15 year old asked to go to the SM outlets today. I asked her if she felt a little strange going after what happened yesterday and she said not really since she goes to school the day after they happen all the time. Fuck. 

If you stop going to malls and schools, the Republicans win.

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Latinos are being indoctrinated by right wing radical republicans just as quickly as lonely White bros.

Yep, it's why no one should think Texas is "going blue" just because Latinos are becoming the majority. There's lot of a Latino shitbags in this state to go along with the Anglo shitbags. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

@Helobious brought a phrase to the discussion that I didn't know. I suppose as a gringo it's not one I would hear.

Nopal en la frente

I had to go look it up.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nopal+en+la+frente

A term from Mexico used to describe a self-hating Mexican mestizo or full blooded native American who has extremely obvious native American facial traits, yet denies this and pretends to be a white guy from Spain by telling you a story about his nonexistent great grandmother with blonde hair and blue eyes. In Mexico, these self-hating mestizos desperately deny their obvious native American DNA even though their ancestors were Aztec, Mayan, Purepecha, Tlaxcatec and other native American groups. Instead, they ignore that and pretend that they are 100% white from Spain. They usually call others prieto despite being dark skinned themselves. When they move to the US they only hang out with white people and always talk about how much they hate Mexico in order to get approval from their white friends who think he's a weird Uncle Tom anyways.
Guy#1: Hey why does that prieto deny his Mexican native ancestry and pretends to be a white Spaniard?
Guy#2: Idk bro, he has el nopal en la frente, pretty obvious he's from Mexico and not Spain; he looks like Montezuma.
by Nezahualcoyotl December 22, 2018

THAT'S how the GOP is staying in control in Texas, that makes things make much more sense