Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

Oh and more good news.  Abortions are a lot harder to get in many places now so more unwanted children for that fucked up education system to try to make "not dumbfucks"
Clevon is out there....and he's coming for your soul.  

The gun nuts want more kids. More targets.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Oh and more good news.  Abortions are a lot harder to get in many places now so more unwanted children for that fucked up education system to try to make "not dumbfucks"

Clevon is out there....and he's coming for your soul.  

That's what they want.  The men enacting these laws know their wives, daughters, and mistresses, will just be able to travel to NY or CA and get an abortion.  But they want more poor people and more crime. The cruelty is the point.  

https://law.stanford.edu/publications/the-impact-of-legalized-abortion-on-crime-over-the-last-two-decades/.    More crime is the goal.  They know legal abortion leads to less crime.

Donohue and Levitt (2001) presented evidence that the legalization of abortion in the early 1970s played an important role in the crime drop of the 1990s. That paper concluded with a strong out-of-sample prediction regarding the next two decades: “When a steady state is reached roughly twenty years from now, the impact of abortion will be roughly twice as great as the impact felt so far. Our results suggest that all else equal, legalized abortion will account for persistent declines of 1% a year in crime over the next two decades.” Estimating parallel specifications to the original paper, but using the seventeen years of data generated after that paper was written, we find strong support for the prediction and the broad hypothesis, while illuminating some previously unrecognized patterns of crime and arrests. We estimate that overall crime fell 17.5% from 1998 to 2014 due to legalized abortion— a decline of 1% per year. From 1991 to 2014, the violent and property crime rates each fell by 50%. Legalized abortion is estimated to have reduced violent crime by 47% and property crime by 33% over this period, and thus can explain most of the observed crime decline.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Do we have any demos on the Allen shooter yet? White male between 18-22 is the leader in the clubhouse, right?

Greg Abbott says he’s an illegal wetback who shot other illegal wetbacks and should be pardoned because he’s a veteran who shot an evil antifa protestor, but Greg has a tendency to speak before the facts are out, so who knows?
  • Hook 'Em 1

image.png.f5d89a9bb57b5c63ea7b205dbbae5641.png

According to the 2A people, including several here, red-flag legislation is dangerous because there is the potential for it to be abused by a "vindictive ex-wife" against a responsible (male) gun owner, which may result in the confiscation of their guns. 

But incarcerating people that are "deemed to be threat" -- whatever that would entail -- is ok? Am I reading that right?

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Meanwhile, on Texags…..

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3376894

They are obsessed with shooter's legal status as if that :

1) undercuts gun control advocates’ arguments. It doesn’t. 

2) make one fucking difference to the eight people who lost their lives yesterday on a shopping trip to the mall. It doesn’t. 

We have a decent percentage of posters on this site that would agree with a lot of what’s posted over there. They’re just smart enough not to come in here and post it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We have a decent percentage of posters on this site that would agree with a lot of what’s posted over there. They’re just smart enough not to come in here and post it. 

Well, that's because CR is not welcoming to disparate opinions.  You know, however fucking indefensible, evil and stupid those opinions might be.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I understand banning AR-15s won’t solve all the problems. I recognize that the gun nuts already have prepared paragraphs stating why this is a stupid move and there are equally deadly guns still out there.

The perception that guns are an ultra-powerful, ungovernable, mythical figure is at the core of many of the problems this country faces and banning AR-15s would be a sign (even a small one!) that guns are not untouchable. There’s a long road to fixing gun culture in the country, a road that can stop well short of an outright ban. But it has to start somewhere.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's worth repeating as it highlights how stupid we are for letting this go on...

Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens since surpassing car accidents in 2020.

Children are more likely to be killed by a gun than in a car accident

Stop. You're gonna give fatty a priapism. Wont you think of fatty in a time like this?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

how can be living at a motel but his parent's house was raided and neighbors said he lived there?

Maybe Mom and Dad kicked him out so he had to live at the motel for a time? Oh hey. Was he one of these mythical good guys with a gun until he decided he wasn't going to be a good guy with a gun?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

I haven't posted on here much in the past couple of years, but yes Shaggy and early Surly a ton of these posters, who are still posting, made it very clear that their right to own guns trumped all, including dead kids. 

It would seem to me that every purchase of a new firearm puts more money in the hands of the gun manufacturers to lobby against any version of gun control in this country. Buying a gun, regardless of what gun or what you plan to use it for, is essentially supporting the status quo. We will continue to see massacres like this because people like their guns too much. Am I wrong in this logic?

It would seem to me that every purchase of a new firearm puts more money in the hands of the gun manufacturers to lobby against any version of gun control in this country. Buying a gun, regardless of what gun or what you plan to use it for, is essentially supporting the status quo. We will continue to see massacres like this because people like their guns too much. Am I wrong in this logic?

You are not wrong.

I’ve never bought or owned a firearm. I’m far from perfect, but at least I can say I’m not adding to this madness.

Texas mall shooting updates: Domestic terrorism probed as possible motive

As authorities work to determine a motive for the outlet mall shooting in Allen, Texas, one avenue investigators are exploring is whether this was an act of domestic terrorism, multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News.

The shooter wore patches or stickers on his clothing that raised suspicion he may have gravitated toward right-wing extremism, the sources said, though they added no motive has yet been established.

Shocking, I know.

It’s interesting the silence from our resident gun nuts in this thread.

No gun nuts on Surly. Just Gun Owners
You do have Truck Nuts.
If you want Fanatics you have:
Boat
Watch
New Car
Art
Airplane
Motorcycle
Night Vision
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Abbott should be peeled like a pear.

Guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals and tougher sentences on that front? I wonder what the rate of armed robbers getting out of jail and going on an insane shooting spree is? I bet the rate among Trump and Abbott followers is higher. In short, irrelevant, Greggo.

This happens in blue states, too, with tougher gun laws? Do their laws prohibit AR-15s to be owned? Are the perpetrators persons who supported gun control legislation? Is there anything beyond moron sophistry in this assertion? No, there is not.

He is on his way to Allen to do everything in Texas' power to support the families; he says he's bringing hope.

I hope Beto is there and kicks over his fucking wheelchair. Then  I'd not object to the families to whom high-minded Greg Abbott is bringing hope stomp him to death on the ground. He's complicit in murder. We're a death penalty state. Just add the word summary, and it's all jake.

Sitting on a bench outside of a mall store. Enjoying the shade in a corner of the building. Maybe talking about going for ice cream or having a spat or just sitting quietly. Turns out it's a deathtrap.

• Like 1

Yep. If I owned a billboard, I’d put that photo, and others like it, right there on I-35, so nobody could avoid seeing the truth.

People should have to look at it. If a majority of the voting citizens of this state are going to vote for government officials that refuse to do anything about this, then people should at least have to look at the carnage we created.

If that’s too uncomfortable, or it leads to difficult conversations with young kids who also see it, then maybe people would make different choices about our elected officials.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who is slated to speak at the NRA’s annual meeting, is the top recipient of political contributions from gun rights interests, drawing about $749,000 over his career.

Gun rights interests have also poured money into outside spending boosting Cruz. Of the more than $154,000 gun rights interests spent boosting Cruz since he was elected to Congress in 2012, about $122,000 was bankrolled by the NRA.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who is slated to speak at the NRA’s annual meeting, is the top recipient of political contributions from gun rights interests, drawing about $749,000 over his career.

Gun rights interests have also poured money into outside spending boosting Cruz. Of the more than $154,000 gun rights interests spent boosting Cruz since he was elected to Congress in 2012, about $122,000 was bankrolled by the NRA.

Can’t believe it’s not millions more than that

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/man-witnessed-allen-outlet-mall-shooting/

"I never imagined in 100 years I would be thrust into the position of being the first first responder on the site to take care of people," he shared. "The first girl I walked up to was crouched down covering her head in the bushes, so I felt for a pulse, pulled her head to the side and she had no face."

Spainhouer said he also found a child, who survived while covered by his protective mother who had been killed.

"When I rolled the mother over, he came out. I asked him if he was OK and he said, 'My mom is hurt, my mom is hurt.' So rather than traumatize him, I pulled him around the corner sat him down and he was covered from head to toe...like somebody poured blood on him."

But where was the good guy with a gun open carrying in a red county in red Texas? 

5 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Ironically, the left should arm itself with the express goal of repealing the Second Amendment.

There's no shortage of guns--including the left.  It's not difficult to get a gun, there's certainly no IQ test--just need money.  If you want one, go buy one.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

The article I quoted said "right-wing extremism", nothing about white supremacy. Is Ted Cruz a right winger? What about the black/cuban former leader of the Proud Boys Enrique Tarrio?

Delete your account.

Edited by ultimaton
  • Hook 'Em 4