Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

How does aggy play SC every year when SC is sec east? Strange.

LSU plays UF yearly, Bama plays Tennessee yearly, every west team is paired with a particular east team and I honestly have no idea how they determine the 2nd non-divisional match up. aggy have benefited from some easy match ups in the SEC East. SC is terrible, they've completely dodged UGA for 7 seasons and the matchup they won with UF was a down year for the Gators. They thump their chests about their winning record against the East, but they've padded it with the likes of  predominately unranked, awful teams 5 wins vs SC and 2 wins vs Vandy.

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggy will be so conflicted with this news. Austria is the birth country of Hitler, the original Corps Turd (and arguable founding father of their culture), yet now owns the record for largest pointless wood burning. And with far better engineering. 

Edited by Sejjr
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

This girl eating at Taco Cabana has a maroon T-shirt that reads “The Cambridge of College Station.” Is that some official slogan where they compare their academics to Harvard and MIT?

Report on poverty in Cambridge stuns, spurs talk of resetting council priority.

A report on poverty in Cambridge stunned city councillors Monday, showing a city where single mothers scrape by on median incomes of $22,383, black and hispanic poverty rates soared above those for whites and Asians and the poor were clustered in a handful of census tracts.

“This is an important document as we look forward this term to what kind of work we want to do,” said E. Denise Simmons to her fellow city councillors Monday at one of its first working meetings since the election. “We’re not going to be able to turn the tide in one term, but we can certainly get started.”

“This is a stunning report,” Simmons said, calling for a roundtable meeting with the School Committee to talk over the issues found in “Poverty in Cambridge,” which was compiled by city planning information manager Clifford Cook and presented by Brian Murphy, assistant city manager and head of the Community Development Department.

The report used three sets of Census data, with the most recent available being from 2011.

http://www.cambridgeday.com/2014/01/28/report-on-poverty-in-cambridge-stuns-spurs-talk-of-resetting-council-priorities/

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

This girl eating at Taco Cabana has a maroon T-shirt that reads “The Cambridge of College Station.” Is that some official slogan where they compare their academics to Harvard and MIT?

Can’t even get the analogy right 

• Like 1

My daughter couldn’t get in to UT for next year. So instead of aggy, with a good percentage of her classmates, she’s decided on SFA or McNeese and will transfer to UT or LSU, depending upon grades over the next year and 1/2. Trained right ( except for H.S. grades for UT)! Nursing major?

12 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

My daughter couldn’t get in to UT for next year. So instead of aggy, with a good percentage of her classmates, she’s decided on SFA or McNeese and will transfer to UT or LSU, depending upon grades over the next year and 1/2. Trained right ( except for H.S. grades for UT)! Nursing major?

Always the right answer

• Like 4

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

SFA...

My family will keep an eye out for her.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, Jersey Man10 said:

The only Mexican aggy fans are the ones that live in College Station bless their heart. Majority of my Mexicans friends/family root for Texas because its Fucking Texas. And the mascot is a fucking badass Longhorn. And overall we are just better. No self respecting Mexican wants to associate with losers with a losing mentality/tradition. Plus the milk men parecen como maricones NTTAWWT.

the only Mexican aggy i can think of is the brown part of of Black n Brown.

Well turns out aggy has their own network after all. Was scrolling through the channels and found something called RFD (Rural Free Delivery). Programs included classics such as AgPHD, FFA Today, and FarmHer.

Launched in December 2000, RFD-TV is the nation’s first 24-hour television network featuring programming focused on the agribusiness, equine and the rural lifestyle.

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Gracias Shooter! Having lived in SA the last couple of years, she missed green grass and trees that provide shade.

She'll get to see plenty of green grass and trees in East Texas. And you are welcome sir anything to keep her away from aggy, besides we Surlians have to look out for one another.

UT was the only choice for my daughter.  She attended her first UT game at the age of 4.  My wife (SFA grad) encouraged her to look at other schools to make an informed decision.  We made one trip to Baylor to investigate their nursing program.  This was more to appease the wife than for my daughter as it was clear that it was UT or bust for my daughter.  Finally my daughter and I (UT grad) told the wife the situation and that we were wasting our time even considering anything else.  My daughter was an auto-admit to UT in 2010 as she was in the Top 10% of her class.  She was not admitted to the Nursing School.  She eventually changed her major and graduated from the School of Communications in 2014 and is working in Durham.

UT was not the school of choice for my son.  He preferred a more rural setting so that he could go hunting or fishing whenever he desired.  He ended up at SFA and graduated in 2017.  If UT was not in an urban setting he would have gone there.  He liked the school atmosphere  and its academics but not the big-city setting.  Oddly enough he has now ended up working in Ft. Worth.  Despite him graduating from SFA he is a huge Texas fan as that is what he grew up on.

FWIW, attending SFA is much less expensive than UT.

UT was the only choice for my daughter.  She attended her first UT game at the age of 4.  My wife (SFA grad) encouraged her to look at other schools to make an informed decision.  We made one trip to Baylor to investigate their nursing program.  This was more to appease the wife than for my daughter as it was clear that it was UT or bust for my daughter.  Finally my daughter and I (UT grad) told the wife the situation and that we were wasting our time even considering anything else.  My daughter was an auto-admit to UT in 2010 as she was in the Top 10% of her class.  She was not admitted to the Nursing School.  She eventually changed her major and graduated from the School of Communications in 2014 and is working in Durham.
UT was not the school of choice for my son.  He preferred a more rural setting so that he could go hunting or fishing whenever he desired.  He ended up at SFA and graduated in 2017.  If UT was not in an urban setting he would have gone there.  He liked the school atmosphere  and its academics but not the big-city setting.  Oddly enough he has now ended up working in Ft. Worth.  Despite him graduating from SFA he is a huge Texas fan as that is what he grew up on.

I think it’s like a 2 grand diff per year these days. Though I could understand housing playing a part as well.

16 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

I think it’s like a 2 grand diff per year these days. Though I could understand housing playing a part as well.

Housing is probably less than half in Nac. My son tells me what his friends at other schools pay for rent and it's freaking ridiculous compared to Austin 

4 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

You ever see South Nacogdoches’ mom? No thanks.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

WTF is Tell me about Texas a&m our most active board in the football forum?  But yet everyone claims we don’t care about them and should never play them again??  

Holy Priceless Collection of Etruscan Snoods, Hook 1997.

Look at your avatar.

FEAR.

AND LOATHING.

We must stand ever vigilant, and pass down from generation to generation, The Gift of the 100 Year Decision.

The only way to do that is to NEVER FORGET..

FEAR.

AND LOATHING.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Shut the fuck up, retard. 

Ah yes the blind hateread for anyone calling logic to the situation as expected....   I hate atm as much as anyone else and would love to kick their ass again.  But you want to post about them non stop and don’t want to play them, they aren’t a rival and but you think about them non stop and  you post about them non stop...  ok.    I hate them but also wish we could kick their ass again 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck You 8

21 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Holy Priceless Collection of Etruscan Snoods, Hook 1997.

Look at your avatar.

FEAR.

AND LOATHING.

We must stand ever vigilant, and pass down from generation to generation, The Gift of the 100 Year Decision.

The only way to do that is to NEVER FORGET..

FEAR.

AND LOATHING.

I agree with this but some take it more extram and don’t want a renewal!?  I saw why not?   If we are going to keep it going, then keep it going for real, why not?  It’s not a favorite opinion but if we keep a page this big devoted to them it’s a rivalry rather you like it or not...  so I say beat their ass in football why not?!  We can now.   Also a lot of posters post on this shit non stop saying it’s not a rivalry.........    ah ok explain why you keep posting then 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck You 7

37 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

WTF is Tell me about Texas a&m our most active board in the football forum?  But yet everyone claims we don’t care about them, it’s not a rivalry and we should never play them again??  

I don't know why I'm indulging you with a serious answer, but there are a couple reasons why Tell me about A&M is the largest thread in the Football subforum. The first is that instances of aggy stupidity occur very frequently in ways that both bewilder and amuse us. The second is that aggy reads this board and reacts to it elsewhere in often laughable ways. Our sewer dwellers (a term of endearment, I swear) find those reactions and post them here for us to laugh at and the cycle continues. The third is we prefer to keep all but the most newsworthy A&M info in there and avoid separate threads.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

WTF is Tell me about Texas a&m our most active board in the football forum?  But yet everyone claims we don’t care about them, it’s not a rivalry and we should never play them again??  

54 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I agree with this but some take it more extram and don’t want a renewal!?  I saw why not?   If we are going to keep it going, then keep it going for real, why not?  It’s not a favorite opinion but if we keep a page this big devoted to them it’s a rivalry rather you like it or not...  so I say beat their ass in football why not?!  We can now.   Also a lot of posters post on this shit non stop saying it’s not a rivalry.........    ah ok explain why you keep posting then 

59 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Ah yes the blind hateread for anyone calling logic to the situation as expected....   I hate atm as much as anyone else and would love to kick their ass again.  But you want to post about them non stop and don’t want to play them, they aren’t a rival and but you think about them non stop and  you post about them non stop...  ok.    I hate them but also wish we could kick their ass again 

Billy.........Billy Liucci........Billy Liucci is that you?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Why, because after a while when you stomp the neighborhood regard over and over and over maintaining a high high win percentage over a hundred years you don't only look like the superior but you began to look like a bully. It's time we found someone more worthy (and competitive) to slay.  

They are like a strange insect bite. When you have that insect bite itch you scratch it but it only itches worse and worse. So then scratching that itch does no good. Just like stomping those useless bastards asses never shuts them up.

You seem like thou mayest be a youngster who has missed out on many years the Whomping the maggots ass. For that I am truly sorry you missed the party, but too little, too late.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

That's a lot of hullaballoo your canecking there, Mr. Dedicated tu Fan.

Aggies transformed Longhorn statements that OU was a bigger rival into "tu says we're not their rival" and then proceeded to, typically, humiliate themselves by fretting over the invented position.

Obsession over imagined obsession is typically Aggie as well.

It never ceases to amaze and amuse how A&M imposters can't get through two posts about the rivalry without regurgitating Fish Camp dogma.

Here's a place holder until Mr Phlegm arrives.

texas-am-aggies-fans-and-corps-cheer-aga

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

It is hilarious that you squawk about logic but cannot seem to grasp the following...

7 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

I don't know why I'm indulging you with a serious answer, but there are a couple reasons why Tell me about A&M is the largest thread in the Football subforum. The first is that instances of aggy stupidity occur very frequently in ways that both bewilder and amuse us. The second is that aggy reads this board and reacts to it elsewhere in often laughable ways. Our sewer dwellers (a term of endearment, I swear) find those reactions and post them here for us to laugh at and the cycle continues. The third is we prefer to keep all but the most newsworthy A&M info in there and avoid separate threads.

I can only logically conclude that you are either a troll or a moron.

Or both.

• Like 2

@Hook1997 you're acting like Texas is the only school that makes fun of aggy. 

Take a step back and evaluate their school and associated traditions outside the context of a now defunct Texas/aggy rivalry. 

Go take a look at secrant if you need to.

I probably tolerate atm more than others on this board, but Christ they are easy to make fun of. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Take a step back and evaluate their school and associated traditions outside the context of a now defunct Texas/aggy rivalry. 

I probably tolerate atm more than others on this board, but Christ they are easy to make fun of. 

God's gift to unintentional humor.

50 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That's a lot of hullaballoo your canecking there, Mr. Dedicated tu Fan.

Aggies transformed Longhorn statements that OU was a bigger rival into "tu says we're not their rival" and then proceeded to, typically, humiliate themselves by fretting over the invented position.

Obsession over imagined obsession is typically Aggie as well.

It never ceases to amaze and amuse how A&M imposters can't get through two posts about the rivalry without regurgitating Fish Camp dogma.

Here's a place holder until Mr Phlegm arrives.

texas-am-aggies-fans-and-corps-cheer-aga

aggy can't even spell hatred right.  Odd since they do so much of it...

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

aggy posts idiotic lying boasts on secrant.  They don't do that here because they know they would get shot down in a heartbeat.

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Ah yes.  The bald and unsupported assertion that your opinion somehow represents "logic."  You simply dismiss all other POVs without feeling any need for discussion.  Very aggy.

You totally fail.  Even with episodes of repeated, epic stupidity by aggy this thread averages a little over 20 posts per day.  By contrast Robert Kraft being busted for a handjob got 10x that many posts when there was actually something to discuss.  So your definition of active needs about as much work as your definition of logic and your spelling of "hateread."  Unless that what they call the printed materials for fish camp of course.

16 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

@Hook1997 you don’t have to read the thread.  Plus, if you want to know why we have this thread, its sole purpose is to document the bazaar activities and stupid shit happening in college station. People wouldn’t believe it otherwise.

is this a typo or am i a moran and missed a new finominal shaggy/surly word change?