• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I am in this camp. I can’t remember ever hearing anything like this. Flipping the fuck out and making the team run until they puked? Sure. Doing kickoff coverage for an hour or repeating circle or oklahoma drills for the rest of practice? Sure. “Fuck it, you’ve hurt my feelings, I’m going into the A/C and you guys should too, and then be ashamed of yourselves!” Well, I honestly don’t think I’ve seen or heard of that. That’s legitimate meltdown level shit. Bizarre. 

So, Jimbo took a knee and tossed the ball to the ref?  Huh!

5 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Now that I think about it, Washington fans should be insulted by the way that's phrased.

Every time I stop by this thread it's easy to remember why A&M pisses everyone off so much, rival or no. I mean for me Oregon can go to hell, but they're not freaking nut jobs.

Oh, and fuck 1984 BYU too.

• Like 1

"Don't worry, we'll take care of you," was what caused aggy to run away? What a sensitive group of bitches. That's almost as bad as when they told Nike they wanted the same contract that Texas got, while they were a .500 team in the Big 12 in 2007. That caused them to throw a fit and run over to Adidas. The only thing more sensitive than their fanbase is their administration. 

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

"Don't worry, we'll take care of you," was what caused aggy to run away? 

That quote is absolutely, categorically, 100% bullshit. It is an unverified, uncorroborated quote from an Aggie. It is no more credible than the fan fic they churn out every time a fan base visits College Station.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So show up w/ a shitty attitude and poor effort and get rewarded by knocking off early.  Doesn't quite make sense, unless you're aggy.

4D chess, if you read Olin Buchanan's trenchant analysis

who am I kidding, no one but a sheepfucking Aggie or a pretend Serious 21st Century Sports Journalism Editor reads TexAgs

So show up w/ a shitty attitude and poor effort and get rewarded by knocking off early.  Doesn't quite make sense, unless you're aggy.
It's just Jimbo honoring aggy turdition. They quit halfway thru their first game against us, and now they've quit halfway thru practice.

3 hours ago, texaslong said:

"Don't worry, we'll take care of you," was what caused aggy to run away? What a sensitive group of bitches. That's almost as bad as when they told Nike they wanted the same contract that Texas got, while they were a .500 team in the Big 12 in 2007. That caused them to throw a fit and run over to Adidas. The only thing more sensitive than their fanbase is their administration. 

There is some context missing for that supposed comment.

When the SEC was considering expansion in the late 1980s, Harvey Schiller, SEC Commissioner, approached Deloss wanting Texas to make the switch. Just Texas, not A&M. 

The ags went apeshit and cried to the legislature that it was unfair for Texas to make the move and not to have included A&M in the deal to switch conferences. Because Deloss did not negotiate a deal that included A&M, the legislature pressured Deloss to turn down the deal. He did, Schiller then approached Arky, and the rest is history. 

Fast forward 20 years and when Deloss was talking with the Pac about realignment, the ags were reassured that this time any deal would also include A&M. 

Of course, the ags went apeshit, claiming Deloss was being unfair because he was negotiating deal that included A&M. 

There was good reason Texas officials just wanted A&M to leave the Big 12, so the interests of UT athletics and A&M athletics would be forever severed. Forever, of course, until A&M complains yet again about hot Texas is being unfair to “the sleeping giant.” 

Of course, the ags conveniently leave out  any mention of throwing their conniption fit when Texas only negotiated a deal for Texas and didn’t take care of A&M’s interests in the late 1980s. Then again, honesty isn’t a trait found in the aggy culture. They would rather constantly falsely paint themselves as victims.

Taking in mind how aggys complained both when Texas did and didn’t negotiate for A&M in realignment talks, and then when A&M was offered a joint deal for what became LHN which aggy turned down and then complained about not being included in LHN, Deloss finally gave up trying to partner with A&M and just wanted them separated forever. 

https://www.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/04/finebaum_how_texas_nearly_join.html

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

There is some context missing for that supposed comment.

When the SEC was considering expansion in the late 1980s, Harvey Schiller, SEC Commissioner, approached Deloss wanting Texas to make the switch. Just Texas, not A&M. 

The ags went apeshit and cried to the legislature that it was unfair for Texas to make the move and not to have included A&M in the deal to switch conferences. Because Deloss did not negotiate a deal that included A&M, the legislature pressured Deloss to turn down the deal. He did, Schiller then approached Arky, and the rest is history. 

Fast forward 20 years and when Deloss was talking with the Pac about realignment, the ags were reassured that this time any deal would also include A&M. 

Of course, the ags went apeshit, claiming Deloss was being unfair because he was negotiating deal that included A&M. 

There was good reason Texas officials just wanted A&M to leave the Big 12, so the interests of UT athletics and A&M athletics would be forever severed. Forever, of course, until A&M complains yet again about hot Texas is being unfair to “the sleeping giant.” 

Of course, the ags conveniently leave out  any mention of throwing their conniption fit when Texas only negotiated a deal for Texas and didn’t take care of A&M’s interests in the late 1980s. Then again, honesty isn’t a trait found in the aggy culture. They would rather constantly falsely paint themselves as victims.

Taking in mind how aggys complained both when Texas did and didn’t negotiate for A&M in realignment talks, and then when A&M was offered a joint deal for what became LHN which aggy turned down and then complained about not being included in LHN, Deloss finally gave up trying to partner with A&M and just wanted them separated forever. 

https://www.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/04/finebaum_how_texas_nearly_join.html

I would love to hear an honest psychoanalysis of their collective culture.  To me it just screams of insecurity and how they perceive themselves to be an equal and look for any indication that they are not being treated as such and then cry like a buncha "mewling quim" (to quote Loki).

23 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I would love to hear an honest psychoanalysis of their collective culture.  To me it just screams of insecurity and how they perceive themselves to be an equal and look for any indication that they are not being treated as such and then cry like a buncha "mewling quim" (to quote Loki).

The reality is that the aggy freak show of a culture, and their abysmal location, make recruiting OOS increasingly difficult for all of A&M's major sports programs. Instead of admitting reality and working change the situation, the ags blame their failures on UT administrators.

On the academic side, there is some cooperation (remember the only reason A&M gained AAU admission was due to the efforts of UT Austin administrators). Efforts to cooperate on academic issues were limited during the Rick Perry years when Gov. Goodhair was trying to force the same ill-conceived "reforms" on UT that he had foisted on A&M.

When A&M finally left for the SEC, UT athletics administrators were thrilled, knowing they were done with aggy for all practical reasons. Every two years, the aggy alumni in the legislature introduce bills to force UT and A&M to play in football, but those will never go anywhere.

I continue to assert the passage of a Constitutional amendment permanently and formally severing the branch college status of A&M, and a segregation of the PUF financial assets, would be best for the people of Texas.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jimbo is reactionary. He's been getting his ass kicked in recruiting and was in a bad mood the last 2 days during these press conferences. I cannot wait for aggy to turn on him because it will be an expensive shit show. 

fixed it.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Waffle House makes fine food. We only have one left in my area and I haven't been in probably 10 years but I have good memories of hashbrowns chunked, covered, and smothered, and the pee-kan waffle.

There's nothing wrong with waffle house and I don't get the hate for it - it's good for what it is. Cheap, greasy diner food for when you're too drunk or high to care about the sodium and cholesterol levels. 

But we can of course make fun of aggy for thumping their chests at "WE DUN GOT A WAFFLE HOUSE! HOW BOUT THEM APPLES, tU?". You would think they were getting an Uchi or Nobu. 

Jimbo's decision to call practice half way through will only have the desired impact if the players genuinely love the guy and hate to disappoint him. If that were the case, maybe shame would motivate players in practice when they return.

Of course, if the players loved him and were bought in, there wouldn't have been such disappointing performance.

This sounds like the Aggies may be in some sort of trouble.

Man, it would be fun if they collapsed under the Clemson assault and were routed. Then never recovered.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Man, it would be fun if they collapsed under the Clemson assault and were routed. Then never recovered.

it could happen, but I expect something slightly different

Do any of you remember the Bill Callahan Nebraska team that went to USC in 2006? Callahan's only goal in that game was to get out without being completely roasted. He apparently felt they had zero chance at actually winning, so he at least didn't want to take the beatings Arkansas got (70-17 and 50-14). So Brave Nebraska ran the clock, sat on the ball, ran between the tackles, handed off on 3rd and 8, just played the most pussy style of football they could to keep the score manageable. It more or less worked. USC won 28-10, which was about as close as Big Ten runner-up Michigan kept it in the Rose Bowl (32-18 SC). 

THAT is what I expect from A&M at Clemson. They don't have a prayer of winning so in order to maintain the fiction of the $75 Million Man and his red-hot program momentum, a blowout must be avoided at all costs. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Do any of you remember the Bill Callahan Nebraska team that went to USC in 2006? Callahan's only goal in that game was to get out without being completely roasted. He apparently felt they had zero chance at actually winning, so he at least didn't want to take the beatings Arkansas got (70-17 and 50-14). So Brave Nebraska ran the clock, sat on the ball, ran between the tackles, handed off on 3rd and 8, just played the most pussy style of football they could to keep the score manageable. It more or less worked. USC won 28-10, which was about as close as Big Ten runner-up Michigan kept it in the Rose Bowl (32-18 SC). 

THAT is what I expect from A&M at Clemson. They don't have a prayer of winning so in order to maintain the fiction of the $75 Million Man and his red-hot program momentum, a blowout must be avoided at all costs. 

Maybe. I could also see Jimbo and aggy's hubris getting the best of them. I'd love to see them try and air it out and get into a shootout with TL - basically what Bama tried to do - then get totally assblasted. 

13 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

For a culture obsessed with "quality losses," your strategy makes sense.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He's on his 4th team going into his 3rd season btw

Well, since all QB's wear the "don't hit me" jerseys and this guy has 3 sacks and 5 QB hits from practices, my guess is he has been asked to leave all of his prior schools.

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You forget aggy has a Heisman-candidate quarterback. Cat may shut it down three games into the season to protect his draft stock. He's that good.

Why are the ags so obsessed with us still?  Don't they have some big new and improved rival in the SEC?  Why don't they post pictures of upside-down LSU gear, or upside-down Ole Miss gear, or whatever?  Surely they no longer need to be the anti-Texas in order to validate themselves... right?