Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 12/8/2021 at 10:34 PM, ButtFumble said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3256436

the idiotic mental gymnastics going on to try and avoid being in a pod with Texas

every other post is a torturous assault on the unified theory of spacetime

aggiedrjdub 9:19a, 12/8/21 AG

I have a feeling the divisions will stand - West vs East; OU will be pushed into the West...and tu will somehow be pushed into the East like Mizzou.

PacifistAg In reply to West Point Aggie • 6:16p, 12/7/21 AG

It doesn't make sense to put all 3 of us in the same pod. It will result in "unbalanced" pods.
The SEC will have 8 "major" programs: Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, A&M, LSU, OU, tu
The SEC will have 8 "minor" programs: MSU, OM, Mizzou, UK, Vandy, UT, USC, Arky

AGinHI In reply to PacifistAg • 6:37p, 12/7/21

What if I told you we're 5-5 vs. State and 5-4 vs Ole Miss (no game in 2020)?

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

26 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm thinking the fact the Texas Exes gave $38 million to the athletic department would be news to them

The two latest 990s from Texas Exes, filed Aug 2019, and Dec 2020. Also for the last decade available here https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/ex-students-association-of-the-university-of-texas,741109640/

Not seeing any $38 million gifts to the athletics department.

Texas Exec 990 2019 06.pdf Texas exes 990 2018.pdf

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The two latest 990s from Texas Exes, filed Aug 2019, and Dec 2020. Also for the last decade available here https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/ex-students-association-of-the-university-of-texas,741109640/

Not seeing any $38 million gifts to the athletics department.

Texas Exec 990 2019 06.pdf 665.72 kB · 0 downloads Texas exes 990 2018.pdf 575.67 kB · 0 downloads

This is aggy truth's, not reality.  They don't want or need facts, they just make it up, say it out loud, repeat it ad nauseum, and it becomes aggy truth regardless of actual facts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ABSR said:

This is aggy truth's, not reality.  They don't want or need facts, they just make it up, say it out loud, repeat it ad nauseum, and it becomes aggy truth regardless of actual facts.

They have no clue how simple it is to disprove so many things they believe in so fervently.

aggys are stunningly child-like.

And incredibly intellectually lazy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I have a feeling the divisions will stand - West vs East; OU will be pushed into the West...and tu will somehow be pushed into the East like Mizzou.

It doesn't make sense to put all 3 of us in the same pod. It will result in "unbalanced" pods.
The SEC will have 8 "major" programs: Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, A&M, LSU, OU, tu

I saw that post earlier and laughed my ass off.  Aggy elite with practically a .500 average in SEC conference play. .500 in BIG 12 conference play. And .500 in SWC conference play.   If that is elite, we must be gods 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3257302

AggieShanks

AG

I don't care what anyone says. That is the most selfish decision I've seen in a long time. The school that you work for is about to sign the number 1 recruiting class, is knocking on the door for a national championship. You are a DC. And you leave to go be a Head Coach at a basketball school? Like wtf. And you already are heavily compensated for 3 mil a year

There isn't glory at Duke, he could win a title here and go be a head coach somewhere better. That's ego to me

😁🙃🤪

Uh...who cares if it selfish? Why does he expect loyalty from any football coach at all? Hell maybe I could see an expectation for one that is an alum, maaaaybe, but even then not really. Why the fuck would anyone expect loyalty to Texas A&M from a UPenn grad born and raised in New Jersey?

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Interesting, very interesting. If we accurately categorize Tennessee as a major program like they historically are and categorize A&M as a minor program like they historically are, suddenly a pod with OU/Texas/Arky/aggy doesn't look so unbalanced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

AggieShanks

AG

I don't care what anyone says. That is the most selfish decision I've seen in a long time. The school that you work for is about to sign the number 1 recruiting class, is knocking on the door for a national championship. You are a DC. And you leave to go be a Head Coach at a basketball school? Like wtf. And you already are heavily compensated for 3 mil a year

There isn't glory at Duke, he could win a title here and go be a head coach somewhere better. That's ego to me

😁🙃🤪

LOL

f69fa54b-d4d6-4ff6-8b14-d52533431881.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

"Good riddance. Our defense has been holding us back by not keeping opponents to less than 10 points a game. Not complimntary to Jimbo's creative offense."

JFC, their defense is the only bright spot on that whole miserable team.  It was the difference between them going a pedestrian 8-4 and a more realistic 6-6 or worse.  Their offense was warmed over kitten shit.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

JFC, their defense is the only bright spot on that whole miserable team.  It was the difference between them going a pedestrian 8-4 and a more realistic 6-6 or worse.  Their offense was warmed over kitten shit.  

Aggy is so fucked.  New defensive.scheme and practically their entire defensive unit to replace. 

Curious to see how many decommit before Wednesday.  This could be huge for Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/9/2021 at 11:29 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Secrant knows about aggys Corp…..funny.

“It has been brought to my attention that all those military looking guys for A&M (“the corp”) have no affiliation with any true branch of the military. They just play dress up and act like they are in the military.  

I guess I just always assumed it was like Air Force, Army, or Navy and the young men dressed in uniform were in the military. But these guys are like a fan c”.

The Corps is an absolute joke to the rest of the real military world ... esp to the service academies. Hell, even to the college ROTC units. Everyone knows Corps Turds are frauds playing dress-up.

4 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

AggieShanks

AG

😁🙃🤪

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 12.24.48 AM.png

nicholas-cage-funny.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, wood said:

The Corps is an absolute joke to the rest of the real military world ... esp to the service academies. Hell, even to the college ROTC units. Everyone knows Corps Turds are frauds playing dress-up.

they should be itching to play the academies every year, right?  so they can rub shoulders with those worthy of their riding boots and cos-play flair... right?

aggy have played army THREE TIMES

that's it

number of previous games against Navy: ZERO

number of previous games against Air Force: ZERO

for the life of me, i can't figure out why they wouldn't be offering 1 for 2 series to visit their fellow service academies, every fucking year

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

they should be itching to play the academies every year, right?  so they can rub shoulders with those worthy of their riding boots and cos-play flair... right?

that's it

for the life of me, i can't figure out why they wouldn't be offering 1 for 2 series to visit their fellow service academies, every fucking year

they've probably tried and the real military academies don't want any association w/ them whatsoever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that's it

West Virginia and TCU are the dominant schools in NCAA rifle competition. In fact, West Virginia has more NCAA national championships in just that one sport than aggy has in school history- all sports, both genders. 

How do you explain a “military” school such as aggy where they don’t even have the balls to complete in the NCAA rifle competition. 

If aggy was even tangentially a military school, wouldn’t you expect them to not only complete in NCAA rifle competition, but to dominate the sport? 

That shows you how much of a costume fraternity the aggy corps actually is. A school that craves national championships so much they fabricate them in some sports and won’t even compete for championships in a sport they claim is the raison d'être of the school since the day it was founded. 

The aggy corps is remedial Boy Scouts for those with low self esteem and who lack the intellectual capacity to understand just how silly their little fraternity truly is. 

aggy ymca copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

AggieShanks

AG

😁🙃🤪

HC > DC

Raleigh/Durham > Collie Station

An opportunity to run your own program, for more money, in a more desirable location.

Don't overthink it, aggy. 

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

“TXAGBQ76” forgot to include thr fact the aggys are so fucking clueless about military matters they don’t have the slightest understanding about the difference between actually being in the military and being a civilian in a silly costume. 

S/he also has no understanding that you don't "win" the Congressional Medal of Honor.

A&M isn't even the home of the most recipients among public universities. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Exactly how it happens...and they look at you incredulously if you throw facts at them that dont support their narrative.
  • Hook 'Em 1

In ‘90, I was like a PFC (Private First Class) and went to visit a home town buddy the was in the Corps at aggy. Mainly I wanted to watch the aggy vs LSU game that weekend.

Most of those turds thought I was a God, because I was “real Army” and had a “high and tight” haircut that looked like them. I didn’t complain all weekend, with the free beers, except that I had to sleep on my buddies floor in the Corp Dorm/Hall. I remember him telling me to holler something like “crapper” prior to flushing, because it had an effect on those in the shower at the time? Fng aggy!

On 12/9/2021 at 8:34 AM, ButtFumble said:
4 said:
Of course, and that's how it's done. They don't just call the kid and tell him they are pulling his offer for someone better. That would be recruiting suicide. They even help place them at other programs in some instances.

But it happens here, just as it does at all other good programs.

In fact, they tried it with a player in Jimbo's 1st class here and the player decided he was going to stay anyway. Never played a down as far as I know.

I would hope Jimbo, or any coach, would never do that. However, we had a kid at the high school where I teach (he'd been in my 9th grade geography class) who had committed to USCw when Spurrier was there. They called the morning of signing day and yanked his offer.

a) so if they are a "good" program, then what is mediocre?

b) Truly surprised there isn't a E Turner Gill section in Kyle for the overflow of talent willing to forego scholarship money elsewhere in order to stand in reserve.  I honestly think such a section would be full of wannabes who later in life would brag about being an aggy athlete (in waiting).

geography is hard on an aggy

13 hours ago, Big Frog II said:

What's the deal with this red sash thing?

It's the oversized cartoonish stripes that catch my eye every time.