Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Tell me you’ve never been to Tuscaloosa without telling me you’ve never been to Tuscaloosa.

Teams generally stay in Birmingham as there are a handful of much larger properties here capable of putting everyone under one roof and also offer enough meeting space and dining options, for significantly less total expense.

Sounds like Embassy Suites to me!  Free breakfast, and the "Manager's Reception" happy hour.  Sad to say that I've spent probably 70+ nights in the BHM Embassy Suites.

#nonhumblebrag

• Haha 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Tell me you’ve never been to Tuscaloosa without telling me you’ve never been to Tuscaloosa.

Teams generally stay in Birmingham as there are a handful of much larger properties here capable of putting everyone under one roof and also offer enough meeting space and dining options, for significantly less total expense.

understand, I'm staying at the Birmingham Hyatt Regency next September because everything in Tuscaloosa was already full when reservations were opened up online. but I figured the university made a hotel available for opponents for games...

Midnight yell being held at Birmingham Chuy's.  Some think it might be time to retire away game midnight yells.  Others think it's ok to continue to make fun of opposing fans being backwards inbred hicks, because other than Vandy, no one in SECX3 can hold a candle to aggy academic excellence.

1387519903_TexagsScreenshot2022-10-07080006.thumb.png.ab76546fdaf4a5999357513086347311.png

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, tejas60 said:

understand, I'm staying at the Birmingham Hyatt Regency next September because everything in Tuscaloosa was already full when reservations were opened up online. but I figured the university made a hotel available for opponents for games...

Might be a stupid question but did you just look on the regular apps and see sold out or did you contact the properties directly?  Most properties consider these special event weekends and you can only book directly through the property.

2 hours ago, nnm said:

Midnight yell being held at Birmingham Chuy's.  Some think it might be time to retire away game midnight yells.  Others think it's ok to continue to make fun of opposing fans being backwards inbred hicks, because other than Vandy, no one in SECX3 can hold a candle to aggy academic excellence.

1387519903_TexagsScreenshot2022-10-07080006.thumb.png.ab76546fdaf4a5999357513086347311.png

“Perhaps vandy”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nnm said:

Some think it might be time to retire away game midnight yells. 

No chance.  They're already rubbing each other in anticipation of being allowed back on the Capitol grounds soon for their dipshittery.

Edited by WBT

2 hours ago, nnm said:

Super Troopers Reaction GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nnm said:

A tale as old as time.  Forget all the posts about 5* King being the savior.  It's actually Weigman that is the only hope.

2035431853_texagsScreenshot2022-10-07075329.thumb.png.7b8044126f3b74fb99cc907a4706a5d4.png

I mean I'd probably be pining for Weigman too, thinking how could it get any worse? Johnson is hurt and King is utter dogshit. But maybe giving Weigman his first collegiate action against Bama isn't the greatest of ideas.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I actually appreciate this, versus the posts with 47 screenshots that take fuck up the page loading. 

Same but my nearly-50 year old eyes can't make this out really.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I mean I'd probably be pining for Weigman too, thinking how could it get any worse? Johnson is hurt and King is utter dogshit. But maybe giving Weigman his first collegiate action against Bama isn't the greatest of ideas.

Same but my nearly-50 year old eyes can't make this out really.

My browser lets me click on it and enlarge it in a separate tab.  

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Aggy has turned into a diploma mill. What academic prowess aside from animal husbandry and meat judging can they possibly gloat about?

5 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

Aggy has turned into a diploma mill. What academic prowess aside from animal husbandry and meat judging can they possibly gloat about?

You forgot they actually have a statue devoted to the honorable profession of wrapping a chain around a pipe (which obviously requires a 4 year degree subsidized by the rest of us).

52168d79454b9.image.jpg

1 hour ago, bigcigar said:

“Perhaps vandy”

It's extraordinary.  I have completed the cycle of getting kids into college, and honestly, I think Vandy might be just about the most difficult school in the country as far as admissions go.  My academic high-achiever got wait-listed there.  My far less than academic high achiever could have waltzed into A&M but even he's not so stunted as to think he'd be cool with spending 4 years in that cesspool.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

My browser lets me click on it and enlarge it in a separate tab.  

59 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

yeah, it's not that hard to click on the image a couple times to make it readable.

I'm a boomer and proud to say I figured this out on my own. I think I'm mastering this information superhighway!

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Satchel said:

How could this be?
Texas A&M had a 69-62 (.527) Big 12 Conference Record.

Since joining the SEC they have a 47-36 (.566) conference record

.527. Holy shit. That's damn near as bad as their overall record vs Texas.

48 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Not even close, actually.  Texas has a 76-37-5 record against aggy, so the gomers are at .327 against the Horns.

I know. It was funnier that way though. Both of those are terrible for a program and fanbase that consider themselves "bluebloods".

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, CosmoDog said:

Subtract out the cream puffs on their schedule and it gets even funnier.

But if you did that you would be ignoring some pretty funny losses.  I say let them tack on a few points to their batting average so those losses can be discussed during the conversation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I mean if it wasn’t for the overalls, which by the way are a natural gay repellant, I’d say he’s getting fucked rabbit style by someone off screen. But no self respecting gay would be caught dead within 69 feet of a man in overalls. So I’m flummoxed by what I’m seeing in that video. No logical explanation that I can see. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1