• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

The corps dorks are doing their annual worship of the Great Pumpkin ritual.... god they're weird... 

"No. No. No... It's totally cool because they're in black AND white face. Plus those "torches" are just for those pesky bla...I mean mosquitoes. Ain't you never heard of cintella candles before?! Stupid sip."

/ aggy

42 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Just missing the white hoods. aggy are such an embarrassment to Texas. 

And a certain chant their beloved "ye" would endorse. / no cr

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Fuck You 1

they've brought full aggy to the sec in addition regular-grade scandal and disrepute, but what's unique about this post is this new claim for a Natty in 1940
that's not even on the pyle wall..... today
the 1940 final AP poll on 2 December:
gopher 8-0
tree 9-0
meatchicken 7-1
creamsicle 10-0
fighting fluties 10-0
aggy 8-1
aggy finished SIXTH in the final 1940 AP poll, but i think i found the glitch....
AP #1 votes in the final poll:
minnesota 65
stanford 44
michigan 5
tennessee 10
boston college 7
aggy 1
one single solitary 1st-place vote in the 1940 AP final poll
good enough
put it on the wall

You know that poster is a deep cover agent?

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Between Jimbo's outfit last week and his hoodie this week he's dressing like a guy whose just going thru the motions waiting to get fired.   I hope he's got a bunch of pajamas because it's going to be awhile before they put the money together

Still dresses better than Matt Rhule.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Between Jimbo's outfit last week and his hoodie this week he's dressing like a guy whose just going thru the motions waiting to get fired.   I hope he's got a bunch of pajamas because it's going to be awhile before they put the money together

He's going for the Belicek look of intimidation. 

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

wait till he starts borrowing his kid's chains to wear.,,,

Guess I'll split the Aggy game with the World Series... Please baby Jesus let Houston win and Aggy lose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

I’m gonna need 4 soul crushing INTs from Weigman tonight

Cmon stoopid sip. If he had started from game 1 they’d be undefeated, dontchaknow? 
One of them actually said that. It’s here or in the screenshot thread. 

Sent that clip to my lone aggie friend.  He replied with, "Dude, it's a time-honored tradition leftover from the truly Agricultural days of the school in 1960's rural Texas."  And I texted back, "Read that out loud to yourself and think how fucked that sounds to a student-athlete of color in this day and age.  I mean, I get A&M waxing nostalgia for 1939, but 1960's was not Texas' best look.  

I can't fucking believe who we have to share this state with sometimes.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Sent that clip to my lone aggie friend.  He replied with, "Dude, it's a time-honored tradition leftover from the truly Agricultural days of the school in 1960's rural Texas."  And I texted back, "Read that out loud to yourself and think how fucked that sounds to a student-athlete of color in this day and age.  I mean, I get A&M waxing nostalgia for 1939, but 1960's was not Texas' best look.  

I can't fucking believe who we have to share this state with sometimes.

not everything has to be racist... they are retards in their own right... easy pickings. the racism card is way too fucking easy. you're better than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dunno man, the connection between pumpkins and poor blacks in the South is pretty heavily documented.  Not like a stretch or grasping at straws kinda connection with Eyes of Texas 'n shit.  Like it's way up the list of historical, racial derision writ large all across the South.  But this isn't some CRT witch hunt.  The line drawn from blacks to pumpkins is pretty well known in southern history.  

I'm not saying this particular clip or this year's parade is racist, as you say-it's just fucking stupid and cultish.  But it's very much rooted in a racist time, place, practice, and symbology.  And not like 160 years when the whole South was being assholes.  This is just 45 years ago when a lot of these old army dipshits' parents were at A&M and rebooted the symbology from an older era. 

Not everything has to be stupid OR racist.  Some folks can proudly be both.  One often leads to the other.  And the fucking costumes aren't helping matters.

• Fuck You 1

Dude, this is not a CRT conspiracy theory.  Yes, they were part of early Halloweens, but so was the Turnip of all things.  Pumpkins come about as symbol between agrarian life and industrial revolution tensions.  I mean, obviously the crop existed but it was coopted during this movement.  Then as North industrializes and South doesn't to the same extent, its role changed.  Then used during abolition movement.  Then finally as insulting symbol for poor blacks in the South from the Civil War through Jim Crow.  Ideological movements throughout American history have used animals and crops and commodities as placeholders and proxy war symbols.  The pumpkin is one of 'em, and not in a good way (for blacks).  Yes, the pumpkin is also associated with Halloween but was long ago coopted for more nefarious racism. 

If a bunch of drunk college kids want to celebrate Halloween and the sexy costumes that go along with it, there are more era-appropriate ways to do it than facepaint, torches, pumpkins and no children or candy whatsoever.  It's a weird look.  These guys probably have no idea the history even though they never shut the fuck up about tradition, but the roots of the event are dubious at best.  and not like in a fun way like Easter Eggs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Dude, this is not a CRT conspiracy theory.  Yes, they were part of early Halloweens, but so was the Turnip of all things.  Pumpkins come about as symbol between agrarian life and industrial revolution tensions.  I mean, obviously the crop existed but it was coopted during this movement.  Then as North industrializes and South doesn't to the same extent, its role changed.  Then used during abolition movement.  Then finally as insulting symbol for poor blacks in the South from the Civil War through Jim Crow.  Ideological movements throughout American history have used animals and crops and commodities as placeholders and proxy war symbols.  The pumpkin is one of 'em, and not in a good way (for blacks).  Yes, the pumpkin is also associated with Halloween but was long ago coopted for more nefarious racism. 

If a bunch of drunk college kids want to celebrate Halloween and the sexy costumes that go along with it, there are more era-appropriate ways to do it than facepaint, torches, pumpkins and no children or candy whatsoever.  It's a weird look.  These guys probably have no idea the history even though they never shut the fuck up about tradition, but the roots of the event are dubious at best.  and not like in a fun way like Easter Eggs.

I saw a black lady at Kroger today buying pumpkins, maybe she's an aggy

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just in case it has slipped anyone's mind, here is Nostradumbass' playoff prediction.  He might get Michigan in.  I doubt it.  The other three teams are 4-3, 4-3, and 3-4 (LULZ).

FbLe5nFUUAAQtd6?format=jpg&name=small

25th, or so, posting of that buffoon's prediction. It's fine, never gets old.

Howard and A/M are a match made in heaven.