Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

30 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

At the 29:48 mark.

https://youtu.be/Bm7wIZRrkxg

Not saying he has a strong arm but I think he didn’t fully uncork that one and held up. Weird throwing motion. Not sure why unless he was afraid to throw it out of the back of the end zone and over corrected. Regardless if he was their starter all year I’m positive they’d still be 3-4. 

• Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

40 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

At the 29:48 mark.

https://youtu.be/Bm7wIZRrkxg

Holy fucking shit. I thought y'all were being silly. 45 yards. There are probably a dozen middle aged out of shape internet losers in this thread that could have thrown that farther than he did. He basically threw it from the catcher's box to second base. 

• Like 1

Pass protection is woeful. According to TruMedia, the Aggies have allowed their quarterbacks to be pressured (sacked, hit or hurried) on 45 percent of their dropbacks this season, the highest rate in the FBS and well above the national average of 30.5 percent. In last Saturday’s 30-24 loss to South Carolina, Weigman and Haynes King were pressured on half of their 48 combined dropbacks, the third-highest rate in a single game this season.

The two higher rates also came from A&M, when the Aggies allowed pressure on 52 percent of dropbacks against both Alabama and Miami.

It gets worse. On dropbacks in which Texas A&M had more blockers than pass rushers, it still allowed pressure 41.2 percent of the time, according to TruMedia. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3333435

NIL contracts: behavior clauses?

2,899 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by tokyoag

dunlay

AG

With the current news and rumors... does anyone know if these NIL contracts have clauses about personal conduct and behavior? If they are suspended, but still getting their deal$, where is the punishment?

Aggy still doesnt get it.  It IS NOT NIL money, it is an unsecured bag of cash they gave to all the 5* kids. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Aggy still doesnt get it.  It IS NOT NIL money, it is an unsecured bag of cash they gave to all the 5* kids. 

@RGBIII can you have behavior/morality clauses in NIL deals? i seem to remember someone (you) saying that as long as they were enrolled and "on the team" they got paid?

Edited by NoName

23 minutes ago, markstanco said:

This.   It's probably the ONE thing jimbo was truthful about in his ranting press conference in response to Saban - they DID NOT get that recruiting class with NIL deals.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

@RGBIII can you have behavior/morality clauses in NIL deals? i seem to remember someone (you) saying that as long as they were enrolled and "on the team" they got paid?

It would be incredibly dumb not to have a morals clause. If you signed a player to an NIL deal and they pull a Kanye, there has to be some way for the brand to distance themselves from the individual.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It would be incredibly dumb not to have a morals clause. If you signed a player to an NIL deal and they pull a Kanye, there has to be some way for the brand to distance themselves from the individual.

As dumb as to give a head corch a 10-year deal with no buyout whatsoever -- and then extending him just a few years into said deal -- because that's who we're dealing with here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Holy fucking shit. I thought y'all were being silly. 45 yards. There are probably a dozen middle aged out of shape internet losers in this thread that could have thrown that farther than he did. He basically threw it from the catcher's box to second base. 

Fuck you man.  I’m not out of shape.  I just have a breathing intolerance when not sitting on my ass.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Holy shit, the last 2 minutes of that game, South Carolina did everything they could to give that game away.

I guess they could surprise Ole Miss or LSU, but I think their path to bowl eligibility is Florida, @ Auburn, UMass (heh).

so did bama. it's like aggy wants to lose. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Correct, and on his second chance he ran right into pressure and had zero pocket awareness.  Looks like he can't throw drifting to his left, only to his right and even with that had a really weird motion/etc.  Just all around bad.

• Like 1

Word from a legit source is saying Weigman has told Jimbo that he is considering transferring at the end of the season

I am sure the hardcore recruiting nerds either know about this or will tell me I am wrong. My oldest nephew is friends with Weigman. He said that UT was interested but because they wouldn’t let him play both football and baseball, he chose aggy. My dad ran into Weigman’s mom in Cypress and she said it was because of Herman. I take this to mean Herman wouldn’t let him play both and/or they really disliked that fraud.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

just a dozen?

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am sure the hardcore recruiting nerds either know about this or will tell me I am wrong. My oldest nephew is friends with Weigman. He said that UT was interested but because they wouldn’t let him play both football and baseball, he chose aggy. My dad ran into Weigman’s mom in Cypress and she said it was because of Herman. I take this to mean Herman wouldn’t let him play both and/or they really disliked that fraud.

None of that would surprise me under Herman. He spent time inventing ways to fuck up recruitments and relationships. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On Joel Klatt's podcast released yesterday he spends a few minutes discussing each of UT, ND, OK and ATM - what they've done this season and where they're headed. It's worth listening. Of those 4 teams, he feels the best about where Texas is and where it's headed. Also sees some reason for optimism for the future of OK and ND. And sees zero reason for optimism for ATM. He thinks they'll lose at least 3 more, are 50/50 against Auburn, and that UMass is their only certain win. 

17 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Weigman grew up a Texas fan and only considered a&m when Texas didn't come calling. Referred to it as a "business decision".

That said, if I'm him I'm upping the required NIL to keep me there dramatically. They don't have a QB in the recruiting class. Johnson showed his ceiling and has been hurt obviously. King, well, he won't be there unless he just realizes he's not a college level QB and is good being a backup.... so Weigman is not only their 5 star hope, he's there ONLY option right now for 2023. They will of course grab a QB from the portal, but what quality QB on the planet is going to want to play for Jimbo when other options will be available??

At a minimum make a&m beat your highest offer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I don't know how the timing works out, but I'd guess landing Ewers early on probably had Weigman looking elsewhere also.  They were both originally in the same class.  Not that Herman couldn't fuck it up on his own.

56 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

"the brand"?

Good point these are just bags. I would imagine that in a real NIL deal, if Quinn went off on a long antisemitic rant that the brands Sonic and Wrangler would drop him. Well maybe not wrangler, since they are used to dealing with pieces of shit (Favre).

• Drool 1

You know.

I would point at the four very active threads we have on aggy right now (this, Jimbo recruiting, KKL, and the screenshot megathread) and go "obsession noted" or some dumb shit like that, except for two things.

One, I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

Two, so is everyone else. Have you seen r/CFB on Reddit lately? It's turned into r/point_and_laugh_at_aggy. 

Aggy stupidity has gone national. Their "100 year decision" is paying off!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You know.

I would point at the four very active threads we have on aggy right now (this, Jimbo recruiting, KKL, and the screenshot megathread) and go "obsession noted" or some dumb shit like that, except for two things.

One, I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

Two, so is everyone else. Have you seen r/CFB on Reddit lately? It's turned into r/point_and_laugh_at_aggy. 

Aggy stupidity has gone national. Their "100 year decision" is paying off!

aggytears.JPG

• Haha 4