• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

And I said this a whe back....  If A&M thinks they can get out of Jimbo's contract with a "for cause" issue, they're in for a world of hurt.   You have to believe Jimbo has a shit ton of dirt on them and would gladly let it out.

And no coach of any quality is going to that shithole to coach after this debacle.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

Jimbo has another 82 years to make it happen.

Edited 25 minutes ago by Harrison Stafford

this is why we can't have nice things. wtf was the edit?

The edit was changing the # of years from 78 to 82 for comedic value.  Having said that, it has been a bloody mary morning.

• Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Herman has a tough hill to climb. Right now Mack is the only former Texas Head Football Coach to have any success (such as it is) after being fired. Everybody else went on to disastrous failure when trying to coach again.

Which says a lot about UT’s hiring practices for football coaches.

• Rage+1 4

49 minutes ago, Deej said:

Good news for Tom Herman. 

47 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Herman has a tough hill to climb. Right now Mack is the only former Texas Head Football Coach to have any success (such as it is) after being fired. Everybody else went on to disastrous failure when trying to coach again.

Not sure if it is public or not, but the word is that Fuckface Herman is going to be the next HC at Colorado. Should be interesting to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not sure if it is public or not, but the word is that Fuckface Herman is going to be the next HC at Colorado. Should be interesting to watch.

That's a pretty good spot for him. Expectations not super high. Easier conference to play in. Any success will be met with gratitude. A fun place to recruit players to. And given the legality of certain substances there, perhaps he can line up some transfers from The Station!

• Haha 1

He would probably do okay there. He has done well when expectations are not high. Plus, he doesn’t get blown out in games aside maybe once or twice That I can’t recall.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I think he might do alright. He wasn't terrible by any means , just an asshole. 

If he can figure out how to be less of a dick, he'd probably be successful 

Edit : Colorado seems like a great place with low expectations, I think some other schools are going to wish they had hired him such as Nebraska where they'd embrace using the QB as a battering ram 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

20 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

That's a pretty good spot for him. Expectations not super high. Easier conference to play in. Any success will be met with gratitude. A fun place to recruit players to. And given the legality of certain substances there, perhaps he can line up some transfers from The Station!

Hmm, G2+THC oil? Dee-lish!

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

2100-2020 = 80 but we're 2 years past 2020 = 82

I'm not saying it's right, but that's a common path of mental math mistakes. 

The fact that 2023-2099 is 77 seasons, not 78, is a separate issue. 

I smell an extension totaling up to 770 million.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

2100-2020 = 80 but we're 2 years past 2020 = 82

I'm not saying it's right, but that's a common path of mental math mistakes. 

The fact that 2023-2099 is 77 seasons, not 78, is a separate issue. 

I smell an extension totaling up to 770 million.

53 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

The bar is set pretty low at Colorado right now, if Herman wins 5-6 games a year it will be a big improvement..

just starting from such a low bar. they are so bad across the board right now and it isn't like they have a ton of talent. 0 5*, 3 4* and 74 3* per 247 talent composite. haven't had back to back winning seasons in almost 20 yars (04-05), 1 top 25 in last 20 years and they have to play in the p12 every year. in what is also shocking they have finished in the bottom half of the p12 in recruiting rankings every year since they joined the conf.

no clear QB (2 young guys at QB at least?)

their rushing situation is kind of crazy. exact opposite of A&M - they have RBs with 46, 35, 38, 20, 29 rushing attempts. same at WR - 19, 12, 15, 12, 11 catches.

it's a tough job. if he can get to 5-6 wins consistently it's a huge jump.