• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

So this f-ing ghetto looking dump of a bar with ZERO Yelp reviews is some kind of aggy Valhalla?? Looks like old East Austin from the 1980s where you would go to score blow and hookers (with at least a 50% chance they did not have an Adam’s Apple). I figured they would at least bomb it with fake reviews saying how awesome it was. Wow, how depressing. 

Man I wish you'lda told me that way back.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Man I wish you'lda told me that way back.

Ha! There is an epic story that forever memorialized the line “for four dollars and a wig I’ll do anything you want, too” from back in the day that spawned from that exact situation for some poor chap we knew. Man I miss good old East Austin.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

So this f-ing ghetto looking dump of a bar with ZERO Yelp reviews is some kind of aggy Valhalla?? Looks like old East Austin from the 1980s where you would go to score blow and hookers (with at least a 50% chance they did not have an Adam’s Apple). I figured they would at least bomb it with fake reviews saying how awesome it was. Wow, how depressing. 

IMG_0111.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg

Looks like a combo nails shop & waxing salon in a North Lamar strip center.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, South Austin said:

That man is climbing up in my hero ranks.

Kiffin’s ability to troll opponents is why he’s one of the best CFB villains right now - and especially bc he loves to needle Jimbo every year. And I’ve said for a while, the way he embraces his role, he would fully weaponize Texas’ reputation as the “villain” of CFB to the rest of the country and negate the “every team’s Super Bowl” by turning that around on opponents. 

If, god forbid Sark didn’t work out here, my first call would be to Lane 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Kiffin’s ability to troll opponents is why he’s one of the best CFB villains right now - and especially bc he loves to needle Jimbo every year. And I’ve said for a while, the way he embraces his role, he would fully weaponize Texas’ reputation as the “villain” of CFB to the rest of the country and negate the “every team’s Super Bowl” by turning that around on opponents. 

If, god forbid Sark didn’t work out here, my first call would be to Lane 

How people love to hate on Texas, bringing in Lane Kiffin would give them a true reason to hate us. I'm all for it!

Snap counts vs Scar and for the season:

Offense (72 total plays)

Quarterback: Max Johnson (72).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (72), Bryce Foster (72), Layden Robinson (72), Mark Nabou Jr. (43), Chase Bisontis (41), Dametrious Crownover (37) and Kam Dewberry (29).

Running back: Rueben Owens II (44), Amari Daniels (30).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (10).

Tight end: Max Wright (38), Jake Johnson (35) and Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (2).

Wide receiver: Evan Stewart (62), Ainias Smith (52), Noah Thomas (44), Jahdae Walker (20) and Micah Tease (18).

Defense (61 total plays)

Defensive line: McKinnley Jackson (44), Shemar Turner (41), Fadil Diggs (40), Isaiah Raikes (26), Malick Sylla (24), Shemar Stewart (24), Walter Nolen (20), DJ Hicks (11), LT Overton (11) and Rylan Kennedy (1).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (61), Taurean York (38) and Chris Russell Jr. (10).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (61), Bryce Anderson (56), Deuce Harmon (49), Jacoby Mathews (44), Jayvon Thomas (32), Josh DeBerry (31), Tyreek Chappell (26), Sam McCall (15) and Jarred Kerr (4).

Season snap count totals on offense (565 total plays)

Quarterback: Max Johnson (343), Conner Weigman (221) and Jaylen Henderson (1).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (550), Layden Robinson (550), Bryce Foster (472), Mark Nabou Jr. (430), Chase Bisontis (401), Kam Dewberry (200), Dametrious Crownover (172), Remington Strickland (15), Aki Ogunbiyi (15), Jordan Spasojevic-Moko (9), Reuben Fatheree II (9), TJ Shanahan (6), Derek Ferraro (6), Hunter Erb (5) and Colton Thomasson (1).

Running back: Le’Veon Moss (197), Rueben Owens II (189), Amari Daniels (184) and David Bailey (19).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (48).

Tight end: Jake Johnson (355), Max Wright (239), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (62) and Fernando Garza III (6).

Wide receiver: Evan Stewart (381), Ainias Smith (378), Noah Thomas (300), Moose Muhammad III (194), Jahdae Walker (165), Micah Tease (51), Raymond Cottrell (21), Jordan Anthony (18), Jacob Brasher (1), Hunter Vivaldi (1) and Andrew Maleski (1).

Season snap count totals on defense (495 total plays)

Defensive line: Fadil Diggs (313), Shemar Turner (304), McKinnley Jackson (287), Walter Nolen (243), Isaiah Raikes (166), Shemar Stewart (162), LT Overton (159), Albert Regis (122), Malick Sylla (107), DJ Hicks (63), Enai White (37), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (17), Micaiah Overton (6), Samu Taumanupepe (2) and Rylan Kennedy (1).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (385), Taurean York (341), Chris Russell Jr. (161), Jurriente Davis (30), Martrell Harris Jr. (25), Daymion Sanford (6) and Drew Beltran (2).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (455), Josh DeBerry (390), Jacoby Mathews (360), Bryce Anderson (359), Tyreek Chappell (345), Deuce Harmon (236), Jarred Kerr (96), Jardin Gilbert (75), Jayvon Thomas (65), Dalton Brooks (54), Sam McCall (49), Kent Robinson (13) and Bravion Rogers (9).

22 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

How people love to hate on Texas, bringing in Lane Kiffin would give them a true reason to hate us. I'm all for it!

One of the reasons I was sad that Mensa turned out to be a fraud is because his douche-tasticness would have have annoyed everyone that hates us like no other coach we've had if he actually won. 

We've had to put up with losing to those types at OU for decades now. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

hes on the all time list. Rich and drowning in hot ole miss grad poon, and banging hotter alumns 

I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but in the full presser he kept using the term collected in reference to the amassing of talent on the Aggie roster. As in they have collected a bunch of talent. Thought that was interesting as it refers to both a potential NIL collective and classes being bought, but also has a clearly different meaning than recruited or identified or developed. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ. Jimbo could lose out and still aint getting fired after this season

Next season, sure. But THEY DONT HAVE 76 MILLION.

the highest buyout actually paid in CFB history was Malzahn at Auburn for 21 million, right?

This is almost 4x that much

But aggy wants to own the record books, so don't count them out...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ. Jimbo could lose out and still aint getting fired after this season

Next season, sure. But THEY DONT HAVE 76 MILLION.

the highest buyout actually paid in CFB history was Malzahn at Auburn for 21 million, right?

This is almost 4x that much

I doubt he’s getting fired after next season either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

All that and $65MM buyout.

The total buyout with staff included with be closer to 80-90M.  THEN you have the incoming coach and staff to account for.  If they take a swing at another "known" coach that will demand a larger contract it will be glorious.  If they actually want to try and make waves, they'll find an up and comer on the cheap and take their chances that way.  Obvious, I know - but the search will be paramount on finding someone who "gets" their fuckery and can also win games.  The shine is off Elko (not that he'd come back), so I have no clue who'd they go after.  

• Haha 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

The total buyout with staff included with be closer to 80-90M.  THEN you have the incoming coach and staff to account for.  If they take a swing at another "known" coach that will demand a larger contract it will be glorious.  If they actually want to try and make waves, they'll find an up and comer on the cheap and take their chances that way.  Obvious, I know - but the search will be paramount on finding someone who "gets" their fuckery and can also win games.  The shine is off Elko (not that he'd come back), so I have no clue who'd they go after.  

But... what if Urban is available?

• Haha 3