• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggy also is on the hook for a $485 million stadium renovation. They are not a bottomless pit of money and feel pain at some point.
Yes, that combined with paying Jimbo and staff to go away and then overpaying the next savior of aggy football...one has to wonder if there will be enough pennies left in the bank to keep up their "NIL" game plus real NIL?

They're looking at fleecing donors for over half a Bil over the next few years with zero roi.

6 hours ago, ousux said:

Yes, that combined with paying Jimbo and staff to go away and then overpaying the next savior of aggy football...one has to wonder if there will be enough pennies left in the bank to keep up their "NIL" game plus real NIL?

They're looking at fleecing donors for over half a Bil over the next few years with zero roi.

And didn't they recently announce a $200M+ athletics renovation/expansion project as well?

Edited by BRLA
typo

8 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I was getting gas a few months ago at the Chevron at Weslayan and 59 in Houston.  Walked inside to grab a soda.  There is a gigantic black man buying some swishers.  I talk to him a bit and turns out it is Kellen Heard.  He was high as shit.  

I was getting gas at 35 & wells branch.

or was it 16th and Trinity???

I don’t know

i was HIGHER than shit….

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

People keep talking about aggie depth and talent for 2024. I would like to know what people are thinking when they do this. I've spoilered my thoughts due to length:

Hide contents

Everyone is willing to pay key personnel in the portal. Everyone. It's almost impossible to moneywhip someone to stay if they're thinking about leaving because the money is green on either side of the choice. Beyond retention, bringing key talent in from the portal, when all of the money is still green, is heavily dependent upon immediate playing time and whether or not a player thinks you can win. The idealism many carry in recruiting is gone. They're all 19-25 year old guys who have been through at least one cycle.

Recruiting-wise, ATM is about to have a run made on their current class if folks who normally understand this shit pretty well are to be believed. So an infusion of true freshmen, which is a spurious hope in terms of leading to dramatic team improvement immediately, is unlikely because they're about to stripped of a lot of it.

So, with that context, think about the depth chart next season if they somehow retain everyone:

QB: Weigman is rumored to be seriously considering heading elsewhere due to OL issues. Johnson is okay. The guys behind these two are buttered poo.

TB: Moss, Daniels, and Owens - Moss is decent, Daniels is mediocre, Owens doesn't look like a 5 star and cannot block.

TE: Johnson is good, not great. The Swedish guy is a non-entity. Green is good if he's fully recovered. 

WR: Stewart, Thomas and Muhammad could all come back. Walker too, for whatever that is worth. 

OL: Zuhn, Nabou, and Crownover are replacement value players. Foster is a constant problem. Fatheree may retire from football. Dewberry is second string for a bad line. 

DT: Nolan is damned good. Regis is good. 

NT: Brownlow-Dindy is the only guy with eligibility after this season and he's not playing and rumored to be gone. I guess this may be where the giant fatass of Pacific Islander descent is on the roster, so there's that. 

DE: Diggs will be gone. Turner and Stewart, plus Scylla, will return. These guys have been good at times. Enai White is no longer getting snaps.

LB: The best actual player on their defense departs in Cooper. York returns and he'll be fine if you like Reid Boyd types. Russell is not playing much and will be gone. There is no one else at LB that qualifies as an actual P5 talent.

CB: Chappell, Harmon, McCall, and Thomas are all back, if they want to be.

S: Richardson leaves and Matthews stays. Jagger Jarred Kerr is back. Gilbert could come back. 

NB: Anderson comes back, we presume. 

Now look at that and tell me that you believe that is going to be one of the best, most talented, rosters in the country. If you do think that, why? They are good at WR if those guys return to play in an offense that doesn't use them. The DT and DE spots are good if those guys return. QB *might* be fine but has a lot of risk on it. TB, TE, and CB are mediocre across the board. The OL and LB corps will be thin and terrible. NT is super thin and unproven. Safety and NB will be good. 

So, barring injuries, they'll have the same depth problems at multiple key positions and their worst position in regard to depth and talent will be the most important position - OL. Everything on offense spins around that. 

I see a 6-6 team if they're lucky. 

re: WR

WR: Stewart, Thomas and Muhammad could all come back. Walker too, for whatever that is worth. 

i know you know this but they are going to face some serious pushback to keep all 3 of those guys out of the portal and at A&M.

the history of QB injuries, the 10 year old scheme, the lack of putting dudes in positions to be successful, the hyping up of a guy from GVSU - all of it makes no sense.

Evan Stewart seems like the guy USC tampers into the portal, pays $$$ and then has a very very good year.

9 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I was getting gas a few months ago at the Chevron at Weslayan and 59 in Houston.  Walked inside to grab a soda.  There is a gigantic black man buying some swishers.  I talk to him a bit and turns out it is Kellen Heard.  He was high as shit.  

Did you ram him from behind as hard as possible as he walked out of the store?

• Haha 1

i know you know this but they are going to face some serious pushback to keep all 3 of those guys out of the portal and at A&M.
the history of QB injuries, the 10 year old scheme, the lack of putting dudes in positions to be successful, the hyping up of a guy from GVSU - all of it makes no sense.
Evan Stewart seems like the guy USC tampers into the portal, pays $$$ and then has a very very good year.

We should really think about doing the same since we're on tap for losing our top 3 receivers after this season.

20 minutes ago, NoName said:

If Riley goes to the NFL I wonder if USC continues that trend. Still I agree. He totally ends up in Knoxville or at Ole Miss if not USC. 

9 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

RIP Torbush. ALS is a horrible disease 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Torbush. Did not expect that one. 

ALS is just awful. My cousin's husband was a complete bad ass and it killed him year before last. Really, really fucking sad.

Also, 72 is pretty late to be getting/dying of ALS. It usually hits people in their late 40's/early 50's, I thought.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, ousux said:
15 hours ago, Thatguy said:
All the underlined are losses. Jimbo doesn't win road games, and well, us. Note Dame will punch them in the mouth the same way Miami did. Then the LSU and Mizzou games are a toss up. I say between 5-7 or 7-5.

image.png.1cfd7a87306679ca6c791594f25f742f.png.d4af8957d4fbc0502d15101aa89b40c0.png

I'd like to believe, but Gata and Cocks are beyond hapless this year and no reason to think they'll be much better next season.

I think you forgot about the fact that aggy hasn't won a road game since October of 2021, So yeah................L

11 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Largest human being I’ve ever seen. 

37 minutes ago, C-Man said:

ALS is just awful. My cousin's husband was a complete bad ass and it killed him year before last. Really, really fucking sad.

Also, 72 is pretty late to be getting/dying of ALS. It usually hits people in their late 40's/early 50's, I thought.

The range for development is 40-70 with the average age of 55.  I think the shocking thing here is he was diagnosed with ALS less than a week ago.  I don't think I've ever heard of someone passing away that quickly...

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The range for development is 40-70 with the average age of 55.  I think the shocking thing here is he was diagnosed with ALS less than a week ago.  I don't think I've ever heard of someone passing away that quickly...

That is amazing that he was diagnosed only a week ago. Wonder what symptoms he was experiencing because in my cousin's husband's situation, he went from playing adult baseball when he was diagnosed for just not feeling well to basically being glued to a wheel chair and not being able to barely speak 4-5 years later. He was diagnosed in his mid-50's and died at 59 or 60.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I think it was released a week ago to lessen the shock as things trended south. Per the aggy board, so who knows. RIP Torbush 

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That is amazing that he was diagnosed only a week ago. Wonder what symptoms he was experiencing because in my cousin's husband's situation, he went from playing adult baseball when he was diagnosed for just not feeling well to basically being glued to a wheel chair and not being able to barely speak 4-5 years later. He was diagnosed in his mid-50's and died at 59 or 60.

Jesus, that's a scenario beyond horrific. 

11 hours ago, ousux said:

Maybe they can refinance some of their debt to today's interest rates of 8-12% and make their failure complete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Here's something else I didn't realize until right now and, fucking wow. Apparently Texags and Liucci run the official NIL program for the school. I'm not talking about the Texags version. I'm talking about the Texas Aggies United. Some guy on 247 involved with it comes onto a thread about it and declares that Texags and Liucci "only run the servers for us" which is hilariously specious. Oh, does Texags have a monopoly on server management and infosec for aggies? Absurd.

Anyway, here's some poster's response who has respect on the board and seems like a relatively intelligent and level-headed poster from other things I've seen. He mentions something that I hadn't considered, but it is quite insidious and he clearly is alluding to it happening before - Texags and Liucci turning over personal data to the AD when they've got a problem with posters. Now, NIL donors will also be at risk. 

Imagine if @immamac and @blacklab were often turning over info about posters to the LHF or AD? Holy shit. 

Anyway, here is the post:

Mac1014

"RayRay11 said... (original post) It all really sucks. The only thing I’ll say is the Texas Aggies united NIL fund is not going to TexAgs. They run the website for us. That’s it. But Mac knows that."

No, I don't know that. Nobody knows who is running this entity, right? Fair or not that would present a challenge for anyone wanting to stroke checks.

Nobody knows what all goes on in the Texags frat house, but we do know they are a shady bunch and anything that outfit has a hand in becomes suspect.

The blaring narrative right now is that, accurate or not, everyone blames A&M's establishment for being an 8 win school. They want new blood running things and people with expectations etc etc (right?) They want to be like Texas and Bama and LSU and fire coaches after three years of nonperformance.

It's y'alls deal of course, and we all applaud you guys for trying hard and spending time playing around with it all. You get to see how the cake is baked and be a part of it so I'm sure it's fun to a point....but think of it like this. If you're a MAGA person, Texags represents the 'deep state' or the 'swamp' if you will....and in the spirit of fairness if you're a liberal, Texags represents MAGA people, (hopefully that covers everybody). So it only makes it tougher to a degree having TexAgs attach their name to it.

It paints an image of Muffchin carrying Sharp's luggage on a weekend hunting trip with Jimbo since we've all seen what Muffchin & Co is willing to do to maintain locker room access.

Anything with a 'Texags' moniker on it brings up the fact that they work for the athletic department and you never know when they are going to decide to reveal people's personal information to maintain access, or do anything they are told to by the powers that be.

Everybody sees how they censor that board, and we see the b.s. Billy puts out there online and on his tours of interviews on the SEC Network with Marty & McGee and Finebaum and what-not. It's embarrassing and nauseating.

Of course TexAgs has 854154801 subscribers, so I'm certain it presents a large pool to draw a gozillion $250 p/yr donors from, but I'm guessing you guys are needing more 5 and 6 figure donors to keep players from bolting in the portal.

Either way, good luck to you guys because you're probably going to need a ton of money to hold onto talent around here while Jimbo gets QB's crippled and blames it on players not executing for 6 straight years.

4 top 10 classes in 6 years and he can't beat teams that haven't had top 15 classes. That's a hard ticket to sell, I'm sure.

Lulz at the MAGA analogy being the preferred manner that guy can think of to illustrate the situation to the brainwashed/braindead texags posters. Perfection.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Here's something else I didn't realize until right now and, fucking wow. Apparently Texags and Liucci run the official NIL program for the school. I'm not talking about the Texags version. I'm talking about the Texas Aggies United. Some guy on 247 involved with it comes onto a thread about it and declares that Texags and Liucci "only run the servers for us" which is hilariously specious. Oh, does Texags have a monopoly on server management and infosec for aggies? Absurd.

Anyway, here's some poster's response who has respect on the board and seems like a relatively intelligent and level-headed poster from other things I've seen. He mentions something that I hadn't considered, but it is quite insidious and he clearly is alluding to it happening before - Texags and Liucci turning over personal data to the AD when they've got a problem with posters. Now, NIL donors will also be at risk. 

Imagine if @immamac and @blacklab were often turning over info about posters to the LHF or AD? Holy shit. 

Anyway, here is the post:

Mac1014

"RayRay11 said... (original post) It all really sucks. The only thing I’ll say is the Texas Aggies united NIL fund is not going to TexAgs. They run the website for us. That’s it. But Mac knows that."

No, I don't know that. Nobody knows who is running this entity, right? Fair or not that would present a challenge for anyone wanting to stroke checks.

Nobody knows what all goes on in the Texags frat house, but we do know they are a shady bunch and anything that outfit has a hand in becomes suspect.

The blaring narrative right now is that, accurate or not, everyone blames A&M's establishment for being an 8 win school. They want new blood running things and people with expectations etc etc (right?) They want to be like Texas and Bama and LSU and fire coaches after three years of nonperformance.

It's y'alls deal of course, and we all applaud you guys for trying hard and spending time playing around with it all. You get to see how the cake is baked and be a part of it so I'm sure it's fun to a point....but think of it like this. If you're a MAGA person, Texags represents the 'deep state' or the 'swamp' if you will....and in the spirit of fairness if you're a liberal, Texags represents MAGA people, (hopefully that covers everybody). So it only makes it tougher to a degree having TexAgs attach their name to it.

It paints an image of Muffchin carrying Sharp's luggage on a weekend hunting trip with Jimbo since we've all seen what Muffchin & Co is willing to do to maintain locker room access.

Anything with a 'Texags' moniker on it brings up the fact that they work for the athletic department and you never know when they are going to decide to reveal people's personal information to maintain access, or do anything they are told to by the powers that be.

Everybody sees how they censor that board, and we see the b.s. Billy puts out there online and on his tours of interviews on the SEC Network with Marty & McGee and Finebaum and what-not. It's embarrassing and nauseating.

Of course TexAgs has 854154801 subscribers, so I'm certain it presents a large pool to draw a gozillion $250 p/yr donors from, but I'm guessing you guys are needing more 5 and 6 figure donors to keep players from bolting in the portal.

Either way, good luck to you guys because you're probably going to need a ton of money to hold onto talent around here while Jimbo gets QB's crippled and blames it on players not executing for 6 straight years.

4 top 10 classes in 6 years and he can't beat teams that haven't had top 15 classes. That's a hard ticket to sell, I'm sure.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Largest human being I’ve ever seen. 

I went to Cy Creek High School and was a year ahead of Sam Adams little brother.  While Sam wasn't the largest human being I've ever seen one time in the late 90s I was at the Petsmart getting dog food while he was playing with the Seahawks and he rolled into the parking lot in a Toyota Supra.  I have never seen such a large human being get out of such a small car.  I went over said hello and gave him a little good natured grief over his choice in wheels and he told me it was his mom's car haha.

• Haha 1

I went to high school with a guy who played tackle for Tech in 07-08 (via Blinn) who is 6'10" 400lbs (was about 375 when he played for Tech).

We had a truck driver come in at work one day that was 6’10” and about 425. Dude looked like a fucking vending machine. Sorta like a strong man competitor. Said his dad and 3 of his brothers were bigger than he was. Just crazy.

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

No idea I didn't even know he had ALS until yesterday then I found out he was diagnosed not even a week ago.  My friend from Fort Worth got diagnosed in 2017 when she was 51 I remember I called her right before her diagnosis and thought (to myself thankfully) "man it's pretty early to be this faded" then not even a week later she got the diagnosis.  I have never felt so horrible in my life that I assumed she was drunk/stoned.  When she could still drive she had to carry a note from her neurologist so that cops wouldn't immediately detain her.  She grew up in Costa Mesa, California and was a huge Raiders fan so for my 41st birthday I took her to Oakland for MNF when the Rams came to town in 2018 by that point she had to write things down on a piece of paper to communicate with everyone :( The Raiders fans tailgating were so amazingly kind to her that warmed my blackened heart even though I had to repeat her story some 25+ times to everyone. The last time I got to see her I went over to her house and drove her to the hospital to see our mutual friend who was in hospice so that she could tell him she loved him and see him before he passed away.  I tried to get her to go to concerts but her condition had gotten so bad by mid 2019 she didn't want to go out in public for anything.  Shortly after that I broke my foot then covid hit and then soon after she passed.  I miss her dearly she was a wonderful friend and always kept a cheery attitude despite being saddled with such a horrific disease.

Same thing with my buddy.  He calls me to talk about something, and I ask him where he went to lunch, he must have had a few.   He tells me no and that his wife thought he was drunk a few days ago as well.     Finds out 3 weeks later its ALS, 3-4 years later, dead.

• Like 4