• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I missed that. Totally over my head. I’m sitting here with my wife watching Golden Bachelor. I’m considering laying my head on the drill press in the garage and drilling out my brain.
This is why every house needs multiple TV's.

Wait, you watch that stuff willingly?

It just reaffirms that aggy contract negotiators are easily the most inept in history. In one corner they hog tie themselves and royally fuck their future over at the slightest signs of life all the while fucking the rest of the staff over.

No wonder its such a derelict shit show over there. Hint: pay less to the HFC and distribute the funds out to a capable staff.

The last Civil War widow died in 2020. When she was 21 she married a vet who was 88. 

220px-William_and_Maudie_Cantrell.jpg

The last person to receive a Civil War pension also died in 2020. She was the daughter of a guy who fought for the Confederacy at first and then went over to the Union side. He deserted from the Confederacy just before Gettysburg where 734 of the 800 men in his regiment died. Her mom was 34 when she was born and her dad was 83. At the time of her death, she was collecting a pension of $73.13 a month.

The Last Person Collecting a Civil War Pension Has Died - InsideHook

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

The last Civil War widow died in 2020. When she was 21 she married a vet who was 88. 

The last person to receive a Civil War pension also died in 2020. She was the daughter of a guy who fought for the Confederacy at first and then went over to the Union side. He deserted from the Confederacy just before Gettysburg where 734 of the 800 men in his regiment died. Her mom was 34 when she was born and her dad was 83. At the time of her death, she was collecting a pension of $73.13 a month.

41 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You took the picture didn’t you?

No, I didn’t.
Ditto.

35 minutes ago, Kwix said:

I watched about 30 seconds of that crap.  It was obviously created by an aggy.

Yeah, they totally screwed up the issues with 3rd tier rights and how the B12 network never happened and how the guy that started the B10 network proposed the idea to the B12 first and 11 of the 12 said no...

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

I thought Jim Varney died in 2000?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

X , 1 , X 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

That is a great article. 

Seems like he knows his subject matter. 

If the coaching carousel would start early, A&M was an obvious choice to kick things off: a wealthy brand underperforming for its deep-pocketed and frequently delusional corps of boosters.

Entering this weekend, Fisher’s 26-21 record in SEC games had message boarders (and me) assuming that if oil approaches $100 a barrel anytime soon (it’s sitting at $76.42 as of this writing), cash-flush and historically squirrelly Aggies boosters would pull the trigger on Fisher’s current buyout of roughly $77 million.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The notion that the price of a barrel of oil has any affect on a coaches buyout is completely absurd to me.

Sure, the average oil field worker will go buy a new jacked up F250 when the oil is flowing, but the guy that runs the company that has built his business over time doesn’t blow tens of millions on a losing football coach just because oil prices spikes for a bit.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

The notion that the price of a barrel of oil has any affect on a coaches buyout is completely absurd to me.

Sure, the average oil field worker will go buy a new jacked up F250 when the oil is flowing, but the guy that runs the company that has built his business over time doesn’t blow tens of millions on a losing football coach just because oil prices spikes for a bit.

Don't underestimate the insanity of oil company executives.  I was one.  

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3418003

Yes, let's establish a committee to figure out how we should 'commemorate' texas.

“We have effing idiots running our University”

Are you ******* kidding me?

If anyone wanted proof that our university and athletic leadership is just a bunch of paid mercenaries who don't understand A&M, this is it. 

When someone tries to screw you over, you don't 'commemorate' them. When someone tries to extort you, you don't 'commemorate' them. When someone convinces your business associates, i.e. business partners, to keep you in the dark to make a deal you know goes against your best interests, you don't 'commemorate' them. 

We shouldn't need to explain this simple concept to the people in charge in College Station, but here we are.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, John Coctostan said:

Daniel Day Lewis Eating GIF by The Good Films

Used to go to an event at Pizzatolas where execs would regularly buy-up nfl teams in the playoffs for 200k to 1mm based on odds to win SB and then horse trade to hedge. Top two would split 80% of pool. This was to show who had best year. Not quite 77 mm degeneracy. 10-25k shares on the long shots were quite common even among the unwashed. Made for interesting calls during playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sips are democrat politicians. Aggie leadership is republican politicians. Republicans are comfortable with losing as long as they pretend they hold some type of so called moral high ground. Democrats do what is necessary to win at all costs. Republicans don't. Sips and Aggie leadership is the same way.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 7

31 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Sips are democrat politicians. Aggie leadership is republican politicians. Republicans are comfortable with losing as long as they pretend they hold some type of so called moral high ground. Democrats do what is necessary to win at all costs. Republicans don't. Sips and Aggie leadership is the same way.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Applying logic to aggy thinking. Bold move.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1