• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Nephew who is friends with several current aggy players says they all hated Jimbo and that they are ecstatic he is gone. Color me shocked 🤣🤘🏻.

Pretty brilliant of those players to stick around for the glory that is college station instead of transferring literally anywhere else despite their burning hatred of Jimbo. They sure are a smart bunch.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TexasEx said:

Dabo would be about the aggiest corch to hire, so that's who I'm going with. It would be an aw shucks, bible thumping repeat of Jimbo's tenure, and it would be glorious to watch. 

Only problem is that Dabo walks on water at Clemson. He ain't going anywhere. Sure Clemson is on a down year, but he's safe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Pretty brilliant of those players to stick around for the glory that is college station instead of transferring literally anywhere else despite their burning hatred of Jimbo. They sure are a smart bunch.

Ah, if life was only that easy, my old friend. It's not easy to transfer to another school, just like it's hard to leave a job when you hate your boss, cause life. Sometimes you just have to live through it. 

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah….an attempt by aggy to avoid paying out based on immunity would fail (doesn’t mean they won’t try, but they’ll fail). The legislature waived immunity for claims for amounts due and owed under a contract for goods or services.

Jimbo gonna get paid. And if aggy tries to get out of it, his lawyers are gonna get paid too.

Isn't that waiver limited to the part of the contract performed?  In other words, you could sue for past years not paid but not future years?

I am pretty sure SI means no state school has to pay a coach for the future years owed on a contract but schools never play that card (outside of Tech) because they know it will make hiring the next coach impossible.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Ah, if life was only that easy, my old friend. It's not easy to transfer to another school, just like it's hard to leave a job when you hate your boss, cause life. Sometimes you just have to live through it. 

You mean these are individuals living different lives under different circumstances, and not chess pieces on a board? Crazy!

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, Scholz said:
What's that now?  0/3?  Lanning, DeBoer, Prime...

They will have to work their way down the list for sure, but don't take every one of those "no's" at face value...especially if aggy is desperate enough to meet any price, any demand. I don't know if a contract could possibly get more one sided than Jimbo's was, but by God those gomers won't be denied spending their money.

And that crazy pride in doing so.

Coach XXXXX loves A&M, and us paying him $10.1 million a year proves how many top coaches are desperate to come to Texas A&M! If they loved us any more, we'd go broke paying their salaries.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.1f450a6132bce61b348d784f60d253d6.png

This profoundly illustrates what a crapshoot hiring a coach is. They were all sought out enough to command those huge salaries even though many were hardly proven as head coaches at all. Others had been successful one place but didn't work out in another. I hate looking for a new coach

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

We’re all not going to be laughing when Jeff Traylor is high-fiving the “Milk Men” in the Endzone, wearing his burgundy addidas shoes, after beating our foes asses on a weekly basis. Hell his daughter already played volleyball at aggy, so he already has a little tie to aggy.

Just saying!

Hook’em!!!

That's not the only connection 

Screenshot_20231115-083638_Chrome.thumb.jpg.99dc9e5e450cc1beaf2885f8f3e35251.jpg

We're thinking too small and logically to capture the aggy mindset (such as it is).  They will pay any price, meet any hardship, and fill up endless jizz jars to become relevant. 

They need to be the first school to pay their head football corch $1 billion dollars, guaran-god damn-teed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggets said:

yeah, most people see it as proof of stupidity for having such a shitty contract to begin with... 

but... outside looking in and all that... 

It is the official turd-polishing party line and it is texurgs job to make sure everyone toes it.

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

Talked to an aggy friend yesterday evening. His thoughts.

Everyone in CFB at the time was convinced that Jimbo was a great hire. It wasn't a bad decision.

The firing of Jimbo shows aggy commitment to excellence.

He expects the next hire to be big.

Elko and Traylor are beneath aggy. It will be an Urban type hire. Also, Traylor is a tsip hack.

no offense, but your friend is a dumbass

'Everyone in CFB' they probably mean everyone on 'Tex Ags' 

I can speak to here, and to reddit/r/cfb and everyone trashed every part of the Jimbo hire immediately. The fact he was about to get fired from FSU, the crappy seasons that were spiraling downward, the lack of OLine investment, and of course the ridiculous buyout clauses on the contract. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Aggie single handedly fucks up the coaching market with their stupidity. So many people are getting raises because of this. And now they are in the pretzel of trying to pay a new coach way less than the fired guy. Anybody that uses logic will say you guys set your bar with Jimbo's contract, how do i not get paid more?

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.1f450a6132bce61b348d784f60d253d6.png

This profoundly illustrates what a crapshoot hiring a coach is. They were all sought out enough to command those huge salaries even though many were hardly proven as head coaches at all. Others had been successful one place but didn't work out in another. I hate looking for a new coach

The best job in the world is being an agent negotiating with these fucking idiot schools.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, F250 said:

He expects the next hire to be big.

if they are going to pay another gazillion dollars to get a big name coach I wouldn't count out James Franklin.  I understand he is from PA and talks about it as "home" etc.  I think he has realized he can no longer fool those fans anymore, and that he's not going to overtake Ohio State.  He might be ready to move on to the next sucker before retiring.

• Hook 'Em 3

Dabo would be about the aggiest corch to hire, so that's who I'm going with. It would be an aw shucks, bible thumping repeat of Jimbo's tenure, and it would be glorious to watch. 

Dabo’s current team also isn’t playing for Jack shit this year. He could make the move as soon as the regular season ends. I think he’d be a colossal failure at aggy too.

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

if they are going to pay another gazillion dollars to get a big name coach I wouldn't count out James Franklin.  I understand he is from PA and talks about it as "home" etc.  I think he has realized he can no longer fool those fans anymore, and that he's not going to overtake Ohio State.  He might be ready to move on to the next sucker before retiring.

Please, let this happen!

• Hook 'Em 1

Being a manager is very difficult, just as being a lower-level employee is. I’ve been a good and bad manager, and I’m in my 60’s and still learning, lol. I always thought Jimbo was terrible in his leadership role at A&M. Yelling and screaming at players AFTER they do something stupid during a game is poor coaching. Give them the tools to do the job right before the game and don’t embarrass them in front of the crowd, their families, etc. That is poor leadership that’s more a reflection on Jimbo than it is on the players. I really enjoyed his sideline rants and his passive-aggressive comments in the press conferences afterwards. “We miss a block there, we just got to execute better, gotta use our heads.” It really was someone who was losing control and knew it. I already miss him so much. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1