• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

What's sad about all this is that we'll never know how much money they were going to pay Stoops. He was already making $9mm at UK..

Liucci claimed Mark Stoops was headed to aggy for less money... 😂😂😂😂

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Constant said:

I want Texas to fail miserably in all things. 

Aren’t you the cop who made us pour out all our beers on the side of the highway on one of our college trip to colorado, even though we were all over 21?   Fortunately for us you didn’t find the weed. 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Liucci claimed Mark Stoops was headed to aggy for less money... 😂😂😂😂

I mean honestly I would believe it. It's impossible to turn UK into a championship program and at some point in life, making $8mm vs $9mm is probably nothing for these guys

19 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The thing that is truly baffling to me is that they are tying themselves to a recruiting class that has delivered a 12-12 record since being on campus. The roster is full of holes, has no depth, is undisciplined, and entitled. Yet, they want to keep this roster in place so badly that they are going to literally mortgage the next 3 years of their program to keep them in place, INCLUDING forcing a hire upon a coach and/or hiring from within from a .500 staff. Just wow.

No kidding.

I think Coach Prime is way overhyped, but he did just go 4-8 with nearly an entire roster he built via the portal after running off pretty much all of the old roster.  It remains to be seen what Prime's ceiling is, but a program worth their shit would realize that a lot of holes in their roster could be filled with quality replacements from the portal.

But luckily for us and our never-ending amusement, aggy is not a program worth their shit.  They're going to be wishing for 7-5 next season after this shit show.

12 minutes ago, JBJ said:

This is one of the most aggy things ever.  The entire Jimbo Fischer era has been amazing.

Looch actually said something like I don't want to step into a clown show.

Dude you just did a giant cannonball into a clown show!!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, po elvis said:

word is he already signed with A&M and they had to pay him his buyout to get out of it.

Surely that's false? I mean that's what happened *checks notes* 3 months ago with the signing of UT journalism professor, Kathleen McElroy. That whole fiasco was an embarrassment for not only A&M but the entire state in a way (due to the outside interference, no CR). Surely they wouldn't be so foolish as to repeat that mistake?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but what's just as bad is that I can't tell if I am either....

Can't recall who said it earlier, but agree that Bjork is likely gone. He came on during the Young (President) era and IIRC the BOR hired Young for fundraising but the  rabid faithful did not like him. So Bjork was already drinking from a poisoned well and under a microscope.

Castiglione is a great story because he only had four years experience when OU brought him aboard. He hired Bob S quite quick and Stoops had zero head coaching experience. Both men are smart and know when to keep quiet (mostly I'm referring to the AD there) and in the long run, smart hires usually work out better over time. Before someone brings up a certain recently departed head coach, there is smart and there is intelligent. In my opinion, the latter w/o the former is not a good fit in team sports.

3 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

I’m sensing a glitch in the Matrix. It must be stopped at all cost. 

No worries, the second to last sentence/paragraph is why they will never change. The poster quoted is simultaneously admitting that's part of why they're frustrated without realizing that's why they'll never get any better. They will keep paying their money without ever demanding actual results. They will be mollified by feeling like they affected the coaching search and then they'll go right back to blind loyalty.

Edited by Huckleberry

22 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I mean honestly I would believe it. It's impossible to turn UK into a championship program and at some point in life, making $8mm vs $9mm is probably nothing for these guys

10M/7yr guaranteed, 7M/10yr guaranteed…

Crawfish-crawdad, Jimbo laid out the blueprint

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The Texas-OU rivalry makes both programs better, especially financially.

Star Trek GIF

The Texas-OU rivalry makes OU better, especially financially.

We suck on our own; we rule on our own. We make ourselves as great, or as financially successful, as we can be.

Everyone else, ou included, is just along for the ride.

This is the truth aggy either blissfully ignores or with impotent fury tries to change, only to fall on their faces again, and again, and again, because they are nothing without us to hang on to. They thought they could try; they failed. And no amount of donor billions will ever change that.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Surely that's false? I mean that's what happened *checks notes* 3 months ago with the signing of UT journalism professor, Kathleen McElroy. That whole fiasco was an embarrassment for not only A&M but the entire state in a way (due to the outside interference, no CR). Surely they wouldn't be so foolish as to repeat that mistake?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but what's just as bad is that I can't tell if I am either....

Can't recall who said it earlier, but agree that Bjork is likely gone. He came on during the Young (President) era and IIRC the BOR hired Young for fundraising but the  rabid faithful did not like him. So Bjork was already drinking from a poisoned well and under a microscope.

Castiglione is a great story because he only had four years experience when OU brought him aboard. He hired Bob S quite quick and Stoops had zero head coaching experience. Both men are smart and know when to keep quiet (mostly I'm referring to the AD there) and in the long run, smart hires usually work out better over time. Before someone brings up a certain recently departed head coach, there is smart and there is intelligent. In my opinion, the latter w/o the former is not a good fit in team sports.

i was joking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

No worries, the second to last sentence/paragraph is why they will never change. The poster quoted is simultaneously admitting that's part of they they're frustrated without realizing that's why they'll never get any better. They will keep paying their money without ever demanding actual results. They will be mollified by feeling like they affected the coaching search and then they'll go right back to blind loyalty.

To use a baseball analogy, aggy reminds me of the New York Mets or San Diego Padres of late.  They spent a shit ton of money on big names with subpar results.  They thought they could just outspend everyone else and buy a championship.  But smart people will tell you it doesn't really work that way.  Yes, you have to spend some money to bring in quality people, but there is also a process involved in building champions.  You can't just bring in a collection of prima donnas and expect it to just magically work out.  There has to be quality leadership, a scheme that yields results, and players that buy in to the process.

That's the one thing that has impressed me so far with Sark's tenure.  He seems to have a quality process in place to get Texas to where we all know it can be.  Only time will tell if it pans out, but the trajectory is great so far.

aggy has not come to this realization yet, much to our grand amusement.  Not sure if they ever will.

• Hook 'Em 2