• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They will swear that all great scientists have declared that the marching they do is scientifically impossible

This from the same engineering giants who put “sound funnels” into their new and improved Frankenkyle Tacklebox on the Brazos so they could “safely” play Sandstorm on gameday. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I’m 50+ and have attended aggy home games over the decades, some involving Texas, and others like LSU and Arkansas, prior to Jerry World. As a military veteran, they do provide “pageantry” because their military-based music hasn’t changed since before my time. I do enjoy their halftime show of military marching, as that’s difficult to do, but decades ago I realized that not all members were actually playing their instruments, just a body to help fill the field/band.

The music, even though it’s to my liking, reeks of “stolen valor” as aggy isn’t a military academy. They sure as hell would like to link their aggy hive-mind to that, but it just isn’t!

The real military academies play this Saturday, on a National stage. Those are real future service members on both sides, as all have actually decided to be an officer in their services. No “cosplay” in Boston this Saturday!

Hook’em!!!

P.S. - Go Army, beat Navy!!! Sing 2nd Cadets!!!

Yep, as a erstwhile colleague who was a West-Point-ring-knocker (evidently their jargon for West Point graduates) said to me, aggy isn't military-anything, "They're just another ROTC," just like everyone else who has ROTC (including Texas, Rice, etc.).  Lulz.

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Yep, as a erstwhile colleague who was a West-Point-ring-knocker (evidently their jargon for West Point graduates) said to me, aggy isn't military-anything, "They're just another ROTC," just like everyone else who has ROTC (including Texas, Rice, etc.).  Lulz.

My cousin is pretty high up in Army brass -- he's a Colonel who is a West Point grad and Ranger and who has commanded battalions as well as been assistant AD for Army athletics.  I asked him about A&M and he just snorted.  He had much more praise for the Citadel (which makes sense).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Until WWII, reserve officers (non-academy) were generally regarded with contempt, regardless of their "origin."

Of course, that was utter silliness, as proven by WWII, which could not have been won without reserve officers.

But yeah, reserve officers come from all over the place.  Even 100% military schools like The Citadel and VMI are ROTC programs.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

I watched the aggie self destruction against Kentucky, I think 2012, in Madison Wisconsin before enjoying the Badger curbstomping of Nebraska in their first B1G game. 

I was in a bar with an a&m graduate who shall not be named. 😉 Aggies were up big time, I was housed and said a&m graduate stated they were going to fold. I mistakenly suggested a $20 bet he was wrong. There was simply no way.

So, now you have one guy in a Longhorn shirt and Whisky cap, actively pulling for aggie while standing next to an a&m graduate in an aggie shirt (and whisky hat) hoping they lose.

Did I mention I was with friends that graduated from Whisky and Corn? 

There was a LOT of confusion as to wtf was going on in that bar.

Tldr: epic aggie fail is epic and it was the best $20 I ever lost.

Import edit - I attended the game in the aforementioned attire with 3 Nebraska grads.. who WERE friends. 

I threw up that night - a lot.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Oh, and during reconstruction, a contractor drove a Bobcat off the upper deck of the stadium. Not sure where his memorial is. Whoop!

Lindamood Demolition Inc. and Texas Cutting & Coring were both cited by the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration for a total of five violations, including two willful, following the death of a skid-steer loader operator during the redevelopment of Kyle Field Stadium at Texas A&M University.

OSHA's December 2013 investigation found that the Lindamood employee was operating a skid-steer loader to support a 3,340-pound concrete stub while a Texas Cutting & Coring employee used a circular saw to cut the stub from its support column. The stub caused the skid-steer to be overloaded, and it tipped over a ramp wall, falling more than 70 feet to the ground. The loader operator was ejected from the skid-steer when the machine struck a horizontal beam during its fall. The employee died when he fell four stories to the ground.

• Rage+1 4

On 12/5/2023 at 5:58 PM, Huckleberry said:

In 2018 Texas A&M declined to schedule Texas in non-conference games for 2022 and 2023 because their schedule was full. They chose to play (lose to) Appalachian State and Louisiana-Monroe instead of playing Texas. Texas instead scheduled Alabama. Texas beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa in 2023 which is the reason Texas is in the playoff. Texas A&M's cowardice (and pathological need to make every decision based on how it would affect Texas and public perception that they're UT's little brother) is why Texas made the College Football Playoff.

In 2021 Texas A&M leaked the news that Texas and Oklahoma were going to join the SEC in an effort to sabotage the move. They thought that they had enough stroke to prevent the move by making it public and reminding the world of the so-called gentlemen's agreement. They leaked this before the various conference commissioners met to vote on the start of the 12-team playoff. Alarmed by this move that further shifted the power between conferences, the Big 10, Pac-12, and ACC formed an alliance and voted against starting the 12-team playoff in 2023. It would later be approved to start in 2024. Texas A&M's cowardice (and pathological need to make every decision based on how it would affect Texas and public perception that they're UT's little brother) is why Florida State (and Georgia, and Ohio State, etc.) did not make the College Football Playoff.

Literally everything they're complaining about is their fault.

@aggypedia this is canon

"aggy determines the participants of the 2023 college football playoff"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, speed817 said:

I'm praying for that sheep.

12 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Texags seems to carry a lot of weight around the program.  And I'm not saying this in a good way.  It's the head of the psychotic snake

They do carry a lot of weight. Look at their advertisers and their ties to the 12th Man Foundation.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, what?

"This from the same engineering giants who put “sound funnels” into their new and improved Frankenkyle Tacklebox on the Brazos so they could “safely” play Sandstorm on gameday."

Yeah, right.  The organ solo from "Jump" would flatten that shithole stadium to ground level.

Edited by AnTiM
  • Haha 2

I love that they have all taken to believing that the aggies have some magic $734M slush fund to pay for football shit because one person said it once. Meanwhile their AD is out talking about how they have to cut expenses on travel and assistant coaching staff while speaking on national radio shows in the middle of their coaching search for a bargain basement coach.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3