• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

If you had an older sister, Gilmour > Sears >>>> Redbook >>> Seventeen.

What the fuck was "Gilmour" magazine?  

I love the John Mulaney bit about stealing a copy of his sister's Cosmo magazine and some cigarettes when she was in high school and he was in junior high.  And his mom found it under his bed in a shoebox like "I found your little treasure!", as if he was the world's lamest pirate.  And his dad came home, and the mom told dad what she found and the dad wasn't even mad.  His first remark was, "How the hell does John know how to make a Cosmopolitan?"  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I miss Wide World of Sports. Jim McKay was great. Each Saturday you might get an Ali fight, or a demo derby and gymnastics, or barrel jumping and lumberjack competitions.
I miss Wide World of Sports. Jim McKay was great. Each Saturday you might get an Ali fight, or a demo derby and gymnastics, or barrel jumping and lumberjack competitions.

And the Harlem Globetrotters.  Cannot forget the Globetrotters.  Must see TV as a youngster.

image.thumb.png.f2f3598eb9ae662a429c66a2e2f669ce.png

• Hook 'Em 7

On 12/19/2023 at 12:04 PM, YGIFS said:

I know this is kind of a thing, but the Aggies do seem the most obnoxiously brazen about it.  My oldest still talks about being a Vet.  And if she attended A&M to do so, of course we'd visit her, and pay whatever we needed to, and attend games with her.  Of course we would, but that's not some kinda bold flex.  It's just being a decent parent.  But she's already old enough and smart enough to know that's where it ends.  No dad in A&M schwag, no donations to A&M, no 12th man membership, no investing in College Station real estate.  But yes, fully support her academic and athletic endeavors in any way that don't go against my value system.

If my literally retarded sister phoned me up and asked me for a ride to a political rally and some cash to get a ticket inside, I'd do it in a heartbeat and I'd be so proud she's politically engaged.  But I'm waiting in the parking lot and sure as shit ain't buying any merch or donating anything to the moron/maroon cause.  

I had a granddaughter who when she was young thought she wanted to be a vet and mentioned going to aggy. I told her to think that over carefully because if she did, I'd never speak to her again. She didn't and is now studying med.

Yeah I know, I'm an asshole.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

The Montgomery Ward and J.C. Penney catalogs also were very popular as well during that time, too.  I miss them.

Those of us of a certain age entered our pubescence with Sears and JCP catalogs but within just a few fapping years were anxiously awaiting the newest Victoria's Secret catalog. Possibly the greatest leap in fapping until the internet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I went to TexAgs and there's no discussion of the bowl game whatsoever. Just more proof they don't actually care about the games, just talk about how great every coach, player, and recruit is while ignoring the actual game outcomes. When we beat them all over the field they'll just blame the transition or that the game is above them as SEC and they just didn't care. Seems that the case anytime an SEC team gets their butts whipped in a bowl game. "They're too good and didn't want to be there." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2