• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggy never settles for 2nd best.  

... Bjork understands what is at stake. He cannot afford to take his search lightly or settle for an underwhelming candidate.

“This is not an 8-4 job,” Bjork said. “Because of the decision that we made, but also because of the resources and because of the expectations. So does somebody have the wherewithal to deal with that, the weight of that, the magnitude ...

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/longformarticle/texas-am-aggies-athletics-director-ross-bjork-gives-update-on-coaching-search-221001516/#2310744

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

18 hours ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, TreatyOak said:
Well, it's been a hard journey, but I believe I've finally found the perfect quote. Enjoy it now, my friends, because we may never see the likes of it again. 

Tex-Ags-Gold-Farm-Boys.jpg

Some aggy truly are living in the 1930's. Complete with potluck supper after the Sunday meetin and Klan Rallies after big football games on Saturday.

Hey now…easy on potluck supper

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posting it again for the Football board masses

OK more info on the Wakeyleaks scandal, Bateman was punished by Army for it after they investigated and found he accepted "non-public information and took actions to conceal the information and its source."
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18638227/army-black-knights-suspend-fine-jay-bateman-wrongdoing-related-wake-forest-scandal

The plays were O only I think, but the DC of Wake Forest at the time was.... Mike Elko his former boss at Richmond (not FC)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, linux said:

Posting it again for the Football board masses

OK more info on the Wakeyleaks scandal, Bateman was punished by Army for it after they investigated and found he accepted "non-public information and took actions to conceal the information and its source."
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18638227/army-black-knights-suspend-fine-jay-bateman-wrongdoing-related-wake-forest-scandal

The plays were O only I think, but the DC of Wake Forest at the time was.... Mike Elko his former boss at Richmond (not FC)

IMG_2591.thumb.jpeg.77c70aaac80aa2fd2426235ff8695785.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 12/15/2023 at 8:19 PM, Updawg said:

I’m scared as well. They found the secret formula of winning nattys. No stopping that sleeping giant now09038f9a79ef9cdb088fd512ebde1bdf.jpg

I asked Chat GPT "Please list the key factors to win an SEC championship and a national championship in the CFP era":

Spoiler

ChatGPT
ChatGPT

Winning an SEC (Southeastern Conference) championship and a national championship in the College Football Playoff (CFP) era involves a set of unique challenges and considerations. The SEC is known for its competitiveness, and the CFP format introduces additional layers to the championship pursuit. Here are key factors for success in both endeavors:

Key Factors to Win an SEC Championship:

1. Tough Schedule Management:

• Navigate a challenging regular-season schedule within the SEC, facing tough conference opponents.
  2. Recruitment of Elite Talent:

• Attract and recruit top-tier talent, as the SEC is highly competitive, and success often depends on having elite players at key positions.
  3. Dominant Defensive Play:

• Build a strong and physical defense capable of stopping high-powered offenses commonly found in the SEC.
  4. Offensive Balance:

• Develop an offense that can both run the ball effectively and make explosive plays through the air, providing balance against diverse defenses.
  5. Depth and Rotation:

• Establish depth on the roster to endure the physical demands of a grueling SEC schedule and to overcome injuries.
  6. Coaching Excellence:

• Employ a coaching staff with a deep understanding of SEC football, capable of making in-game adjustments and strategic decisions.
  7. Special Teams Excellence:

• Excel in special teams play, including kick and punt returns, coverage, and reliable kicking.
  8. Adaptability:

• Be adaptable to different playing styles encountered within the SEC, as opponents may vary in offensive and defensive schemes.

Key Factors to Win a National Championship in the CFP Era:

1. Impressive Regular Season Record:

• Secure a strong regular-season record, as only four teams make the College Football Playoff, and a high ranking is crucial for selection.
  2. Win Conference Championship:

• Win the SEC Championship or another Power Five conference championship to enhance the team's playoff resume.
  3. Quality Non-Conference Wins:

• Schedule and win non-conference games against strong opponents to demonstrate competitiveness beyond the conference.
  4. Playoff Committee Appeal:

• Present a compelling case to the CFP Selection Committee, showcasing the team's overall strength, including wins against ranked opponents and quality performances.
  5. Health and Peak Performance:

• Ensure the team is healthy and performing at its peak during the playoff games, which often occur several weeks after the end of the regular season.
  6. Game Management and Coaching:

• Execute sound game management and coaching strategies, as playoff games often feature close matchups where decisions can have a significant impact.
  7. Big-Game Experience:

• Have players and coaching staff with experience in high-pressure situations, as the playoff environment is intense and unique.
  8. Mental Toughness:

• Develop mental toughness within the team to handle the pressure and scrutiny associated with playoff competition.
  9. Explosive Playmakers:

• Feature explosive playmakers on both sides of the ball who can make game-changing plays in critical moments.
  10. Adaptability and Versatility:

• Showcase adaptability and versatility in playing different styles of football, as playoff opponents may come from diverse conferences.

Winning a national championship requires excellence on all fronts, from recruiting and coaching to in-game execution and adaptability to the unique challenges posed by the CFP format. The journey often involves a combination of strategic planning, talent management, and a bit of luck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

J. Bateman? His character in Ozark was terrible but Arrested Development still holds up and the podcast is pretty good. Pretty big get for aggy to pull him away from Hollywood.

He's ok. His best work was in Silver Spoons though and that was years ago.

From Batemans wiki:

Bateman and his wife Heather have two children, Bea and C.J.. C.J. was diagnosed with autism in 2016. Bateman cited that one of the reasons he took the North Carolina job was because UNC and Duke are two of the biggest research institutions in the country and hoped to improve the quality of living for his son.

Sorry kid, I'm afraid Dad's gonna cash a few aggy checks in the shithole known as B/CS for a few years. Luck to you.

• Haha 2

The issue was a PFO. It came out of nowhere on September 12, 2022. It has been a bitch. I’ll fill you in sometime.
 https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17326-patent-foramen-ovale-pfo
Thankfully, this wasn’t something that any aggy had any fucking thing to do with the issue. 

Hook ‘em! 

Glad it was diagnosed/treated. Welcome back!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Shit man, glad you/they caught it in time.  Hope you're feeling better and can enjoy the holidays with loved ones.  

While wonderfully cathartic, don't spend too much time laughing at Aggies.  They can also cause great stress to normal humans this time of year.  Luckily, normal humans doesn't really apply to Surly either.  But continue to get better man, hook 'em! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The issue was a PFO. It came out of nowhere on September 12, 2022. It has been a bitch. I’ll fill you in sometime.
Thankfully, this wasn’t something that any aggy had any fucking thing to do with the issue. 

Hook ‘em! 

As unlikely as it is, I hope you don’t have an Aggie heart doctor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Hook ‘em! 

pulling for your recovery RD!

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Hook ‘em! 

I have Cigars and Whisk(e)y night every Wednesday night with 5 aggy (what can I say? It’s a tiny town, and I seldom buy-). Your posts to this thread have provided endless entertainment and useful knowledge; hell, they never know why I’m laughing.  Onward to full recovery, get well soon!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1