• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3438030

I present one of the dumbest takes in sports history

Unpopular opinion re: Bama

They're not that great a program, it's not a destination job, and with Saban leaving they will fall into relative mediocrity for the next decade.

Pre-NIL, Saban could have taken a lot of programs to the success he has brought Bama. He was arguably on his way at LSU before bolting to the NFL. He just so happened to land at a school in Bama who had historically been great a few generations before he got there, but if he had ended up at Georgia or Tennessee or Texas or even here he could have replicated the success he's had for the past 16 years.

Now Bama has to compete with everyone else having the same advantages and opportunities that they do, and without their legendary coach. Meanwhile, Smart has Georgia on their way to becoming the next dynasty and they've already shown they can adapt to the new landscape in college football.

I think Bama's run at the top is over, and the rise of the next era of college greatness will be achieved by schools who have not traditionally been the blue bloods and perennial favorites.

The program Bear Bryant went to after aggy isn't a destination job?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Twizzler said:

Maybe I'm not paying attention but I don't find Dan Cambell that aggie, and am impressed by what he's done in detroit.  

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

This. He doesn’t seem aggy to me. Do they even claim him?

He is about as aggie as they come:

"I'm so glad I go to a University where the men like women and the women like men." Dan Campbell, Bonfire, 1998

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

"I'm so glad I go to a University where the men like women and the women like men." Dan Campbell, Bonfire, 1998

He must have been confused. That doesn't sound like aggy. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Twizzler said:

Maybe I'm not paying attention but I don't find Dan Cambell that aggie, and am impressed by what he's done in detroit.  

What every player on the Lions thought yesterday of their corch spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 1/26/2024 at 4:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

Sources: Texas A&M continues filling out offensive staff

Texas A&M has hired three offensive analysts, all with previous ties to Collin Klein.

ZACH BARNETT        6 HOURS AGO

Texas A&M head coach Mike Elko continues filling out his first staff with three additions to the offensive support staff, all of whom have previous ties to coordinator Collin Klein.

Josh Buford will join as an analyst working with quarterbacks. A former Kansas City area high school coach, Buford spent 2021 as a defensive analyst at Hawai'i before coming to K-State in 2022. He helped the Wildcats win the Big 12 in 2022 and served as the quarterbacks coach for K-State's Pop-Tarts Bowl win over NC State.

Christian Ellsworth will come over as an analyst working with tight ends after doing the same at Nebraska in 2023. A Northern Iowa quarterback from 2016-19, he spent 2020-21 as a GA at K-State and 2022 as a GA at South Carolina.

Finally, Justin Joyce will work with wide receivers, coming over from a GA stint at Mississippi State. He was a GA at K-State in 2022 and previously served as the quarterbacks coach at Walsh University. 

Sources: Mike Elko, Texas A&M adding former SEC offensive coordinator to Aggies staff

Joey Lynch arrives in College Station after running the offense at Vanderbilt

JOHN BRICE        1 HOUR AGO

Joey Lynch, a former Ball State quarterback with offensive coordinator experience at three different Football Bowls Subdivision programs, is staying in the Southeastern Conference, sources tell FootballScoop Monday.

Vanderbilt's offensive coordinator the past two years and with three years on the Commodores staff of Clark Lea, Lynch is joining Mike Elko's Texas A&M program as a senior offensive analyst.

He'll work under new Aggies offensive coordinator Collin Klein, the former star Kansas State quarterback and play-caller entering his first season with the Aggies after being hired away from his alma mater by Elko.

In addition to his past three seasons at Vanderbilt, Lynch also owns offensive coordinator knowledge from his time running the show at Colorado State, as well as ascending to play-caller and assistant head coach at his alma mater.

Just 40 years old, Lynch already boasts some 15 years' experience as a collegiate assistant coach.

The Aggies are rebuilding under Elko & Co. after firing Jimbo Fisher late last season amidst disappointing results, locker room dysfunction and a woeful offensive unit.

Texas A&M opens its 2024 season Aug. 31 when it hosts Notre Dame, a 10-game winner last fall under second-year coach Marcus Freeman.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Twizzler said:

Did you completely miss that stunt he pulled with the 2-point conversion attempts in the Cowboys game?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Sources: Mike Elko, Texas A&M adding former SEC offensive coordinator to Aggies staff

Joey Lynch, a former Ball State quarterback with offensive coordinator experience at three different Football Bowls Subdivision programs, is staying in the Southeastern Conference, sources tell FootballScoop Monday.

Vanderbilt's offensive coordinator the past two years and with three years on the Commodores staff of Clark Lea, Lynch is joining Mike Elko's Texas A&M program as a senior offensive analyst.

He'll work under new Aggies offensive coordinator Collin Klein, the former star Kansas State quarterback and play-caller entering his first season with the Aggies after being hired away from his alma mater by Elko.

In addition to his past three seasons at Vanderbilt, Lynch also owns offensive coordinator knowledge from his time running the show at Colorado State, as well as ascending to play-caller and assistant head coach at his alma mater.

Just 40 years old, Lynch already boasts some 15 years' experience as a collegiate assistant coach.

The Aggies are rebuilding under Elko & Co. after firing Jimbo Fisher late last season amidst disappointing results, locker room dysfunction and a woeful offensive unit.

Texas A&M opens its 2024 season Aug. 31 when it hosts Notre Dame, a 10-game winner last fall under second-year coach Marcus Freeman.

No fucking way they get a guy from that powerhouse 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

image.jpeg.de984fb063ddae1722bee03b31121995.jpeg

This is funny, and probably accurate for some of those Dallas-area aggy.  But won't someone think of the poor sheep?  Every day one of them gets shamelessly abused.  

Edited by TOR

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Did you completely miss that stunt he pulled with the 2-point conversion attempts in the Cowboys game?

Not to defend the stupid aggy or anything but the first one actually worked. He should've cut his losses and kicked the PAT after the first one was waived off.

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

The Detroit DC is aggy too. Chokers.

Kept playing man and Purdy took off running, guess they are even worse in zone. You know Kyle told Purdy if he sees that, drag that piano for 15. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This board would absolutely lose their minds. I guess if gomer can get through a season using only three QBs, that's a marked improvement. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Their coaching staff seems to be put together from all over the country from weird spots. As in coaching trees do not exist on this staff for the most part.

For the next two months they will all be saying “what’s that coaches name again?”

Only the best that the BDF, ACC, and Vandy have to offer. 

• Haha 1

Guys, this is going to be serious post for a change. 

I'm really, really scared of Texas A&M. 

We already could never hope to compete with their traditions. 

And now, there's something different brewin' in Aggieland. 
You can't put your finger on it.
But you can feel it. 
Maybe it's the new attitude. 
Maybe it's the fact that the Station finally has the Elk. That's right. The Elk. 
Maybe it's the fact that they've won championships with hardworking farm boys from small towns and they can do it again. 

Tex-Ags-Gold-Farm-Boys.jpg 

There's a storm coming, and it's an EF Category 5 mix of Good Bull and Whoop!  
And we're on the receiving end of it. 

Help me with this. 

• Haha 9

27 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Bjork must have offered him this piece of highly classified intel before leaving town. If only their previous staff brought in the highest rated class of all time or something.

IMG_3622.thumb.jpeg.d92890594a9fb46bca4b569d37bbd26a.jpeg

Of course you haver to get the best players Billy Boy. It's just that the best players aggy has to offer aren't that good. 

13 hours ago, markstanco said:

Their coaching staff seems to be put together from all over the country from weird spots. As in coaching trees do not exist on this staff for the most part.

For the next two months they will all be saying “what’s that coaches name again?”

Hey, Page 1400 runs both ways.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Get your licks in now. 

When your entire customer base is brainless rubes, it must be the easiest fucking job in the world, because you can literally just re-use all your same material after every coaching hire, regardless of sport.  CTRL-R, Jimbo --> Elko.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Get your licks in now. 

More proof that Liucci is just a total mark. Basing your opinions on what kids say when they are leaving campus after a visit is about the stupidest thing you could do. They are always going to say nice things to the local media, especially when those media guys are asking a bunch of leading questions like the aggy reporters do.