Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

23 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Remember the aggy journalism bru haha hiring and firing scandal…?   Well…

Texas A&M hires new journalism faculty members…

https://tinyurl.com/287rtc8d

Texas A&M University will double its full-time journalism faculty ahead of the fall semester, forging ahead after a hiring scandal tainted the program’s much-anticipated revival and raised major concerns about recruitment at the institution.

Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner of CNN and Paul O’Donnell of The Dallas Morning News will join the journalism program as professors of practice, A&M officials confirmed.

Oh boy. Once words gets out aggy hired the fake news media, I know a couple of people who will be getting that $1M bonus before signing on to a gig somewhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Replies 72.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 4/29/2024 at 2:24 PM, Carl Spackler said:

Who the fuck are the Elks?

On 4/29/2024 at 2:33 PM, Lhorn said:

Never heard of the Elks ... 

Used to be Esquimaux Eskimos before it was racist.

Being Elk Brothers just doesn't seem the same...

• Haha 2

Oh boy. Once words gets out aggy hired the fake news media, I know a couple of people who will be getting that $1M bonus before signing on to a gig somewhere else. 

And one of them is Hispanic

This won’t go well
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Seems to me that Saban would have the connections and resources to have a blackmailer found and supremely fucked up.

Seems to ne that he would've already done that to the dude fucking his married daughter.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:34 PM, Steel Shank said:

Seems to me that Saban would have the connections and resources to have a blackmailer found and supremely fucked up.

Either the dude made it up or Saban’s daughter is a psycho and is the one “blackmailing” him for dumping her 

To be fair I’d vote to go to Nola for a week around new years over Dallas 
Can you imagine how bad Louisiana roads were back in the 30's? Hell, they probably had highway bandits back then.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Blotto said:

That's cute. Didn't we sign a 15 year $250M deal with Nike like 10 years ago?

Yes. Aggy has almost caught up. Whoop!

What's more remarkable about the UT deal is that we signed it right in the middle of our Chuckles doldrums.

The UT System Board of Regents approved a new 15-year licensing and apparel agreement with Nike worth $250 million. School officials said it's the biggest contract ever signed between a school and an apparel company. 

Edited by SimkinsMan

42 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

What's more remarkable about the UT deal is that we signed it right in the middle of our Chuckles doldrums.

I'm no mathematician but I believe if you extrapolated the aggy deal to 15 years the difference is $109 million, or approximately 1.5 Jimbo buyouts. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

What’s funny is that they’re not even close with a new deal against the old Texas/Nike deal. They went with a shorter term deal to match up with when Texas inks its next one. They somehow think that they should get comparable money to whatever the next Texas/Nike is from Adidas at that time. 

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Boy, that cannot be viewed as a good deal for Adidas at this point. Louisville has truly sucked in basketball since inking that deal and the football team hasn’t even been visible for stretches during the same period. 

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What’s funny is that they’re not even close with a new deal against the old Texas/Nike deal. They went with a shorter term deal to match up with when Texas inks its next one. They somehow think that they should get comparable money to whatever the next Texas/Nike is from Adidas at that time. 

Boy, that cannot be viewed as a good deal for Adidas at this point. Louisville has truly sucked in basketball since inking that deal and the football team hasn’t even been visible for stretches during the same period. 

Wow. They’re not “little brother”. Trying to sync their next contract’s timing with Texas’ is like my little sister- just looking for reasons to be aggrieved. 

It would not shock me if our deal with Nike were renegotiated soon, and for a lot more per year.  "We're happy to ride it out, but we'll be shopping in 6 years.  Or, we can talk.  It's up to you, Nike."

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It would not shock me if our deal with Nike were renegotiated soon, and for a lot more per year.  "We're happy to ride it out, but we'll be shopping in 6 years.  Or, we can talk.  It's up to you, Nike."

image.thumb.jpeg.a28078f338874984e3b3b1d144d4dabe.jpeg

Nike sucks let them have Oregon 

New balance may also be made by kids in sweatshops but at least they aren’t this -

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:53 AM, Crapinon said:

Since it's aggy related... An random aggy Instagram man-whore claims to have had an affair with Nick Saban's married daughter, Kristen. Said he's being blackmailed by some random person who has questionable sourced pics of them hugging each other, while he's wearing a t-shirt with Saban wearing a crown. WTH and who cares?  

Lane did it too 

image.thumb.png.c87c55b191bce0477cddb44a44273979.png