• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, nnm said:

My dad was a 1950s TCU grad, BMOC at the time.  TCU won their last MNC when he was 5 years old.  They had some salty teams when he was there in the 50s, and entered the desert in the 60s-90s.  They got close in 2010 and 2014, but couldn't get over the hump.  He passed away from Alzheimer's last year.  I want them to win for many reasons, not least because of my dad.  

CSB: A cousin of my mother’s was Norm Bulaich, who played at TCU in the ‘60s (then for the Colts and Dolphins). I remember him showing me his super bowl ring when I was at his house as a kid. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

The articles do say he went for Garrett Riley first…guessing that was a hard no. Lol. Though at least Dumbo realizes as HC he needs an OC. Interesting choice. Very aggy. Still…at least Dumbo gets he shouldn’t be the primary OC anymore…5-7 will tend to take that decision away from you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Can Evil Kneival still coach offense though?

Stats are from stats.ncaa.org

At Missouri State (FBS):

2020 - #82
2021 - no stats available
2022: #65

What we have here folks is a 61 year old sleeping giant that is about to break out of his shell.  Going from #82 to #65 in a span of 2 years is no joke.  This guy defines a P5 secsecsec Offensive Coordinator.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

image.png.7bf8b967deb0903bab426528f51ddbcd.png

I love that so many Aggies still think they're a top program that has Urban on speed dial because he's anxious to go from Florida to Ohio State to fucking Texas A&M.

As for disgraced former head coaches, Petrino is a poor man's Meyer. It's as good as the Aggies could get.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

CSB: A cousin of my mother’s was Norm Bulaich, who played at TCU in the ‘60s (then for the Colts and Dolphins). I remember him showing me his super bowl ring when I was at his house as a kid. 

Now there's a player I hadn't thought about or heard mentioned for years. Darned good player.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The articles do say he went for Garrett Riley first...

In the same way young boys in the 80's went for Farrah Fawcett because they had her poster.

No coordinator worth his salt would take a job as Jimbo's OC, especially not a rising star like Garrett Riley.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

In the same way young boys in the 80's went for Farrah Fawcett because they had her poster.

No coordinator worth his salt would take a job as Jimbo's OC, especially not a rising star like Garrett Riley.

Sounds very familiar from 7 years ago with Sterlin. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, futureman said:

is Petrino’s offense antiquated like Jimbo’s or is it innovative?  I thought Petrino was supposed to be a pretty good offensive mind. 

Oh, they're a pair of fossils that the game has completely passed by.  But they're willing to cheat to try to make up for it.  They're kind of a microcosm of aggy football, now that I think about it.  This is some sort of fucked up Devil's Threesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

The articles do say he went for Garrett Riley first…guessing that was a hard no. Lol. Though at least Dumbo realizes as HC he needs an OC. Interesting choice. Very aggy. Still…at least Dumbo gets he shouldn’t be the primary OC anymore…5-7 will tend to take that decision away from you.

There's no way in hell he's a fan of hiring an OC that will have any real input. Jimbo will never admit that he's part of the problem ...can't find that hilarious meme of all his excuses...somebody help here please. We didn't execute, we didn't get the call etc etc

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Based on the insiders he was forced to give up play calling duties and go out and hire the best OC he could find. The only guy that did not turn him down was Petrino.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

There's no way in hell he's a fan of hiring an OC that will have any real input. Jimbo will never admit that he's part of the problem ...can't find that hilarious meme of all his excuses...somebody help here please. We didn't execute, we didn't get the call etc etc

It'll be like an old married couple who sleeps in different bedrooms. Jimbo will stay in his bed and Petrino will stay in his bed...with Candi.

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Based on the insiders he was forced to give up play calling duties and go out and hire the best OC he could find. The only guy that did not turn him down was Petrino.

I’m trying to imagine Jimbo sitting in his expensive office or maybe he’s at his expensive ranch dialing up candidates to be his OC. First call was Garrett Riley (if the rumors are true): “Hi! This is Jimbo Fisher. I’ve got a deal for you! How’d ya like to come to College Station and our world class facilities and be my wingman?

……”Hello? Garrett are you there? Hello?” 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1