Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

He might do better in the NFL, actually.  He wouldn't have to recruit, which outside of skill guys on offense, he's terrible at.  Also, from a personality standpoint, he's more "all business" and not the feel good college guy.  

His real weakness, though, is strength and conditioning.  Both his OU and SC teams are complete pillow fighters to the point that it took Vendables a calendar year to get them back to average.  It doesn't matter what DC he has or the scheme as long as guys are blown off the LOS and can't tackle.  In the NFL, those are grown men who take S&C more seriously.  

14 hours ago, GenXer said:

It is oddly remote, and the south side of the peninsula is oddly sparsely populated. 

The sparsely populated areas are due to the many geologically unstable areas....four houses slid into a ravine awhile back. The best lobster that I ever had was taken off of the PV peninsula.

3 hours ago, MrBig said:

The house is much closer to SoFi and the new Chargers practice facility in El Segundo. Very interesting location choice considering the commute to USC is a bitch from PV.

In his defense, I'd want to live about as far as possible from South Central LA too.

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He might do better in the NFL, actually.  He wouldn't have to recruit, which outside of skill guys on offense, he's terrible at.  Also, from a personality standpoint, he's more "all business" and not the feel good college guy.  

His real weakness, though, is strength and conditioning.  Both his OU and SC teams are complete pillow fighters to the point that it took Vendables a calendar year to get them back to average.  It doesn't matter what DC he has or the scheme as long as guys are blown off the LOS and can't tackle.  In the NFL, those are grown men who take S&C more seriously.  

His teams are break dancers. When an argument breaks out, there's certain people that take things outside and settle it with fisticuffs. Then there are other people who get in an argument and wanna settle it with a dance-off.

Lincoln's teams like to break out the cardboard. They like to pop lock and drop it. Nothing wrong with having some cool dance moves. But they've no clue what to do when actually punched in the mouth.

On 11/20/2023 at 9:42 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://coacheshotseat.com/

1.  Lincoln Riley, USC – One would think in Lincoln Riley’s 26 th game as the Head Coach of the Mighty USC Trojans that the USC program would be ROLLING and we mean whipping the Hell outta folks but actually in that 26 th game against cross-town rival UCLA Riley’s team…

Didn’t even show-up and didn’t seem to ever care that there was a football game on Saturday!

How in Hell exactly can your ass be making over $10M a year and you cannot get your football team ready and motivated to play your biggest rival UCLA?

That’s Is Lincoln Riley’s Only Damn Job and Riley has Totally Failed in his Only Damn Job and if we were the AD at USC we would have fired Riley’s ass on the field right after the game and when it comes to Worthless Arrogant Bastards like Riley who hasn’t worked…

1 Damn Day of his Life in the Real World

…if the Boy is not getting his ass kissed by everyone 24/7 365….think the Dabo Swinney of the West Coast…then in our opinion USC is not going to get…

Damn Anything from Riley from here on out so you might as well run his ass now…or run it one year from today!

In his last 14 games at USC Lincoln Riley is…

7 – 7

…and the Trojans could have easily lost to…

Colorado
Arizona
California

…this season and be looking at a Losing Record in Riley’s second year on the job when many had the Trojans going undefeated in Year 2 of the Riley regime!

Everyone with a 2+ IQ knew that after the 2022 season that USC had to fix their Defense and what does Riley do to address that issue?

Not One Damn Thing leaving Alex Grinch in charge who he had to fire during the season to at least show his ass was doing something but this goes much deeper than just the USC Defense being a Total Disaster because the Trojans Football Team…

Did Not Give 1 Damn Rip about playing against UCLA on Saturday

…and for that Riley’s ass should have already been fired and given 30 minutes to get everything cleared-out and off the USC campus!

We wrote and said and Tweeted and told anyone that would listen for years that Clay Helton was a Total Disaster and was going to Destroy USC Football if allowed to hang around coaching the Trojans but after his first full 2 seasons on the job as the Head Coach at USC Helton’s record was..

21 – 6

Lincoln Riley’s record after 2 seasons with a bowl game left…

18 – 8

In Year 3 Clay Helton went 5 – 7 and Clay had a Helluva Lot More coming back to play for the Trojans in Year 3 than what Riley has coming back in 2024 and…wait for it…

USC is headed into the Big Ten Conference!

USC’s 2024 Football Schedule >

LSU – Las Vegas
Utah State
At Michigan
Wisconsin
At Minnesota
Penn State
At Maryland
Rutgers
At Washington
Nebraska
At UCLA
Notre Dame

How many games you think the USC is gonna win next season realizing now that…

The USC Football Team has already Totally Quit on Lincoln Riley in 2023!

Got another 5, 6, or 7 win season?

That is why Lincoln Riley should be fired TODAY before this gets worse….a Helluva Lot Worse!

Damn. What's...

• Haha 2

Caleb Williams is supremely talented but is also a bratty little shit. I would guess that attitude permeates through the rest of the roster. Add in Lincoln's aversion to building any kind of defense and you get 7-5 with that schedule. Trojans will probably lose the bowl game without Caleb playing and finish 7-6. Woof.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/4/2023 at 12:04 PM, Constant said:

With this bit of news, Williams’ only bowl victory came with head coach Bob Stoops. 

What is the deal with Stoops? I thought his XFL stint was a way of getting his name out there again, for a HC job (NFL? College blue blood?), but I never see it mentioned. 

22 minutes ago, statsman said:

What is the deal with Stoops? I thought his XFL stint was a way of getting his name out there again, for a HC job (NFL? College blue blood?), but I never see it mentioned. 

I think he was fucking around in semi-retirement.  He's got a bunch of side businesses, they have a tequila brand now, etc

30 minutes ago, statsman said:

My understanding was always that he retired early as a heart health decision. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, LateAughtsHorn said:

My understanding was always that he retired early as a  health decision

ahh yes, the Urban Meyer, i'm 'bout to have a heart attack here in Florida route

SURPRISE HELLO OSU!!!!, and then

SURPRISE HELLO JACKSONVILLE & HOT FLORIDA COLLEGE CO-ED'S ON MY LAP!!!!!

3 hours ago, statsman said:

He retired rich.  (He's prolly worth +$100M.)

His health is fine but he said he didn't want to be like his father who died in his 50's while coaching or something.  Also has some side hustles but mostly just has a nice life.

5 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I think he was fucking around in semi-retirement.  He's got a bunch of side businesses, they have a tequila brand now, etc

“Hi, I’m Bob Stoops. You may remember me as being a particularly joyless guy, and for sucking the joy out of a game for all my players. Party, Stoops-style with Stoops Tequila. Nothing goes better with a big bag of dicks!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, statsman said:

Does that even make sense? Why couldn’t he win Bedlam, and take the USC job? Because of the hit to his rep? It wouldn’t be any worse than the hit to his rep if he were found to have tanked a game. 

Because they would have made a playoff run. They would have dumpstered Baylor and gone to the CFP. 

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

Because they would have made a playoff run. They would have dumpstered Baylor and gone to the CFP. 

Again, how does it make sense that he didn’t want to take the reputation risk of bailing on a CFP team (NCAA basketball coaches do it all the time), so he took the much worse reputation risk of throwing a game?

That is one hell of an accusation. 

I know that the state of Oklahoma first got so invested in the football program as a reaction to the dust bowl and the resulting feelings of inferiority. What the Lincoln Riley exit shows is how sensitive they still are to being rejected for something better. It’s not a good look. 

Edited by statsman
  • Drool 1