Brian Kelly to L$U

Fug

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Like me, you’re a random anonymous poster on a message board.  Tom hicks was a bmd who is willing to provide details and put his name next to it   Now Tom could be making it up to impress a  random journalist but I have no reason to think he’s lying 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-mack-brown-tom-hicks-texas-regent/amp/

I don't know. Saban seems like kind of a jerk. Would he be a good fit for us?

We like nice guys.

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Like me, you’re a random anonymous poster on a message board.  Tom hicks was a bmd who is willing to provide details and put his name next to it   Now Tom could be making it up to impress a  random journalist but I have no reason to think he’s lying 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-mack-brown-tom-hicks-texas-regent/amp/

Yeah, the guy who really wanted Saban is totally telling the truth about all that and not spinning the fact he got played. Not even counting <waves arms all around every Texas coaching search > BMDs showing their ass in the reg.

I'll say it again, Saban's bright red line is total control and zero booster involvement.

Also, lol.

"We had a call from his agent… and he said, ‘If Saban was a business guy, he’s what you would call a turnaround artist. He’s not a longterm CEO. He likes to go someplace, fix it, win and go on. He knows he will never catch Bear Bryant’s legacy in Alabama, but he’d like to create his legacy that he won more national championships at more schools than anybody else. He’s already done it at LSU, he’s already done it at Alabama, and he knows he can win a national championship at Texas; he knows he can.’"

-Tom Hicks

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Yeah, the guy who really wanted Saban is totally telling the truth about all that and not spinning the fact he got played. Not even counting <waves arms all around every Texas coaching search > BMDs showing their ass in the reg.

I'll say it again, Saban's bright red line is total control and zero booster involvement.

Also, lol.

"We had a call from his agent… and he said, ‘If Saban was a business guy, he’s what you would call a turnaround artist. He’s not a longterm CEO. He likes to go someplace, fix it, win and go on. He knows he will never catch Bear Bryant’s legacy in Alabama, but he’d like to create his legacy that he won more national championships at more schools than anybody else. He’s already done it at LSU, he’s already done it at Alabama, and he knows he can win a national championship at Texas; he knows he can.’"

-Tom Hicks

Yes. The only way to save face is to tell everyone you got pumped by Mack.  I think it made us look like pussies.   If hicks wanted to save face he would’ve said it never happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yes. The only way to save face is to tell everyone you got pumped by Mack.  I think it made us look like pussies.   If hicks wanted to save face he would’ve said it never happened. 

I'm still trying to figure out why Mack needed to "approve" his replacement or anything else for that matter. Fuck him

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Mack needed to "approve" his replacement or anything else for that matter. Fuck him

I don't know all the other reasons, but he didn't want Saban to take Mack's players, teach them how to play, and win MNCs with them to show the world how incompetent and impotent orange-slices-for-errrrbody Mack became, and in doing so, let Saban have a "fast track" to winning MNCs at 3 different schools which also would hurt Crack's fragile ego.

So in whatever ways he did it, Mack "poisoned the well" to make *sure* that Saban didn't come to Texas immediately after him.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

When they filed Animal House in Eugene in the 1970s, the black actors reportedly had to be bussed in under armed guard from Portland, as it was not safe for them to stay in Eugene back then.  Eugene has changed quite a bit since then, but a lot of the more outlying parts of Oregon haven't.

To be fair, nobody likes their dates stolen.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If LSU had all those deep pockets their total endowment wouldn’t be the value of an up size #4 at Whataburger.

No shit. Their endowment is what I would expect from some small liberal arts school in the Midwest. 

Also this article screams deep pockets 

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/article_357fbffc-5779-5f38-8972-42e3949b0e4b.html

State Treasurer John Kennedy said LSU's problems with finding investors for the university's building projects is a concern.

Investors pulled back from funding for LSU construction projects after hearing the school is drafting paperwork for financial exigency, essentially academic bankruptcy.

Louisiana's flagship university announced Friday (April 24) it would not issue $114.5 million worth of bonds, meaning that construction of a new residential hall, family housing and a student health center have been put on hold.

"Under the current circumstances and due to the continued unpredictably of our state budget, we believe this is the responsible thing to do, and we will reevaluate the offering once the state's financial picture becomes clearer," said LSU in a prepared statement.

I have no doubt the LSU athletic department makes money, but let's not overhype the financial footing of the university in general. When investors balk at buying bonds, there's usually reasons beyond the damn librul govnuh. 

1 hour ago, Robert McCoin said:

LSU is not now and never was in any financial difficulty. Louisiana’s idiot Governor was using LSU’s State Funding as a hypothetical situation to attempt to get his Liberal funding agenda though the State Legislature. Truth is that LSU receives only 13% of its’ annual funding from the State. The rest is from Private and self generated sources. Regarding Athletics, LSU’s Athletic Department is 100% self generated and by State Law cannot use any money provided by the State for Athletics. As a matter of fact, LSU Athletics contributes 10 million dollars a year back to the Academic side.

LSU has plenty of money and deep pockets.

I rarely neg, but going CR on a sports board for your first post, that'll do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Robert McCoin said:

LSU is not now and never was in any financial difficulty. Louisiana’s idiot Governor was using LSU’s State Funding as a hypothetical situation to attempt to get his Liberal funding agenda though the State Legislature. Truth is that LSU receives only 13% of its’ annual funding from the State. The rest is from Private and self generated sources. Regarding Athletics, LSU’s Athletic Department is 100% self generated and by State Law cannot use any money provided by the State for Athletics. As a matter of fact, LSU Athletics contributes 10 million dollars a year back to the Academic side.

I sort of hate to send up the @RandolphDuke bat signal, but can this be true?  LSU athletics “gives back” $10,000,000 to the academic side each year?

13 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Imma go Coach O on this one. Kelly strikes me as the sort of redass pussy who'd scream and yell and act all tough, then run away crying immediately after taking the first punch to the chin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Imma go Coach O on this one. Kelly strikes me as the sort of redass pussy who'd scream and yell and act all tough, then run away crying immediately after taking the first punch to the chin. 

i think O wins...but Kelly's an old school Irish Catholic, and i've never once seen one of them turn their back on a donnybrook, much less in the middle of one.

8 minutes ago, Dutch said:

no coach of a major college program would do that.  Would they???

image.png.df1ad39c3e42b8c96f50d03bcb1b36ed.png

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i think O wins...but Kelly's an old school Irish Catholic, and i've never once seen one of them turn their back on a donnybrook, much less in the middle of one.

Yeah, I gotta go with the Kyrie. That Irish fucker for sure can handle his hands. And probably can take a pretty good punch to that square jaw.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, orangebird said:

Oregon is very, very white.  Super white.  It's arguably one of the whitest states in the country, due in no small part to a series of racial exclusion laws that were still technically on the books up until 1926.  There were virtually no minorities of any sort living here before WWII.  Many Oregon towns had a reputation of being sundown towns up until the 1960s or so.  I have actually talked to people who grew up in rural Oregon and had never met a black person until they visited Portland.  When they filed Animal House in Eugene in the 1970s, the black actors reportedly had to be bussed in under armed guard from Portland, as it was not safe for them to stay in Eugene back then.  Eugene has changed quite a bit since then, but a lot of the more outlying parts of Oregon haven't.

That said, I don't think Cristobal's heritage is all that much of an issue here.  But I have heard no shortage of racist comments in general here, once you get out away from the comfy confines of metro Portland and Eugene.  Culture in Oregon outside of Portland and Eugene?  There is none.

I live in Portland metro

once you leave the educated population areas of ANY state you will find the backwoods types.  I do agree that the backwoods portions up here feel a little more deliverance then they did in Texas. There are a lot more “off the grid” leave me alone types that actually scare you a little bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Robert McCoin said:

So much surplus that the English department apparently had a bunch of extra capital letters lying around. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

I remember when that insurance salesman won a CC, unlike the dude we have now.

So do I... I also remember he was 6-5, then 5-5-1.

It's all coming together now!!!!  What did those two seasons and this season have in common?!

BROCKERMYER!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Robert McCoin said:

Wtf GIFs | Tenor

Edited by RollLeft

On 11/30/2021 at 5:02 PM, nnm said:

1137244095_grandpashoe.JPG.a110759e1650a9601147ef1504f16716.JPG

Just did Google search, couldn't find anything close to it.  There are plenty with the tan leather/white sole combo, but nothing with the styling on it.  C'mon Surly, surely someone can find those.

Did you image search? Pretty sure it's these. https://mobile.yoox.com/us/17138759ML/item#cod10=17138759ML&sizeId=-1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2