Juicy Smalls Trial Started This Week

Harrison Bergeron

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/criminal-justice/ct-jussie-smollett-trial-day-three-20211201-pyfsnefqsjal5mgbypnbnvoh6i-story.html

Abimbola Osundairo, who told police Jussie Smollett recruited him to stage a phony hate crime attack, has taken the stand at Smollett’s trial.

Abimbola and his brother Olabinjo are expected to be crucial witnesses against Smollett. The brothers’ cooperation with police turned the “Empire” actor from the victim of a racist and homophobic attack into a suspected hoaxer. Smollett now faces felony charges of lying to police about the attack.

Smollett’s defense, meanwhile, has painted the Osundairo brothers as criminals and opportunistic liars, perhaps motivated by homophobia.

Abimbola Osundairo walked into court before 2:30 p.m. wearing a black turtleneck with a thin gold chain around his neck. He had a matching black and gold mask. A number of his supporters crowded the courtroom as his questioning began.

Under questioning from prosecutor Dan Webb, Osundairo, who goes by the nickname “Bola,” said he became very close friends with Smollett, who pulled some strings to help him get a stand-in position on the “Empire” set.

“I would call him my brother,” he said.

Prosecutors have said it was Abimbola whom Smollett first contacted in January 2019 asking for help “on the low” in planning the hoax assault

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I think a guy crazy enough to try and pull off such a moronic stunt is the type of guy stupid enough to go to trial. If I recall, the Chicago DA tried to sweep it under the rug, but the state stepped in and appointed a special prosecutor. Juicy was too stupid to take a plea and get off the stage.

This

15 minutes ago, Bravo said:

His ego is so large he probably thinks he can win. You're right the type of guy to do what he did with a fake race baiting crime is the exact type of guy who thinks he can win a case.

and this  

its gonna end up in CR,  but I can easily, EASILY see a situation where a jury of Chicagoan's decide  that its not really something they need to subject a famous native son of Chicago to get punishment for that.   

in fact, I am very willing to guess thats what he bets his entire defense strategy on an a Chicago jury nullifying this

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its gonna end up in CR,  but I can easily, EASILY see a situation where a jury of Chicagoan's decide  that its not really something they need to subject a famous native son of Chicago to get punishment for that.   

in fact, I am very willing to guess thats what he bets his entire defense strategy on an a Chicago jury nullifying this

You are going to take the briskettexan role here of jury nullification worries?  Do you have the time and stamina?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

im not saying the world is ending.

I am saying that I honestly think a strong reason he may be taking this to court is because he may think there's a good chance of getting a Chicago jury of his peers that honestly dont want to convict him of something that in their minds, might not be a really heinous crime (not saying it is or isnt), especially in light of the last 18+ months of country related stress.

that being said, juries do strange things.   he could end up getting a true South Chicago representation of his peers who either side with the idea of nullifying it like the Chicago DA tried to do....

or that same jury could want to punish him for giving an excuse to the denialists who say hate crimes dont really happen and punish the shit out of him.

what I was saying is I am guessing his thought is that no Chicago jury would convict him for what they may view as a minor issue (again, NOT what I believe)

4 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I think he has two good bites at the apple.  Jury nullification first.  Then, if that fails, a judge that is very sympathetic to what he was trying to do and will give him a slap on the wrist.

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You are going to take the briskettexan role here of jury nullification worries?  Do you have the time and stamina?

OOH OOH wait I know this one....  it only takes one juror.......  it only take one juror......it only takes one juror....there's no place like the ledge..... there's no place like the ledge.... there's no place like the ledge.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 5:39 AM, ztejas said:

I was wondering who the fuck Juicy Smalls is. 

Well done. 

At first I was thinking Notorious BIG (Juicy being one of his best song)...and thinking why the fuck is it still in the courts

I'd wager on Juicy getting off

On a separate occasion, Smollett told jurors he and Bola Osundairo snuck away from his brother after the three were at a female strip club together. Smollett testified they again got a private room and "made out a little bit, masturbated together."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Dude will walk. 

Doesn't much matter, his career is dead.   Whatever money he's made he's giving a lot of it to the lawyers who are more than happy to take this regarded ass case to trial knowing full well it's beyond reproach.  

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Doesn't much matter, his career is dead.   Whatever money he's made he's giving a lot of it to the lawyers who are more than happy to take this regarded ass case to trial knowing full well it's beyond reproach.  

Plenty more racebaiters out there to support his grift

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Jurors deliberated for 2 hours on Wednesday and are starting again this morning. If they don’t come back with a guilty quickly today, he’s walking on the charges.

a competent jury should immediately understand that smollett is lying. Or “clearly lying” as Chappelle put it. Which makes his entire testimony suspect. Which should convict him.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jurors deliberated for 2 hours on Wednesday and are starting again this morning. If they don’t come back with a guilty quickly today, he’s walking on the charges.

a competent jury should immediately understand that smollett is lying. Or “clearly lying” as Chappelle put it. Which makes his entire testimony suspect. Which should convict him.

Yeah, there's one person on that jury saying "yeah, he did it, but no one got hurt so..."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1