Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

None of whom played under the current regime.

Which shows continuity in their ability to develop WRs across head coaches and position coaches. If you don't think their history in putting first-round NFL All-Pro and Pro-Bowl players in the league for the last decade doesn't resonate with WR recruits, then I don't know what to tell you. We haven't had a WR drafted in the first round since Roy Williams 20 years ago, and if we break that streak this year, LSU will likely have two WRs off the board before our first WR is selected. Both of whom played under the current regime. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Which shows continuity in their ability to develop WRs across head coaches and position coaches. If you don't think their history in putting first-round NFL All-Pro and Pro-Bowl players in the league for the last decade doesn't resonate with WR recruits, then I don't know what to tell you. We haven't had a WR drafted in the first round since Roy Williams 20 years ago, and if we break that streak this year, LSU will likely have two WRs off the board before our first WR is selected. Both of whom played under the current regime. 

We are fine. LSU is fine. tOSU is fine. None will have problems resonating with WR recruits.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

fuck ketch and all but I do like his LSR top 100 he just released..  

Top 10:

Moore

Sanchez

Fasusi

Williams

Haywood

JACKSON

Armstrong

Rogers

Lockett

Brew

He posted a preview on Sunday and I almost pissed myself with laughter at his lead-in to the list

"Finally... I've finished my updated LSR Rankings for the Class of 2025.

Part of the delay with updating the list was laziness. It just takes sooooo much time to watch 300+ prospects."

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Bevo said:

How do you do 7 years in college?

- Red shirt

- Rona

- Med red shirt

You want to see two end of the age spectrum?  

FIRST, THE YOUNG

image.thumb.png.a2addfd03b8442809211a2b0ed3d1ce7.png

THE RESTLESS

image.png.fd02654516d0f8d9734bfca69a061756.png

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- Red shirt

- Rona

- Med red shirt

You want to see two end of the age spectrum?  

FIRST, THE YOUNG

image.thumb.png.a2addfd03b8442809211a2b0ed3d1ce7.png

THE RESTLESS

image.png.fd02654516d0f8d9734bfca69a061756.png

just to point out Ojomo and Thompson were in the same class, and Ojomo was drafted last year.

Joseph Ossai was in the same class as Thompson and has been in the NFL for 3 full seasons.

• Hook 'Em 2

just to point out Ojomo and Thompson were in the same class, and Ojomo was drafted last year.
Joseph Ossai was in the same class as Thompson and has been in the NFL for 3 full seasons.
2 of those are lifetime Longhorns, the other a long game strategy gooner plant. Or we could simply say 2 of those 3 don't suck.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:10 AM, closetojumping said:

He's out on a limb with Harris. I don't want that guy in the class if he is taken at the expense of other big time WRs. 

While we're at it, I saw that Texas is bringing Marsh in for an OV. I hope that never materializes. 

I taught a couple of years in the Katy area before grad school and still know a few folks there. I don't want that kid or his mom (especially his mom) within 100 miles of our program. Let him go be Lane Kiffin's problem or something. Better yet, let him blow up A&M's locker room. Yet again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 3/10/2024 at 1:08 PM, Mother mopar said:

They also like how Chatman is coming along as well at tackle. At some point the jumbo TE (tackle) we been using will want to be playing at OL and not TE. His name escapes me at the moment.

Gerry mentioned Chatman could also be a great guard, so it's great to have these problems. 

On 3/10/2024 at 2:21 PM, BornAndRaised said:

I haven't heard much about him but I know he lost a ton of weight. I'm curious if they don't prefer him at an in-line TE position. I think he got some play there.

Gerry mentioned he's up to 280, but he mentioned he would be a great jumbo TE. I'm curious to see how Neto comes along. I'm secretly hoping he can unseat Connor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:25 PM, Hornstrader said:

That certainly can't hurt but LSU is about to have 1 WR probably go in the 1st 5-7 picks of the 1st round and a 2nd go probably around 16-20. Our 2 guys will go pretty high as well but their guys will go higher.

We still have 2 better QB's than LSU, who has Nussmeier, and he's definitely no Daniels. Manning OTOH is going to be a certified bad ass, and I believe KJ Lacey is the real deal, too. 

8 hours ago, campcrunk said:

It's been said before but this is EXACTLY how you know we really weren't cheating when so many others (read: A&M, OU, Bama, UGA, LSU, etc.) were screaming "EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT TOO" as loud as they could at anyone who'd listen. Now that it's actually legal to pay these kids, our recruiting is simply out of hand - and it's still gathering steam. Like top 3-5 classes EVERY FUCKING YEAR type of steam. Our recruiting would have been like this each and every year since the mid-70s if "eVeRyOnE eLsE wAs DoInG iT tOo!!" 

The gap between the haves and have nots is only going to get bigger and bigger and bigger and it's good to be the biggest "have" around. Get all the ins you can with that uncle everyone has, bitches. It don't make a shit. Not anymore

tldr: prepare you anus, rest of cfb

I remember when Eric Metcalf and a few other players got popped for getting free fill ups at the gas station at the intersection of MLK and the Drag my buddy worked at. Small potatoes obviously. Naturally aggy used to compare it to giving Eric Dickerson a free Trans Am

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I remember when Eric Metcalf and a few other players got popped for getting free fill ups at the gas station at the intersection of MLK and the Drag my buddy worked at. Small potatoes obviously. Naturally aggy used to compare it to giving Eric Dickerson a free Trans Am

Wasn't a dead body found in the trash at that gas station while Metcalf was in college - it might have been the 7-11? I wonder if your buddy was working there at the time.

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Wasn't a dead body found in the trash at that gas station while Metcalf was in college - it might have been the 7-11? I wonder if your buddy was working there at the time.

Was Craig James in the area?