Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

Intredasting. Only 247 even has a rating for this guy right now. Seems like plenty of name brand schools are involved, though.

I think the websites saw "Aidan" and just assumed.

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Are we going to start pushing for some commitments after these upcoming April visits? This board could use some life.

I wouldn't be surprised by the S out of Pearland or wherever. Same for Stewart. More than 2 or 3 before June would kind of surprise me though.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I wouldn't be surprised by the S out of Pearland or wherever. Same for Stewart. More than 2 or 3 before June would kind of surprise me though.

thinking the kid from Hitchcock might commit soon too

3 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

He’s a fat fuck.

At least Blake Brockermeyer was a good football player here, so a lot of people were insulted when his kids went elsewhere.

Shane Rink? I appreciate that he played here when we were awful, but he was not an impact player and I don't expect his kid to be.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

At least Blake Brockermeyer was a good football player here, so a lot of people were insulted when his kids went elsewhere.

Shane Rink? I appreciate that he played here when we were awful, but he was not an impact player and I don't expect his kid to be.

He was pretty average but he was expected to be a big player. I don't know how to look it up (he was around '92) but I'm pretty sure he was on Halliburton's Fab 55 and maybe Dave Campbell's Super Team. I could be getting him confused with Jeter though who was definitely on those lists.

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

Intredasting. Only 247 even has a rating for this guy right now. Seems like plenty of name brand schools are involved, though.

He's visiting this weekend per Gerry.  Posters on Tigerdroppings say this kid's a stud, said he completely shut down the high 4* TE that signed with LSU last class.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think Rink was a little older than Jeter/Patton?

Rink was a freshman when Jeter and Patton were seniors.   And no one should confuse Rink with those two because they were studs, which Rink never was.

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, cafe society said:

And no one should confuse Rink with those two because they were studs, which Rink never was.

They do have one thing in common, though, that confuses me and the fat kid.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Rink was a freshman when Jeter and Patton were seniors.   And no one should confuse Rink with those two because they were studs, which Rink never was.

Those other guys may have been better, but Rink was cold. And slippery.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Fong back at it again for another UT weekend visitor, Jaime Ffrench.

IMG_6333.thumb.jpeg.a11cb9862a5959a5d7f5ef387d8f5c0f.jpeg

Steve Wiltfong: Ohio State continues to set the pace with one of the nation's best wide receivers

Ohio State’s position with Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin On300 receiver Jaime Ffrench looks even better following another trip to Columbus over the weekend. I previously had a 247Sports Crystal Ball submitted on March 6, and this afternoon after talking to a source with knowledge of the recruitment notched the RPM in favor of the Buckeyes on the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM).

I feel even better about the Big Ten powerhouse’s position with the 6-foot-1, 185-pound Ffrench than I did at this time a month ago. Between the player development under Brian Hartline and the offense under Ryan Day and now Chip Kelly, Ffrench sees a situation where he can meet his best potential at Ohio State. Florida State and Miami are a couple other top contenders for the Alabama decommit, but everyone trails the Buckeyes.

Ohio State currently holds On3’s No. 1 class in the 2025 cycle and Ffrench would be another major coup, ranking as the No. 4 receiver and No. 22 prospect overall in the On3 Industry Ranking. This is the second Ohio State RPM I’ve logged this week as I also really like the Buckeyes position for Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei running back Jordon Davison, the No. 6 player in the country at his position and No. 83 prospect overall. Davison, like Ffrench, was at OSU over the weekend. He’ll visit Texas this weekend so we’ll see if the Longhorns can change that pulse.

Buckeyes on a recruiting roll as April kicks off

Day and Co. have been on a heater in recent weeks, landing Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy London Merritt, Port Saint Lucie (Fla.) Vero Beach four-star linebacker Tarvos Alford, Wayne (N.J.) DePaul Catholic four-star wide receiver De’zie Jones and his high school teammate and safety DeShawn Stewart over the span of a few days last week.

“I’m big on tradition,” Alford told On3’s Chad Simmons. “It’s a college town and I want to be in a college town and get that college atmosphere. There is a lot of history at Ohio State and people leave a legacy. I feel like if you go there, you are on the verge of making history and your name will be written in the history books for college football.” They join one of the nation’s deepest recruiting classes at this stage, which also includes five-star quarterback Tavien St. Clair and five-stars cornerbacks Na’eem Offord and Devin Sanchez.

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

He was pretty average but he was expected to be a big player. I don't know how to look it up (he was around '92) but I'm pretty sure he was on Halliburton's Fab 55 and maybe Dave Campbell's Super Team. I could be getting him confused with Jeter though who was definitely on those lists.

He played next to Sam Adams in high school, who as you might imagine was pretty fucking terrifying at that level

38 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

How is he a 4 star when the very service this guy works for rates him as 3?

I think you know 

14 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Aggie math is as mysterious as when Texas A&M University told us they had turned sea water into gold... 

14 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

holy shit, ESPN has him as a top 150 player in the country lol

this is a very clear cut example of on3/247 vs espn/rivals and i know who i am going with 100% of the time.

image.thumb.png.3a8e61097b34fd2da09031cd0063e595.png

11 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

He must be really good at tracking the deep ball if his head can turn 180 degrees. Can he play DB?

They don't call him the screech owl for nothing. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Apparently aggy landing Rink means we're screwed.

Screenshot_20240404_090523_Chrome.jpg

My dad’s side of the family is all aggy. Talked to my uncle this past weekend and was hyping the ELK up and the strength coach too. Talked about depth at running back and DL. I just laughed. Near impossible to have a logical conversation with an aggy 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

My father trained me daily my entire life. I ended up here

This is too open of a statement for me to understand if your father succeeded. Was your training in anonymously spreading unsubstantiated opinions over topics that don’t change day-to-day life?

• Haha 1