Celebrity Death Pool - 2022

Wally Fairway

Yeah, he was on the shortlist for best LHP in the NL from '85 to '90.  He was great in the 1990 playoffs as well.  Good hitting pitcher (.153 career avg.) and was used as a pinch runner in 20 games over his career.  You don't see that much anymore.  Got to see him throw a few at Wrigley Field over the years.  

I remember some coach or teammate's dad told us what a big deal his 1988 perfect game was because it the only one ever thrown on artificial turf.  Few years later, I'm taking infield in some indoor training complex for club teams on turf........."Oh, now I get it.  Every game has six fucking errors."  

RIP, Tom.  You were the ace of an absolutely filthy 1990 Red pitching staff.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/31/2021 at 12:57 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

Kyle Rittenhouse

Shannen Doherty

Olivia Newton John

Ron Rivera

Greta Thunberg

Harrison Ford

Dan Rather

Cynthia Nixon

Jerry Jones 

Art Rooney II

i completely forgot that I picked ONJ for last year.  so I guess I finally got on the board after all these years of doing this.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i completely forgot that I picked ONJ for last year.  so I guess I finally got on the board after all these years of doing this.

Here's to hoping you get a couple more by the 31st!  (Rittenhouse and Jerrah)

Edited by Burt

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'll never forget seeing him play against the Dallas Tornadoes at Ownby Stadium late in his career.

He will be missed

I played a game in Ownby Stadium in HS.   I guess I walked amongst legends and didn’t realize it (outside of the ones I clearly knew) 

Edited by Trey3216

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Late on this one, but I remember he was a known to be a legendary sweater (perspiration). Seemed like every game on tv they mentioned that he lost double digits in body weight despite drinking fluids during the game.

Saw the Blasters in concert while at UT. Phil Alvin, the lead vocalist was like that. You would get drenched if you were on the front couple of rows.