Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I hate every aspect of the move. I mean I enjoy most of the SEC fanbases but I much preferred them in limited doses, and I especially liked being their out of conference rival. Now everything we do will be a victory for SEC SEC SEC and fuck that.

Anyway that is for future us to deal with.

I have never, ever considered or thought about how a Texas win makes our conference look. The conference is there FOR us, not the other way around. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I hate every aspect of the move. I mean I enjoy most of the SEC fanbases but I much preferred them in limited doses, and I especially liked being their out of conference rival. Now everything we do will be a victory for SEC SEC SEC and fuck that.

Anyway that is for future us to deal with.

I am sure they will find away to have every one in that conference to claim us as a rival as well.  

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Because. That's all we know. 

Somewhere said "precautionary," so presumably he could use the rest.

I couldn't remember if Gordon had started much beyond Sea Aggy, and the answer is no, so maybe Pierce has designs on him for that role.

16 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I have never, ever considered or thought about how a Texas win makes our conference look. The conference is there FOR us, not the other way around. 

Yup. And for baseball, we will get more TV coverage, better opponents, and better venues. And we'll still run the conference, much to LSU's chagrin. I don't like the move for a lot of reasons. Baseball isn't one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Somewhere said "precautionary," so presumably he could use the rest.

I couldn't remember if Gordon had started much beyond Sea Aggy, and the answer is no, so maybe Pierce has designs on him for that role.

I’m pretty sure Lucas started several midweek games for us last season and looked good

Edited by Hammerin Hank
I may wrong on him starting last season. Can’t find any record of it

19 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Yeah real Texas fans won’t get into that. And it sucks we’re going to be dealing with backwoods hillbillies, but come on. Tech is stupid annoying as shit. Baylor is a corrupt criminal enterprise pretending to be a school. Tcu is chirpy and annoying as fuck. Of course ou and their shit ass fans. Okie state fans are mostly cool in my experience but I’ve still met a handful of morons but that’s every fan base. K state is similar to okie state. Kansas basketball fans are like Boston sports fans, pretentious and remarkably annoying. Iowa state is fine, though their constant booing at everything that doesn’t go their way is annoying but whatever. Every West Virginia fan I’ve met, albeit small sample size, have been pieces of hillbilly shit, but I’ll hopefully get a better sense of them if everything goes right and I go to the West Virginia series as planned 

So basically, you and I and droopy and I’m guessing most Texas fans will “get it” and not join the stupid fucking “YAAAYYYYY SEC SEC SEC!!!!” Garbage. And the individual fan bases, save LSU, aggy and Arkansas, aren’t going to be any more or less annoying than what we’ve dealt with. I really don’t think fan base wise there’s a difference between tech, tcu, okie lite, the Kansas schools and Iowa state and say ole miss, Florida, Kentucky, vandy and the bama schools. 

Georgia and Mississippi state may be problems though. Went to the ‘08 sugar bowl when Georgia played Hawaii then our sugar bowl against them. My. God. Talk about loud mouth trash. Their shit talk was weak, most of them were assholes and idiots. Got a lot of “Texas has NEVER seen speed and strength like this!!!!” Never? Not even ou like every year the last 20 years ,05 usc, 05 Ohio state, 08 Ohio state or ‘04 Michigan? Then they took the loss like Kyler Murray. They were such pussies after the game after ensuring us we shouldn’t even try. They all smelled like they use Copenhagen for deodorant and I’m not sure their dentistry has improved at all since the 50’s

and according to @NeverMarryAStripper, the Mississippi state fans last year were fuckin awful which isn’t surprising. Who would want to live in Starkville for 4 years in exchange for like the worst education ever?

tl/dr: I don’t think there will be much difference in fan base experience outside of aggy, LSU and Arkansas 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Damn. We're treating this like a midweek game. 

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Of which we’ve won all

Gordon would be like the Saturday starter for probably at least half the teams in the big 12. Silas has caught every game. At 11-0 with 5 games in 6 days this week, give him a break and see what our probable next year starter has got. Then Daly can’t hit a beach ball right now so Stehly at 2nd so that would’ve made sense at any point this weekend. No we wouldn’t have done this yesterday but today is perfect for a little tweak here and there. And yeah I’d guess Witt would pitch if we were playing LSU or Tennessee 

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah real Texas fans won’t get into that. And it sucks we’re going to be dealing with backwoods hillbillies, but come on. Tech is stupid annoying as shit. Baylor is a corrupt criminal enterprise pretending to be a school. Tcu is chirpy and annoying as fuck. Of course ou and their shit ass fans. Okie state fans are mostly cool in my experience but I’ve still met a handful of morons but that’s every fan base. K state is similar to okie state. Kansas basketball fans are like Boston sports fans, pretentious and remarkably annoying. Iowa state is fine, though their constant booing at everything that doesn’t go their way is annoying but whatever. Every West Virginia fan I’ve met, albeit small sample size, have been pieces of hillbilly shit, but I’ll hopefully get a better sense of them if everything goes right and I go to the West Virginia series as planned 

So basically, you and I and droopy and I’m guessing most Texas fans will “get it” and not join the stupid fucking “YAAAYYYYY SEC SEC SEC!!!!” Garbage. And the individual fan bases, save LSU, aggy and Arkansas, aren’t going to be any more or less annoying than what we’ve dealt with. I really don’t think fan base wise there’s a difference between tech, tcu, okie lite, the Kansas schools and Iowa state and say ole miss, Florida, Kentucky, vandy and the bama schools. 

Georgia and Mississippi state may be problems though. Went to the ‘08 sugar bowl when Georgia played Hawaii then our sugar bowl against them. My. God. Talk about loud mouth trash. Their shit talk was weak, most of them were assholes and idiots. Got a lot of “Texas has NEVER seen speed and strength like this!!!!” Never? Not even ou like every year the last 20 years ,05 usc, 05 Ohio state, 08 Ohio state or ‘04 Michigan? Then they took the loss like Kyler Murray. They were such pussies after the game after ensuring us we shouldn’t even try. They all smelled like they use Copenhagen for deodorant and I’m not sure their dentistry has improved at all since the 50’s

and according to @NeverMarryAStripper, the Mississippi state fans last year were fuckin awful which isn’t surprising. Who would want to live in Starkville for 4 years in exchange for like the worst education ever?

tl/dr: I don’t think there will be much difference in fan base experience outside of aggy, LSU and Arkansas 

You ran into the frat boy/ t-shirt UGA fans. The basketball/ baseball crowd is quite different. Mostly suburban Atlanta golf pricks, so YMMV. It's not an easy school to get into ( nor is Florida).

Here is the only easily found link.  https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/watch-shriners-children-s-college-classic-on-mlb-network?t=mlb-draft-coverage

It will apparently show up on the astros youtube channel sometime in the middle of the T1 if you prefer to watch on youtube.

Youtube is actually up. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3