The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah, things are going well

While a fake post, it did remind me of a real situation that happened in 2020. 

I was selling a company and the buyers were trying to decide who to keep. I told them at least a dozen times that they had to keep the guy overseeing manufacturing or otherwise would not be able to ship products out the door. 

Of course they laid him off the day the sale closed. Fast forward a few days later and they realized they had to have him. He played hard ball. They had to pay his severance and hire him back as a consultant at a 70% higher cost. Idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Of course they laid him off the day the sale closed. Fast forward a few days later and they realized they had to have him. He played hard ball. They had to pay his severance and hire him back as a consultant at a 70% higher cost. Idiots

Happens all the time. I remember the branch manager coming to talk to me when I put in my notice.

"I heard that you wanted to talk to me."

I refused to look that liar in the eye and kept on working.

"No. I didn't."

He had his chance and blew it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Is he being run out of these companies on a rail?

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/us-news/2022/11/17/63756ee6ca474155558b4584.html

Elon Musk, who recently took over as Twitter's CEO after purchasing the firm, declared he does not want to be the CEO of this or any other companies.

In a Delaware courtroom on Wednesday, Musk testified in defense of himself in a shareholder lawsuit contesting a remuneration package the Tesla board of directors gave him that might be worth more than $55 billion.

According to numerous media sources, Musk stated during his testimony that "I expect to reduce my time at Twitter and find somebody else to run Twitter over time."

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

While a fake post

i enjoyed a lot of the "i just got laid off from twitter, my job was..." tweets.

examples like, "my job was to show you a really cool tweet then auto-refresh your feed so you never find it again."  or "my job was to show you a half-naked photo from a random thirsty chick you don't even follow when your wife asks to borrow your phone for a sec."

tonight there are a lot of "if this is my last tweet, then..."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

While a fake post, it did remind me of a real situation that happened in 2020. 

I was selling a company and the buyers were trying to decide who to keep. I told them at least a dozen times that they had to keep the guy overseeing manufacturing or otherwise would not be able to ship products out the door. 

Of course they laid him off the day the sale closed. Fast forward a few days later and they realized they had to have him. He played hard ball. They had to pay his severance and hire him back as a consultant at a 70% higher cost. Idiots. 

4 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

I did not know Elon has admitted to having Asperger's Syndrome. Maybe he is not the best person to lead a social media company; however, half the people posting on the internet seem to be somewhere on the autism spectrum so maybe it will work out in the end.

The people posting on Twitter don’t pay the bills,

Advertisers have not been, and will not be, very forgiving.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

How much of his own money did he piss away?  Haven't seen the composition of the $44bn or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

The Twitter name still has some residual value, like Circuit City.

'Bout tree fiddy

If(when) twitter craters it going to be fascinating to observe the impact. How much of news cycle is/was accelerated by the platform? How many twitter “celebrities” offer nothing of value without the platform. Maybe this is a chance to catch a breath. Or maybe a chance to say to hell with near instant disinfo and unsubstantiated gossip. Go outside n shit 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Sorry I'm the guy walking in at the end of the movie asking what's going on...but why is the world saying twitter is imploding today?  I've heard that 100 times in the past and nothing ever happens.  But people I kinda take serious are saying it's serious this time.  What's up?  

10 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

How much of his own money did he piss away?  Haven't seen the composition of the $44bn or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

The Twitter name still has some residual value, like Circuit City.

He's had to sell billions in Tesla stock already and that's before large debt payments are due.  Tesla hit a new 52 week low today, too.