Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Satchel said:

The New York subway murderer has been arrested. He’s 25 and has been arrested 25 times. How in the ever loving hell does somebody with his record have access to guns in a civilized society?

He doesn't.

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

What are you expecting them to do with only 50 seats in the senate, two of which will absolutely refuse to abolish the filibuster to get anything done? Blame those two if you want, but it's two out of 50, so they party as a whole has tried. The problem is that the right will never cast a single vote for anything that is popular with any voter on the left. Shitting on the democratic party is why young progressives refuse to vote and why we can never have the type of control needed to make any changes. Sure, mainstream democrats on the whole don't support universal healthcare and student loan forgiveness, so "tHeY'Re aLl tHe sAmE." I hate the non-voting progressives as much as I do Manchin/Synema, in addition to every republican in existence currently.

Manchen and Sinema will vote to protect their political future if it runs counter to any democratic agenda item, including gun legislation. What I said is accurate. Progressives are going to raise holy hell for the next few news cycles about dead kids, and ultimately nothing will come of it because the blue team (last I checked it included those two) will not pass anything that will impact the issue. 

This level of serene resignation is something I have been grappling with ever since the golden escalator nightmare, it is fundamentally immoral to allow fascism to exist, their brains are wired for hate, like an opioid addict is wired for a hit, their physiology is wired for doing evil. Chamberlain was a clown that singlehandedly destroyed the anti-fascist coalition before the annexation of Czechoslovakia, it is the same shit we are seeing today, too many people having the debate as to whether it is moral to punch a Nazi, when the real debate is whether it is moral to not punch a Nazi.

The only way stable solution is post war German state, arrest them all. Everything else is waiting for the next stochastic terrorism, waiting for the next half-assed coup attempt to actually succeed. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Nothing happened after Sandy Hook where a bunch of white kids were gunned down. Definitely nothing will happen after a bunch of brown kids in Uvalde we’re killed. Republicans, ladies and gentlemen 

I bet not just pushing past them and doing something, anything after Sandy Hook is Obama's biggest regret. Trump was always going to happen. We are a nation that does not give a shit about anyone but ourselves. There is no great good. There is only I'm getting mine.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The New York subway murderer has been arrested. He’s 25 and has been arrested 25 times. How in the ever loving hell does somebody with his record have access to guns in a civilized society?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Failed state.

Ken Paxton is a broken brained asshole but the parents who vote for him are more broken brained. I just can’t understand it. I cannot understand parents who will not along and agree that sending their kids to school in a fortress with armed guards is reasonable, is in fact BETTER than gun regulation. Who the fuck cares more about guns than their own kids’ right to a healthy and normal childhood. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

13 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Manchen and Sinema will vote to protect their political future if it runs counter to any democratic agenda item, including gun legislation. What I said is accurate. Progressives are going to raise holy hell for the next few news cycles about dead kids, and ultimately nothing will come of it because the blue team (last I checked it included those two) will not pass anything that will impact the issue. 

48 out of 50 would pass something if they could. They literally can't. I get the frustration, but painting the entire party as ineffective because of two internal obstructionists, and 50 from the outside, is asinine. The voters are poisoned. The majority are hateful morons who don't care. That's the root problem.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Failed state.

Get this: the EXACT same teachers that the GQP absolutely cannot trust in any way to [checks notes] say ONE FUCKING WORD about race, and can't be trusted not to groom your kids to participate in debauched pedophilia orgies under a pizza parlor.....should be armed to the fucking teeth.

This fucking timeline.

13 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Is Rittenhouse the special guest?

After this shooting, it's actually possible he won't be.  But it is a 100% certainty that it was planned.

12 minutes ago, linux said:

This level of serene resignation is something I have been grappling with ever since the golden escalator nightmare, it is fundamentally immoral to allow fascism to exist, their brains are wired for hate, like an opioid addict is wired for a hit, their physiology is wired for doing evil. Chamberlain was a clown that singlehandedly destroyed the anti-fascist coalition before the annexation of Czechoslovakia, it is the same shit we are seeing today, too many people having the debate as to whether it is moral to punch a Nazi, when the real debate is whether it is moral to not punch a Nazi.

The only way stable solution is post war German state, arrest them all. Everything else is waiting for the next stochastic terrorism, waiting for the next half-assed coup attempt to actually succeed. 

linux gets it.  This is how it ends.  The book has already been written.  We're just getting to read the final chapters now.  We are a fascist nihilist death cult of a "nation," and we will end exactly like you'd expect such a thing to end: self-immolation.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

Another fucking 18 year old, man. Raise the age for males to purchase or possess a semi auto to 21. 

California tried that. Liberal 9th circuit just struck it down as violative of the 2nd.

Only hope in pulling country back from Christofacism is packing SCOTUS. Good luck.

Edited by Foosters

3 common threads to these incidents:

1. Mentally ill person with a fuckton of warning signs.

2. That mentally ill person having access to firearms.

3. The armed mentally ill person being able to gain access to the school.

American society needs to address all 3.  That dude shouldn’t have been able to post violent shit on social media without somebody following up with authorities.  That dude should not have been able to get ahold of guns or ammo.  That school should have been locked.

The firearm industry should be treated with the heavy hand of both the automobile and cigarette industries.

Edited by Snake Diggity

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

3. The armed mentally I’ll person being able to gain access to the school.

American society needs to address all 3.  That dude shouldn’t have been able to post violent shit on social media without somebody following up with authorities.  That dude should not have been able to get ahold of guns or ammo.  That school should have been locked.

The firearm industry should be treated with the heavy hand of both the automobile and cigarette industries.

Agree with all of that.

1 and 3 will take some time to address. 

2 could be done literally by next Monday.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Get this: the EXACT same teachers that the GQP absolutely cannot trust in any way to [checks notes] say ONE FUCKING WORD about race, and can't be trusted not to groom your kids to participate in debauched pedophilia orgies under a pizza parlor.....should be armed to the fucking teeth.

This fucking timeline.

After this shooting, it's actually possible he won't be.  But it is a 100% certainty that it was planned.

linux gets it.  This is how it ends.  The book has already been written.  We're just getting to read the final chapters now.  We are a fascist nihilist death cult of a "nation," and we will end exactly like you'd expect such a thing to end: self-immolation.

“Gun grab conspiracy” theories already out there. Of course, since Sandy Hook and Stoneman, mass shootings have been accompanied by a steady expansion of gun rights and more gun purchases. A more logical conspiracy is that these are all being staged, but by gun rights nuts and not gun control advocates.  We are sliding into the abyss. 

3. The armed mentally I’ll person being able to gain access to the school.

To point 3, my wife is from Brazil and she is still shocked, even after living here for 13 years, that schools do not have large fences/walls around them. It freaks her out actually. And yeah, when I lived there I thought it seemed a bit much, but now, not so much. Only two ways in and there is security at the gate. Might as well give it a shot since we love guns more than kids.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That would be great, but I'd love for Democrats to stop helping them be so terrible.

Just a small request.

A small request for the Dems to lessen the damage of the horrible policies and beliefs of the repubs?  But no request for the repubs to be less evil?  You do get that that’s putting the blame in the wrong place, yeah?

Just now, TexLonghorn said:

A small request for the Dems to lessen the damage of the horrible policies and beliefs of the repubs?  But no request for the repubs to be less evil?  You do get that that’s putting the blame in the wrong place, yeah?

Well, expecting a party that's hell-bent on fascism to be less evil is as close to a loss cause as it gets.  

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Well, expecting a party that's hell-bent on fascism to be less evil is as close to a loss cause as it gets.  

Yup, it's about how far against their principles the other side is willing to go without becoming the thing they're fighting. That's the finesse. And we ain't fucking there

Sandy Hook references been made?

Killed Grandma, Maybe Mom was a teacher

Killed the Kids in mom's classroom?

sick.

Next thing will be that fat fucker from InfoWars calling this a conspiracy.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

To point 3, my wife is from Brazil and she is still shocked, even after living here for 13 years, that schools do not have large fences/walls around them. It freaks her out actually. And yeah, when I lived there I thought it seemed a bit much, but now, not so much. Only two ways in and there is security at the gate. Might as well give it a shot since we love guns more than kids.

Whether in Brazil or here or anywhere, this is a sign of a sick society. It does not occur to people living in healthy societies that small children need to be locked behind walls so they aren’t murdered. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Whether in Brazil or here or anywhere, this is a sign of a sick society. It does not occur to people living in healthy societies that small children need to be locked behind walls so they aren’t murdered. 

I don’t disagree. But half this country is not interested in programs that address mental health because muh taxes!!!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Do we know if this person was seeing a shrink or had been diagnosed with a mental disorder like bipolar, borderline, antisocial, etc.?

11 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I told a friend in a text that I think this is what's coming.  We'll encircle our schools with 10-foot high concrete walls with rolls of barbed wire at the top.  One way in, through a security gate manned by an armed guard behind bullet-proof glass.  That'll put a stop to this, at schools anyway.

We'll send our kids to school at fucking prisons before we give up our guns.  Watch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

20 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

2 is likely why 3 didn’t matter. We are up to 3 adults so my guess is he went through the locked school entry and shot the office people that screen people coming in and then went to the classroom. Access to firearms is the problem, and our slippery slope dumb fucks will ensure that nothing will be done to change that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’ve seen more than a few people argue that current Brazil is a vision of America’s future. 

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I told a friend in a text that I think this is what's coming.  We'll encircle our schools with 10-foot high concrete walls with rolls of barbed wire at the top.  One way in, through a security gate manned by an armed guard behind bullet-proof glass.  That'll put a stop to this, at schools anyway.

We'll send our kids to school at fucking prisons before we give up our guns.  Watch.

I dunno man, they were against masked mandates. Of course they're for more guns but how are armed facilities a sign of freedom?  My guess is a push for more home schooling.

Edited by Mdhorn

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread