Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Say it louder. 

"We are horrified and heartbroken by the senseless tragedy unfolding at (checks notes) Robb Elementary School in Texas (because taking two seconds to figure out Uvalde would be too taxing) and grateful to the first responders for acting swiftly. No families should ever have to fear violence in their children's schools. But you guys are just going to have to suck it up and possibly have your children die in schools because we can't put a single restriction on guns". 

MTG can just go fuck her gun tonight. 

• Like 1

We aren't going to do anything about the ease of acquiring weapons. That has been established as fact. The only deterrence is to make it harder on the families of the shooters. That is all that we are left with. They do have a tremendous burden for dealing with such a family member, but if they know that they have to seek the help or get in a shitload of trouble then that will maybe make a difference in getting them to deal with those with sick ideations in a meaningful way. IF they are getting help then maybe they prevent all the pain. Since we won't do anything about the ease of acquiring weapons, then this is all there is left to us. 

It’s really, really easy. In fact I was given an AR. No back ground check, no license, no classes, no registration… nada….

Can we at least start by out lawing ALL OF THAT?? It shouldn’t be that easy. I’d gladly register mine, take a mental health exam, etc etc etc if there was even a sliver of a chance it would keep a kid from dying. I’ll turn it in too. I just think there are things we can do between confiscation (because the reality of that happening is zero) and doing nothing.
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This won’t change until people who are not aligned with the GQP and NRA death cults take violent action against same.
I don’t want it to be that way. I’m not suggesting any such actions. I’m just observing that the dynamic, a tyranny of the minority death cult, will never change or accept removal from power by peaceful means. They have already told us loud and clear that the only way that regime change can occur is by violent action. They are going to follow their own rules.
This only ends in civil war. It can’t end any other way. Because that’s how they want it to be. Unfuckingbelievable, that we would flush away this Republic at the hands of a nihilist death cult, but here we are.
This fucking place.

Well I’m not ready just yet to hand everything over to these fascists. I’m ready to fight 

• Hook 'Em 1

My wife is a pastor. From a blog that she follows: ““there is something deeply hypocritical about praying for a problem you are unwilling to solve.”
We suck. Our “Christians” may suck the most. They can shove their prayer up their asses. To quote from their precious Bible, from the book of James: “faith without works is dead.”
No more prayers, no more “faith.” Works, that’s where it’s at. Any less, and they do not get to claim the label of “Christian,” because as their OWN BIBLE SAYS, their faith alone is “dead.” As dead as 18 kids.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Tucker can't believe we are politicizing things so quickly after a tragedy.  You know, because these prayers are working so well.  God, I'd kill to run into that fuckstain in a bait and tackle shop.  Would be well worth doing some time to kick the living shit out of his tiny nuts.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

You cannot simultaneously follow the teachings of Jesus and be pro gun. Hand guns, assault rifles, etc. were designed to end human life. Once you purchase one, you have made the decision that your life is of greater importance than another's in direct contrast to the teachings of Jesus.

The right is so warped and wrapped up in team politics that this country will not survive. Today eighteen children and three adults didn't. Prolife my ass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I can't wait to hear what Abbott's plans are to stop these shootings in the future. I'm sure it's going to be great and not at all similar to doing nothing until people lose interest again. 

Edited by RabidM

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My wife is a pastor. From a blog that she follows: ““there is something deeply hypocritical about praying for a problem you are unwilling to solve.”
We suck. Our “Christians” may suck the most. They can shove their prayer up their asses. To quote from their precious Bible, from the book of James: “faith without works is dead.”
No more prayers, no more “faith.” Works, that’s where it’s at. Any less, and they do not get to claim the label of “Christian,” because as their OWN BIBLE SAYS, their faith alone is “dead.” As dead as 18 kids.

Seriously, that’s one of the most infuriating thing about the current timeline. We avoid the hard work and we avoid looking at and admitting our faults. 

2 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I can't wait to hear what Abbott's plans are to stop these shootings in the future. I'm sure it's going to be great and not at all similar to doing nothing until people lose interest again. 

he's already going stop rape cause abortions. just add this to the list of things to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I know you guys hate everyone moving there to your amazingly awesome state.  But I hope even more move down there.  The majority aren't nearly as far right as the majority in that state.  And until you're flipped blue it's not gonna get fixed.  And yes, I know exactly how shitty Chicago is and we are working on that too.  But pointing to one shitty place doesn't ok the disasters in another.  It's obvious at this point the right will never ever ok gun control.  Look at all the shootings in Canada and Europe...they must pray a lot more.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

“Hey Sarge! Let’s head to the school and take advantage of this to catch some undocumented parents gathering to make sure THEIR KIDS AREN’T DEAD.”

This is the reality of living an hour or so away from the river. South Texas is lousy with CBP & ICE. If you spend anytime down there, you'll see their vehicles driving around just like normal city cops everywhere - not just along the border.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

2. That mentally ill person having access to firearms.

2. could be done literally by next Monday.

How? Are you sure it's not already a law that's just difficult/impossible to enforce in these young male cases?

13 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

“Hey Sarge! Let’s head to the school and take advantage of this to catch some undocumented parents gathering to make sure THEIR KIDS AREN’T DEAD.”

Can anyone confirm this?  I refuse to believe it.  Nope. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Good guys with guns save the day! 

wait…

details unknown as to why he wrecked his truck in the ditch, was he under hot pursuit by cops? why did killing him take so long if cops were on his tail?  At this point, seems cops had a disappointing performance.  And why not shoot the legs or head (please no lame excuses on this)?

• Fuck You 1

He’s getting absolutely torn apart in the comments.

As if Twitter smack will matter one bit.

Ted Cruz will be either a) a senator from TX until he dies (if we're lucky)

Or b) a Supreme Court Justice.

That's it. We can all rejoice in the fact that he'll never be POTUS, but he will still be able to fuck the citizens of this state and country for at least 25 more years.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have to be honest, you make it a little difficult to hate Sooners. And that really fucks with my head.

Don't give the rest of those motherfuckers credit for this one guy's not-so-awfulness, man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

California tried that. Liberal 9th circuit just struck it down as violative of the 2nd.

While the Ninth Circuit probably is still more liberal than most (all?) of the other circuits, it's no longer quite as liberal as it once was.  The judge who wrote that opinion was appointed by Trump, as was the judge who concurred in that 2-1 opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

his own father was murdered in a political assassination in Beirut Lebanon where Steve Kerr was born. 

Beirut….a city in which fewer children were murdered today than in Uvalde.
Helluva country we got going here. Exceptional. Greatest country ever. BLAM BLAM BLAM! Just made it 21X greater!

8 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

As if Twitter smack will matter one bit.

Ted Cruz will be either a) a senator from TX until he dies (if we're lucky)

Or b) a Supreme Court Justice.

That's it. We can all rejoice in the fact that he'll never be POTUS, but he will still be able to fuck the citizens of this state and country for at least 25 more years.

Only 25?  If he ends up on the court, we're fucked for generations to come.

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

It’s really, really easy. In fact I was given an AR. No back ground check, no license, no classes, no registration… nada….

Can we at least start by out lawing ALL OF THAT?? It shouldn’t be that easy. I’d gladly register mine, take a mental health exam, etc etc etc if there was even a sliver of a chance it would keep a kid from dying. I’ll turn it in too. I just think there are things we can do between confiscation (because the reality of that happening is zero) and doing nothing.

So uh, what state do you live in? who just gifted you an AR? And are you 100% sure no crime was committed during that transfer? Say a crime was committed during transfer: how would law enforcement ever know? How does that being a crime (on paper) save lives if you randomly go crazy or your gun is stolen? 

What are the details of your proposed mental health exam program? If rausing the age of semi auto ownership for males from 18-21 is infringement how on earth do you get a mental health examination requirement into existence?

1 hour ago, Starfleet Command said:

Do we know if this person was seeing a shrink or had been diagnosed with a mental disorder like bipolar, borderline, antisocial, etc.?

Would it matter?

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-ap-top-news-barack-obama-adam-lanza-ms-state-wire-553ff88b430a4334868105f7a943b912

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress on Wednesday sent President Donald Trump legislation blocking an Obama-era rule designed to keep guns out of the hands of certain mentally disabled people.

On a vote of 57-43, the Senate backed the resolution, just one of several early steps by the Republican-led Congress to undo regulations implemented by former President Barack Obama. The House had passed the measure earlier this year. The White House has signaled Trump will sign the legislation.

The Obama rule would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm. It was crafted as part of Obama’s efforts to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 massacre of 20 young students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Would it matter?

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-ap-top-news-barack-obama-adam-lanza-ms-state-wire-553ff88b430a4334868105f7a943b912

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress on Wednesday sent President Donald Trump legislation blocking an Obama-era rule designed to keep guns out of the hands of certain mentally disabled people.

On a vote of 57-43, the Senate backed the resolution, just one of several early steps by the Republican-led Congress to undo regulations implemented by former President Barack Obama. The House had passed the measure earlier this year. The White House has signaled Trump will sign the legislation.

The Obama rule would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm. It was crafted as part of Obama’s efforts to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 massacre of 20 young students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

MAGA BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to do consumer-end legislation. Just ban the sale, manufacture, and import of all firearms and ammunition. Without mass industry behind it, this falls apart.

People can talk about ghost guns all day, but that will always be insanely niche. And the existing massive stock of weapons and ammo will deplete and degrade over time. It won't stop the school shootings in 2023, but it will stop the ones coming in 2030.

But we don't care. The Republicans want to make it easier to mass murder children and the Democrats want to preen and virtue signal.

Thoughts and prayers, y'all.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread