Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It's not even clear any of these killers had mental illnesses diagnosable on the DSM.  But even assuming they did, potentially locking people up for seeking help for themselves or their loved ones wouldn't help anyone, and just prevent people from getting assistance for mental illness.

We need to deal with the guns.  It's the guns that are the outlier.  Every country in the world has mentally ill residents.

Given that power, a large chunk of society would only want to deploy it against anyone they suspect of unspecified gender stuff instead of what folks hope for here.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Stop calling out congressman. You think they give a fuck about 40 dead kids?
Call out the idiots who keep voting them into power. they are your friends, your family, the posters in the daily Texan

You think they give a fuck about 40 dead kids? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Meanwhile, on the Daily Texan . . . 

You’re a fucking clown.  Fuck you in the neck you petulant fuck 

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is exactly right. Pray to the gods of money and sacrifice the children as is necessary to keep them happy. 

So pray to the toy in the happy meal? 

if you think anyone is happy about this, you’re as fucking ignorant as your petulant posts in the Ukraine thread assure.  

• Fuck You 8

In certain countries in Africa, children are recruited as soldiers because they are expendable and easy to maintain. In America, children are treated essentially as NPCs in a real life video game so that the no restrictions whatsoever play soldiers can absolve themselves of any guilt over whether American children are expendable. As long as it was not their own child slaughtered, then they'll keep on 'playing.'

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

manchin and Sinema are the two. They won’t overrule the filibuster to get anything meaningful passed. 

Then I would just continue to debate all day long on this topic and every day ask if we ready to do something and/or a minimum of being "man/women" enough to at a very minimum take a vote on it. And record said objections every since day and that would be every Dem Senators TV ad every night... Now on Day 72..73..74 and my opponent won't isn't even "man/women" enough to take a stand one way or the other.  If they are not going to vote we need someone who will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You’re a fucking clown.  Fuck you in the neck you petulant fuck 

if you think anyone is happy about this, you’re as fucking ignorant as your petulant posts in the Ukraine thread assure.  

If you think there arent people who will profit to an extreme extent off of this, then you are naive. Including those who are "going to try to stop it". This has never been about keeping our children safe, it's about making the most money and staying in power. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

If a certain thing happens over and over, and you COULD support something, anything to try to keep it from happening again, but you stand with those who actively prevent any such thing….then yes, it’s fair to conclude that you like the outcome.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Want to edit that? 

Not really. It's obviously mostly sarcastic. Mostly. But I think there is more than some truth there too. Politicians feel safe to spew their bullshit because it doesn't actually affect them. I'm fucking tired of it. If someone in this country has to have a gun to their head, as apparently is the case, it should be a group that fucking deserves it and not innocent kids. 

Anyway, if you need to edit or delete, go for it. I can't do it myself at this point. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Not really. It's obviously not mostly sarcastic. Mostly. But I think there is more than some truth there too. Politicians feel safe to spew their bullshit because it doesn't actually affect them. I'm fucking tired of it. If someone in this country has to have a gun to their head, as apparently is the case, it should be a group that fucking deserves it and not innocent kids. 

Anyway, if you need to edit or delete, go for it. I can't do it myself at this point. 

This clarification is all that was needed.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I wouldn't say you're happy.  You're just not upset enough to act.  Again, Canada and Europe do NOT have anything near this level of gun violence.  But you and your ilk will go down fighting about muh rights etc.  So here's a hearty fuck you, pal.  

What the fuck is “my ilk” you fucking cokehead fuck? 

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Trey3216 said:

People on the right lol.  Oh and cokehead fuck...that really hurts lol.  Keep being a bitchass.  If you used half that hate to fight gun violence we'd all be better off.  Sadly, you'll pray and give lots of thoughts.  Keep it up, tough guy.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If a certain thing happens over and over, and you COULD support something, anything to try to keep it from happening again, but you stand with those who actively prevent any such thing….then yes, it’s fair to conclude that you like the outcome.

I like you.  I’ve met you.  I don’t stand in active prevention or promotion of anything you state.   So no, you can kindly check that at the door 

• Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Woland said:

Let’s go after the body armor. Not protected by the 2nd Amendment, right? It would be a start and law enforcement should support the ban.

Let’s take it a step further, and to legally carry a firearm in public you have to be completely nude.  Otherwise it’s a felony.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Let's arm every school with a full time cop. Yeah, let's do that instead of just having mandatory background checks and up the age to 21. You can't buy beer until 21 because you might drink to much and use your car to go kill other people yet you can buy a gun at 18 and kill 19 children at a school. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Let's arm every school with a full time cop. Yeah, let's do that instead of just having mandatory background checks and up the age to 21. You can't buy beer until 21 because you might drink to much and use your car to go kill other people yet you can buy a gun at 18 and kill 19 children at a school. 

Hey man if you’re old enough to be forced to be a mom at 12 you should be old enough to be able to buy a gun. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

couple of notes I read .......

right now - they are asking parents to submit dna swaps, to match up to their kids

not sure if true, a 9yo that survived ... it was their bday today. they didnt want to die and miss their bday cake 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

People on the right lol.  Oh and cokehead fuck...that really hurts lol.  Keep being a bitchass.  If you used half that hate to fight gun violence we'd all be better off.  Sadly, you'll pray and give lots of thoughts.  Keep it up, tough guy.  

I am a staunch defender of Classical Liberalism.  Freedom of Speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion but also freedom from religion, limited government, limiting the government from injecting itself into religious/social mores, etc.   I am a legal and responsible gun owner.   They are locked in a safe in my garage that is bolted to my floor, other than my pistol that is in a biometric safety in my bedroom.  I have been shooting since I was 7 years old.  I’ve had guns put in my face by a thief (once) and wannabe Billy badasses (twice).  There are absolutely people that shouldn’t own Guns.  There are absolutely people that should.  This shit makes me sick, as I have two daughters that are young and a wife that teaches elementary school.   So yeah, thinking I’m just a-ok about people being murdered is incorrect.   Fuck you for thinking that 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'm not going to say any specific DT posters actively root for school shootings, but I fucking 100% believe that guys like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley get fully erect whenever one happens. They're amoral vermin who love to use people's anguish to rally their own voters in opposition as just another way to own the libs. And the DT crowd and people like them all over the country still fucking vote for them. So it doesn't really matter that certain posters aren't actively rooting for school shootings, because they're actively enabling them with their votes.

• Hook 'Em 8

But hey, the 2nd Amendment guarantees his right to have military-style weapons. I'm sure he was just days away from joining that well regulated militia. Slavery was the first great stain our forefathers placed on this country. The 2nd Amendment was the next one. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you unfailingly vote for the people who do exactly what I said: prevent, at every turn and at all costs, any action, from big to small, that might help prevent this from happening over and over and over and over and over and over? Then you WANT this outcome. Elections have consequences. There are 19 shattered, bloody, tiny consequences sprawled and soaking in their own blood on the floor in Uvalde as we speak. This is what you vote for. Own it. You don’t get to run away from it. Fucking ENOUGH. NONE OF YOU GET TO RUN AWAY FROM YOUR VOTES.

You vote for the party that runs on the great replacement theory, fueling mass murders in buffalo, El Paso, and Pittsburgh. You vote for the party that is owned by the NRA and opposes any and all regulation of firearms - fuck, we’ve made it EASIER to sling a gun in Texas, which give us shit like today.
Either your vote matters, or it doesn’t. You don’t get to run away from it anymore. Stop. Stop supporting people who help make shit like this and Buffalo happen. Please, stop. Please.

Sit on your thumb and rotate bro.  Jesus.  You fucks just assume someone votes for something anytime they disagree with you.  Mother of God some of y’all can’t fucking get it that I can disagree with you and chastise you on something and that doesn’t mean I’m sitting on my couch and slobbering over Tucker Carlson every night.  Jesus Christ your fucking circle jerk logic is more exhausting than Trumps’s fraudulent ass thinking he actually won the election 

• Fuck You 1

I am a staunch defender of Classical Liberalism.  Freedom of Speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion but also freedom from religion, limited government, limiting the government from injecting itself into religious/social mores, etc.   I am a legal and responsible gun owner.   They are locked in a safe in my garage that is bolted to my floor, other than my pistol that is in a biometric safety in my bedroom.  I have been shooting since I was 7 years old.  I’ve had guns put in my face by a thief (once) and wannabe Billy badasses (twice).  There are absolutely people that shouldn’t own Guns.  There are absolutely people that should.  This shit makes me sick, as I have two daughters that are young and a wife that teaches elementary school.   So yeah, thinking I’m just a-ok about people being murdered is incorrect.   Fuck you for thinking that 

Ok, cool hook ‘em
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

This is hilarious lol. 

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Seriously why is this so hard? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sit on your thumb and rotate bro.  Jesus.  You fucks just assume someone votes for something anytime they disagree with you.  Mother of God some of y’all can’t fucking get it that I can disagree with you and chastise you on something and that doesn’t mean I’m sitting on my couch and slobbering over Tucker Carlson every night.  Jesus Christ your fucking circle jerk logic is more exhausting than Trumps’s fraudulent ass thinking he actually won the election 

Did you and do you vote Republican? If so, this is on you and those like you and you’re OK with kids dying based on your continued support of a party that hasn’t done shit since Columbine on gun control.
  • Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Cut out the middle man and just deputize the entire district staff. 

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But hey, the 2nd Amendment guarantees his right to have military-style weapons. I'm sure he was just days away from joining that well regulated militia. Slavery was the first great stain our forefathers placed on this country. The 2nd Amendment was the next one. 

We pretend a document written 250 years ago by men that owned people is the only way we can govern ourselves. But I’m sure they knew best for us in 2022 right?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread