Epstein and Maxwell

statsman

42 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Was she bridging the line between high school and 18?

You know, in the spy movies and other adult productions, the sparrows are much hotter.  Gates is one of the wealthiest men on the planet, but I guess that doesn't account for good taste in mistresses.   

I don’t know. I think the story is- young Jeff Epstein learns that rich and powerful people can do things for you. You don’t want to work for them- they see you as a servant. You want them to like you. 
He started probing the seedy underbelly of powerful men’s illicit desires (which- oh, happy day!- aligned with his) and parlayed some big favors into a higher strata in the tower. And he kept doing that until he was arrested and imprisoned. 
When he got out, he started trying to develop a new network, and perhaps tried to use charm and wealth (although he still had the underage -I’m uncomfortable with overuse of the euphemisms- sex slaves). 
Jeff Epstein, himself, isn’t that interesting. Like with Jay Gatsby, the real story is about America and how it works. I have faith in America, though, and take comfort in knowing that despite how wealthy and connected Epstein was, his victims were able to hold him accountable. 

(Did he kill himself or was he murdered? I’m wary with conspiracies, but I could see it either way)

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

I read most of the Wall Street Journal series on Epstein a few weeks back.  They tied a lot of famous and influential people to multiple meetings with ole Jeff. What they never said was that any of these folks were there for anything other than him working on his contacts and network, and them looking for financial help for their cause, or research or whatever.  Nothing was explicitly said that any of those folks had broken the law in any way.  Almost seemed like the WSJ was gratuitously dragging them through the mud for sport.  Now, are we waiting for the other shoe to fall?  Did they all duck in to spend some time with Jeff’s young assistants?  All of course denied any wrongdoing and wished they had never met Epstein. 

Yeah, all of them had reasons for knowing and socializing with Epstein. None of them mentioned “he had all the hot young girls” as a reason. Often, they mention his charm, but the latest report of him trying to blackmail Gates didn’t sound very charming. 

• 6 months later...

Federal judge orders documents naming Jeffrey Epstein's associates to be unsealed...

A federal judge in New York has ordered a vast unsealing of court documents in early 2024 that will make public the names of scores of Jeffrey Epstein's associates.

The documents are part of a settled civil lawsuit alleging Epstein's one-time paramour Ghislaine Maxwell facilitated the sexual abuse of Virginia Giuffre. Terms of the 2017 settlement were not disclosed.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/federal-judge-orders-documents-naming-jeffrey-epsteins-associates/story?id=105779882

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

18 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I don't know why, but I feel like this is going to be a dud. 

Should be some interesting names on the list that we haven’t already seen, but everybody has also seen all of the high-profile names (Gates, Trump, etc) and don’t care and didn’t care…it’ll be big for 48 hours. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Should be some interesting names on the list that we haven’t already seen, but everybody has also seen all of the high-profile names (Gates, Trump, etc) and don’t care and didn’t care…it’ll be big for 48 hours. 

I think this.  There won't be many shocking names that we haven't known about before (most of them have already admitted their association).

2 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

disagree.  this should be ashley madison list on steroids.  

let's just wait and see.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think this.  There won't be many shocking names that we haven't known about before (most of them have already admitted their association).

I doubt anybody remembers who was on the Ashley Madison list outside of maybe Josh Duggar and a few other minor celebs/influencers, and some of those Christian bloggers/influencers/etc. that got caught up in it didn't really suffer any consequences.

Granted, this is potentially more serious because of the underage girls, but we already know that Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, Robert F. Kennedy Jr, George Mitchell, John Glenn, and a bunch of other famous people were all associated with him, and everybody (or their publicists) explained it away on social media or in interviews (or were already dead).

What might move the needle is if there is info linking the celebrities with Epstein's underage girls, such as the Prince Andrew stuff.  Then it goes from "such-and-such celebrity hung with Epstein because he had money and influence and power over people" to maybe "okay, that should be investigated."  Even then, I'm not so sure, because many people can already make the link in their minds between hanging with Epstein and being around the underage girls, and they've already lost interest or never cared.

I would really like to be wrong on this one, and that new names and actual links between the sex trafficking of minors and his buddies are revealed, but I'm not sure it will matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Who gives a shit at this point?  Much of the significant portions have been leaked already.  We know who was with him, and why.  It wasn't his winning personality.  You don't get on private jets unless you know why.  You're on a commercial flight with a sex trafficker, a guy with a kilo of drugs in his bag, or a woman who steals people's kidneys...you have plausible deniability along with 200 other people.  You get onto a private jet with a known enabler of underage sex trafficking...that's on you.  

All this list is gonna do is stir up "what about both sides-isms!"   Just people justifying certain passengers presence as "They were just discussing real estate or politics or sports or the weather!"  Just more bullshit to justify our warm embrace of ignorance and stupidity.  I'm not saying every single passenger on that manifest raped young girls.  But every single passenger on that manifest knew they were on a place with men that raped young girls.  Hell is vast, it's got just as much room for men that look the other way as it does for the men who actually engage in it.  Watching the mental gymnastics of many Texas "men" when this shit hits the fan is going to be the only satisfying part.  Otherwise it's just a tragedy of sin and most will skate.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Well yeah, he hosts a "middle America" talk show.  Being called a child rapist by a known celebrity with a big mouth and bigger audience is kind of a big deal to Jimmy's making a living.  Somebody calls you a pedophile in a bar, you hit 'em and that's that.  Somebody calls you out by name on CNN or ESPN as a pedophile, yeah---you're probably gonna have some awkward conversations at work and around the block on Monday morning.  I don't watch Jimmy and have no idea what he does or doesn't do in real life...but we have defamation/libel/slander laws in this country for a reason.  I'm sure Aaron will walk it back as "Freedom of Speech/1st Amendment Rights."  About what I'd expect from literally the dumbest person to ever attend Cal-Berkeley.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well yeah, he hosts a "middle America" talk show.

wait, you think Jimmy Kimmel is "middle America"?  lol.

Sure he came from beer chugging, chicks in tight clothes jumping on trampolines "man show", but he has done everything he can to distance himself from that time in his career.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Well I just mean that of the latenight shows, he and Fallon are kinda the "safe(r)" options.  We don't watch it and wouldn't let our kids, but it's kinda like the Carson or Leno days where you could sit with your teenager and watch it because the celebrities were big names, and the music acts were fun, and there'd be some timely references and hijinks.  That's all.  He's not everybody's cup of tea, especially mine.  But him and Fallon seem to be the go-to guys for Latenight.  It's like it was when Letterman and Conan were on and their shit was legit edgy in a funny, but thought-provoking way.  And they got guests who weren't necessarily mainstream but funny as hell.  Fallon and Kimmel get vanilla big names because they're plugged into Hollywood like that.  Anyway, story for another time.  

I wouldn't cross the street to spit on Kimmel but somebody with Aaron Rodger's big, dumb mouth calls him a pedophile on national television, bet your ass I think he should drop the legal hammer down on Aaron in a heartbeat.  Kimmel may have a few million to lose, but if the Mouse has taught us nothing in the last couple of years...it will beat you into the fucking ground and make you a laughing stock.  This is not Walt's Disney anymore.  This is a financial empire that likes making children smile and making adults withdraw  in shame.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

wait, you think Jimmy Kimmel is "middle America"?  lol.

Sure he came from beer chugging, chicks in tight clothes jumping on trampolines "man show", but he has done everything he can to distance himself from that time in his career.

If you are a broken brained moron who believes that Disney/ABC have gone “woke” then no Jimmy Kimmel is not “middle”. For everyone else he is.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This is not Walt's Disney anymore.  This is a financial empire that likes making children smile and making adults withdraw  in shame.

One problem, per the article, is they are both being paid by Disney.

Look, Its a gossipy piece of literature that was in the "sports" section of Google news as I was wasting some time this AM.  Maybe that was fed to me because I was on this thread earlier today...???

I don't really give a shit about Rodgers or Kimmel.  I actually think both are clowns.  Hopefully they stay at each others throats, or not.

4 minutes ago, elguapo said:

If you are a broken brained moron who believes that Disney/ABC have gone “woke” then no Jimmy Kimmel is not “middle”. For everyone else he is.

Nathan Fillion The Rookie Abc GIF by ABC Network

• Hook 'Em 1

Fair point, but the Kimmel "property" is worth far more to the Mouse than the Rodgers "property."  There are no shortage of ex-NFL talking-heads to put on TV to talk pigskin.  And plenty of 'em have more wit and charisma than Aaron.  What Kimmel still does on OTA/network latenight in terms of getting starpower on his couch plus big sponsors and big ratings is very important to Disney.  They'll sell out Aaron long before anybody hurts a hair on Jimmy's head.  Again, I don't get Jimmy's appeal, but I would think being labeled a pedo would be kinda harmful to his Disney real estate.  Only episode of his show I ever watched the entirety of was when he broadcast live from Austin during SXSW a few years back and we got to watch him live at the Long Center because I wanted to meet that saucy red head, Darby Stanfield from "Scandal."  

But as we've all stated above in some form or fashion, Rodgers isn't totally wrong on everything.  It's just that when he is wrong, he does that thing that is human nature-he doubles down and digs in.  Trouble is with that big microphone, that can cause serious, serious repercussions from dead elderly people to being financially eviscerated.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

only 3 names being withheld until Jan 22, rest still scheduled to be released soon... guessing will try and bury on Friday

what a joke.

There are some serious efforts to obfuscate this thing going on.

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

what a joke.

There are some serious efforts to obfuscate this thing going on.

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Well here's a guess, 2 of them are former Presidents and the other is a member of the royal family.  

Posted (edited)
Just now, BamaATL said:

Well here's a guess, 2 of them are former Presidents and the other is a member of the royal family.  

The article refers to a "she," so Hilldog maybe? Enjoyed the beach while Slick Willie was doing his thang? It also has a quote that these three are being withheld because they "did nothing wrong." I'm not following this close enough to know what the list is other than people who took the jet to the island, the vast majority of which we can assume was there for the bad stuff.

Edited by 'stache

33 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

One problem, per the article, is they are both being paid by Disney.

Kimmel is paid by Disney. Rodgers is paid by McAfee. Disney pays McAfee a global fee for his show and McAfee is responsible for the production costs. The appearance fees that McAfee pays have been controversial in some circles.

Prince Andrew seems to have already had some serious consequences to his "appetites."  I doubt the same fate will befall our two former Presidents.  /noCR---but the list is the list.  

But it reminds of the Eddie Izzard bit about genocide.  We have an understandably serious issue with it when people do it to people in other countries, but we're kind of okay with it (Pol Pot, Stalin, the Great Leap Forward) when people do it their own inside their borders.  Every foreign national on that list will be blacklisted and vilified, but every American male on that list will put people into corners to play defense and project "what-about your guy?!?!?!"  

Again, not everybody on that plane molested young girls but everybody on that plane knew some of the other passengers were up to that kinda evil.  

What's the old Epstein saying, "You fly with one child molester, you flew with one child molester.  You fly with a planefull of child molesters, you're providing cover for child molesters."