Jill Biden uses breakfast taco metaphor when talking about Mexicans

Harrison Bergeron

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

These are the same people nodding their heads in unison with dotard's talk about "shithole countries. "

It's Pavlov's Liberty Bell, you see. Since the former President is being dragged before the committee, it is beholden upon the RW media to grab as much deflection weaponry as is available, spin it into a sound bite, and then sound the 'gong' so that good Patriots will hear it and run to message boards to post about tacos and brown people and  such. Just like the commercials.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

30 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

You fuckers cost me $1,000. I mean I knew you were a bunch of racist retards, but even I didn’t think you were such idiots. I’m taking the under on mouth breather morons moving forward.

I am usually drunk when on Surly but what the fuck are you talking about? How hammered are you

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Why do I want a breakfast taco in the afternoon? By afternoon I’ve moved on to enchiladas, fajitas, or regular tacos. I don’t care if I can’t get a breakfast taco in the afternoon.

If I remember correctly, my answer included intoxication and celebration and music past dawn. Then sleep.

I didn’t know anyone under the age of 75 browsed anything in non-dark mode these days, thanks @Beau Vine

SA dwelling latino here, I don’t find Jill’s comments offensive. Just a dumb analogy. A step up from what the last president usually had to say about us though. 

Very unsurprised that no one has mentioned machacado & egg tacos yet. The best breakfast taco of all, largely unknown outside of south Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

@immamac WTF?

image.thumb.png.10451eb07d3b5ffcfe06b199efb88a5f.png

happens if you rep while the next page is loading

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Very unsurprised that no one has mentioned machacado & egg tacos yet. The best breakfast taco of all, largely unknown outside of south Texas. 

last time i had machacado tacos i was south of south texas.  i should see if i can find some around here

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I had already had a "healthy" breakfast, but my son came home from swim practice starving, so I made him two and said "fuck it, I'm having one too". If it makes you feel better, a whole second taco's worth of filling fell out of it, and I ate it with my fingers because I didn't feel like making another tortilla...because I'm even more lazy than I am fat. 

Are your my spirit animal?

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I didn’t know anyone under the age of 75 browsed anything in non-dark mode these days, thanks @Beau Vine

SA dwelling latino here, I don’t find Jill’s comments offensive. Just a dumb analogy. A step up from what the last president usually had to say about us though. 

Machacado needs to be on every menu in Texas. 2nd best imo behind barbacoa 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

What in the aggy fuck is OP attempting here

It's the old "Democrats are the real racists" trope they trot out whenever someone on the left makes a racial gaffe.

I guess it makes them feel a little better about the truth about the modern Republican Party, as told by the late Lee Atwater:

You start out in 1954 by saying, "N*****, n*****, n*****." By 1968 you can't say "n*****"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N*****, n*****"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

happens if you rep while the next page is loading

last time i had machacado tacos i was south of south texas.  i should see if i can find some around here

I think Tommy’s does them but I could be wrong. Not that Tommy’s is amazing but it’s readily available at least.

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

gringo question: is the only difference between a carne guisada breakfast taco and a carne guisada taco the time of day?

Eh, I did a rant thread on this a couple of years ago when my brisket "breakfast taco" had nothing but brisket in it -- I'd say a CG breakfast taco should have CG and eggs.

Back when I worked at UT, I'd stop at the Taco Cabana by campus every morning and get a barbacoa taco and a potato and egg taco, then take them to my office and move some of the eggs to the barbacoa taco and some of the barbacoa to the P&E taco.  

Whoa, found the thread: 

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

That is so fucking awesome.

It's a culinary masterpiece. Not only are all the ingredients magnificent (delicious carne guisada, perfectly crisp bacon, refried beans made in bacon grease wrapped in giant fresh fluffy tortilla) it's weighs about two pounds. It is about the size of a small pizza.

I haven't had one in over a decade because I am sure it wipes about 5 years off your life. But it's definitely something I would order right before the world ends.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

9 minutes ago, Covri said:

My top six breakfast tacos:

barbacoa

Migas w/ bacon

potato egg and cheese

bacon egg and cheese

bean and cheese

any other breakfast taco

Place I worked a decade ago had a cafeteria and the kitchen made migas every Friday. They also had fried potatoes. I’d make tacos with migas, fried potatoes, and hot sauce.  It was amazing every week. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

No chorizo love? Chorizo and potato and chorizo and egg are fantastic.

Yep was just going to add. Chorizo is the GOAT breakfast meat. I do love a simple migas plate and /or taco, though.

Bacon & egg (w or w/o cheese) is the most basic and boring of the breakfast tacos.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Yep was just going to add. Chorizo is the GOAT breakfast meat. I do love a simple migas plate and /or taco, though.

Bacon & egg (w or w/o cheese) is the most basic and boring of the breakfast tacos.

My main issue with chorizo is there’s a 90% chance the grease runs down my arm and makes a mess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

My main issue with chorizo is there’s a 90% chance the grease runs down my arm and makes a mess. 

More dedication! 2 bites should finish the taco before there’s a chance of that happening. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yes, my favorite breakfast taco is egg, chorizo and cheese.  I prefer to wait until lunch for barbacoa and Big Red.  But, I can be easily persuaded to have that for breakfast.  But it better be some good barbacoa.  Lot of garbage out there. 

I kind of agree here, I’m willing to gamble on barbacoa being good more though than chorizo being cooked enough though so that’s why I rank them us such. 

Just now, Covri said:

I kind of agree here, I’m willing to gamble on barbacoa being good more though than chorizo being cooked enough though so that’s why I rank them us such. 

I love barbacoa but the last time I had it, it was a little "off." Granted, it was from a Laredo Taco Company near the deer lease. It had a real musk to it.

Chorizo egg bean and chz

machacado egg and pico

pot egg bean chz

sausage egg potato chz

godfuckingdammit now I must eat breakfast tacos at 10pm. Oh well

PS OP should really look into family history to see just how many of his relatives were fucking each other and pooping out fat fucking retard incest babies

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I love barbacoa but the last time I had it, it was a little "off." Granted, it was from a Laredo Taco Company near the deer lease. It had a real musk to it.

Season 11 Reaction GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Covri said:

I like chorizo it doesn’t always like me back lol

This is my issue as well.  I pretty much need to eat it while sitting on the toilet to avoid a catastrophe. 

38 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Similar issue, but it would my butt cheeks and legs.

Edited by Hate
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Machacado isn't my favorite but my dad loves iit. Damn now I miss being in Monterrey and walking a couple streets over to the barboca and menudo lady servicing shit on wooden chairs in her front lawn. Ruined barbacoa everyelsebfor me,  the menudo was different because I like pigs feet with it but that's not common. 

• Drool 1

36 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Machacado isn't my favorite but my dad loves iit. Damn now I miss being in Monterrey and walking a couple streets over to the barboca and menudo lady servicing shit on wooden chairs in her front lawn. Ruined barbacoa everyelsebfor me,  the menudo was different because I like pigs feet with it but that's not common. 

Nothing is better for an hangover than menudo.  Also, there was nothing better than growing up in SA in the 70's and going to several menudo cook-offs a year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

San Antonio will win by pulling out a switchblade sending the Cali transplants scurrying

Actually a flat head screw driver...I've seen it my self at la semana alegre.

3 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

You fuckers cost me $1,000. I mean I knew you were a bunch of racist retards, but even I didn’t think you were such idiots. I’m taking the under on mouth breather morons moving forward.

Ttom stole your login info?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Eh, I did a rant thread on this a couple of years ago when my brisket "breakfast taco" had nothing but brisket in it -- I'd say a CG breakfast taco should have CG and eggs.

Back when I worked at UT, I'd stop at the Taco Cabana by campus every morning and get a barbacoa taco and a potato and egg taco, then take them to my office and move some of the eggs to the barbacoa taco and some of the barbacoa to the P&E taco.  

Whoa, found the thread: 

I read this in Colin Robinson’s voice. 

• Haha 2