LBGTQ

Mo Horn

We used to sing, “I’ve got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart.” “Where?” “Down in my heart. Down in my heart. I’ve got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Down in my heart to stay.”

John & Yoko sang, “All we are saying is give peace a chance.”

• Hook 'Em 1

this doesn't have to be hard. it really doesn't.
The whole thing is only challenging for people that are uncomfortable with thier sexuality and what they are working with, and fixated on what's in other people's pants. It's so much to do about mostly nothing that impacts very few people directly. Don't like some aging dude dresses up like Madonna with your brunch? Go elsewhere and SHUT the fuck up.

Also straight males are often the real groomers. "Check out that ass, look at those tits son, ooh she is bad!!" Coveting other women who are not your wife is good Christian male parenting in many circles.
(I'm a Christian)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Also straight males are often the real groomers. "Check out that ass, look at those tits son, ooh she is bad!!" Coveting other women who are not your wife is good Christian male parenting in many circles.
(I'm a Christian)

Often is an understatement 

54 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Big day today at the Capitol. Feeling ill about it. Every trans patient now comes to their visits with us in distress. A young trans woman came to her visit today telling us that a friend of hers (also trans) killed themselves two days ago. The State doesn't give a single fuck and is most likely going to forcibly detransition trans Texans and wave off the violence that ensues.

I despair

That’s what conservative Muslims do, too. American taliban, indeed.

RIP, Eden Knight. And damn whoever refused her asylum in the US.

• Like 1

This was the guy who led the effort to rid the SBC of all liberals and their godless ways. His ruthlessness resulted in the complete takeover over of the SBC by conservatives. If he is not a groomer, there is no such thing:

A sexual abuse lawsuit against Southern Baptist leader Paul Pressler may proceed, despite claims by Pressler that the statute of limitations has expired, according to an April 1 ruling by the all-Republican Texas Supreme Court.

The current ruling is only the latest turn in a years-long legal battle between Duane Rollins and Pressler, who was co-architect of the “conservative resurgence” in the Southern Baptist Convention beginning in 1979. Pressler and Paige Patterson — who later was fired as president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary for mishandling sexual abuse cases — led the charge to purge the denomination of “liberals” while rallying laypeople around the battle cry of biblical inerrancy.

As BNG previously reported, Rollins claims that after he enrolled in Pressler’s Bible study at First Baptist Church in Houston, Pressler lured the devout and impressionable 14-year-old to Pressler’s home and a private club for fondling and anal sex. He convinced Rollins to keep “our secret,” a court brief says, by telling the boy he was “special” and “no one but God would understand” their relationship.

The pattern continued throughout his high school years, Rollins alleges, sometimes as often as two or three times a month. Rollins says he turned to drugs and alcohol to cope with the mental stress, typically triggered by contact with Pressler.

By college age, Rollins was a full-blown addict with habits financed by a life of petty crime. Pressler stayed in contact with Rollins while he was in prison and twice intervened with the parole board seeking his release. The second time Pressler offered Rollins a job as a personal assistant and invited him to come along for a religious pilgrimage overseas paid for by Pressler.

Later, after filing a civil claim for assault against Pressler, Rollins received a settlement in which Pressler agreed to pay Rollins $1,500 a month as “long as the confidentiality of this agreement is maintained.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 hours ago, safe sex said:

Big day today at the Capitol. Feeling ill about it. Every trans patient now comes to their visits with us in distress. A young trans woman came to her visit today telling us that a friend of hers (also trans) killed themselves two days ago. The State doesn't give a single fuck and is most likely going to forcibly detransition trans Texans and wave off the violence that ensues.

I despair

Session after session, trans folks and their families, as well as some doctors, testify to the legislature about the facts and science regarding being transgender and the positive outcomes from treatment. Far more people testify in favor of trans rights than against, every time. The lege simply doesn't. fucking. care. Same as with abortion stuff. We need regular, ordinary people, outside of the trans community, to stand up en masse and be heard. Testify, rally, contact your reps, and all reps. Until that happens they won't see any downside to continue attacking and stigmatizing this group. It's gotten so ugly that attempted erasure and genocide are accurate terms for what they're doing. It's fucking horrifying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Satchel's post above comports with my experience growing up in the SBC.  I never actually got sexually assaulted, but I'm 99% sure that my youth pastor was working on me for awhile while I was in high school "to save my soul."  He eventually figured out I wasn't going to play with his balls and stopped asking me to go out for a ride with him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, safe sex said:

I despair

I am very sorry to read this and sorry that you have to also carry this around with you. Hope your day ended up better than expected, if possible

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, safe sex said:

I despair

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Session after session, trans folks and their families, as well as some doctors, testify to the legislature about the facts and science regarding being transgender and the positive outcomes from treatment. Far more people testify in favor of trans rights than against, every time. The lege simply doesn't. fucking. care. Same as with abortion stuff. We need regular, ordinary people, outside of the trans community, to stand up en masse and be heard. Testify, rally, contact your reps, and all reps. Until that happens they won't see any downside to continue attacking and stigmatizing this group. It's gotten so ugly that attempted erasure and genocide are accurate terms for what they're doing. It's fucking horrifying.

I'm not sure what happened today, I know there were rallies and the bills were heard in committee.  At this point I'm watching with only one eye on it the other ignoring it.  I spent years fighting it wore me out.  It's 100% true they don't give a single fuck. I think an out right ban on our existence is 50/50 at best.  could be even more probable.  it won't be a law that says "you can't be trans" but telling doctors they are pre-tort reform liable for all damages if someone detransitions is about as close as you can get to it, even though detransition is such an outlier.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Satchel's post above comports with my experience growing up in the SBC.  I never actually got sexually assaulted, but I'm 99% sure that my youth pastor was working on me for awhile while I was in high school "to save my soul."  He eventually figured out I wasn't going to play with his balls and stopped asking me to go out for a ride with him.

I said in another thread that I wasn’t going to try embedding videos from Reddit anymore because it didn’t work how I expected it to. But I’ll give it another go. I found this on the r/PastorArrested subreddit which is chock full of stories like these.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hesitate to write this. I am very skeptical of the trans movement (though I recognize that some folks are obviously trans). I am not an ally. But what is happening to you folks legislatively is not right. The function of government is not to ruin people’s lives and make them miserable (or worse). I object to the legislative animus. And I’m sorry you’re the target of it. 

I’m going to look into ways I can help your community as a lawyer. 

Is this the same "doctor" that claimed when men lose their testicles in accidents, they can no longer read maps?

JFC-if you don't think we are just coded beings inside a computer simulation, you're a fucking moron.  Sorry your pain feels real, but this cannot be happening.  

AFAIK, the original accusations levied against Sodom/Gomorrah (in ancient Jewish  texts) were that those of adultery, pridefulness, and uncharitableness and has its roots in the citizenry sticking to a harsh letter of the law approach as opposed to the idea of homosexuality (which was developed later).

Yet another example of folks who manufacture their own belief system and expect everyone else to accept that wholecloth as verifiable and true.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

AFAIK, the original accusations levied against Sodom/Gomorrah (in ancient Jewish  texts) were that those of adultery, pridefulness, and uncharitableness and has its roots in the citizenry sticking to a harsh letter of the law approach as opposed to the idea of homosexuality (which was developed later).

Yet another example of folks who manufacture their own belief system and expect everyone else to accept that wholecloth as verifiable and true.

And remember that Lot, the lone righteous man in Sodom (the action all happens in Sodom, we know what went on there, not so much Gomorrah) offered up his two virgin daughters for the unruly crowd to do with whatever they wanted so they wouldn’t rape the two men who were staying with him. Real righteous dude, that Lot. And then, after they escaped into the hills, and after Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt for looking back to see God’s destruction of the two cities, Lot’s daughters got him drunk and had sex with him so they could have children. And those were the only people in town that were worth saving? That’s quite a commentary on morality.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And remember that Lot, the lone righteous man in Sodom (the action all happens in Sodom, we know what went on there, not so much Gomorrah) offered up his two virgin daughters for the unruly crowd to do with whatever they wanted so they wouldn’t rape the two men who were staying with him. Real righteous dude, that Lot. And then, after they escaped into the hills, and after Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt for looking back to see God’s destruction of the two cities, Lot’s daughters got him drunk and had sex with him so they could have children. And those were the only people in town that were worth saving? That’s quite a commentary on morality.

I have it on hood authority that his daughters probably weren’t even virgins. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

More so disparity of wealth, with the wealthy wholly unconcerned for the plight of the poor, according to Ezekiel. The rich would not hear the pain of the poor, but God did, so He killed them all.  Further, the story of Lot includes the specter of gang rape, which hatefully became equated with homosexuality.  

Edit: as usual, WTB was on point immediately.

Edited by Willfully Horn

12 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

I hesitate to write this. I am very skeptical of the trans movement (though I recognize that some folks are obviously trans). I am not an ally. But what is happening to you folks legislatively is not right. The function of government is not to ruin people’s lives and make them miserable (or worse). I object to the legislative animus. And I’m sorry you’re the target of it. 

I’m going to look into ways I can help your community as a lawyer. 

You won't do shit except continue to vote for everyone who enables this legislative behavior.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

You won't do shit except continue to vote for everyone who enables this legislative behavior.

This.

You have an entire political movement for whom the cruelty -- a cruelty that knows no bottom and has no limits, and is escalated LITERALLY daily -- is the entire point of their existence.

If you vote for them, you enable them.  Period.  Full stop.  If you want Shitty People Mandating Shitty Things to stop doing that, then you absolutely have to stop choosing to put them in the position to do those Shitty Things.  Anything less than that, and you are an active participant and supporter of their cruelty.

You don't get to vote for the Nazis and say "look, I don't like the whole thing about exterminating the jews - that's bad, and I'm gonna do what I can to help you guys out" and think that means a single goddamn thing.  If you wanted the Nazis to not kill jews, then the only rational thing to do would be to deny them/remove them from power.  

Things are truly horrific.  But rest easy -- they are going to get a LOT worse.  The cruel people have told us so.

• Hook 'Em 8

9 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The gay community is next, then mixed race couples, then shit probably single white men who didn't reproduce. I'm not even joking here. These fucking lunatics are going as far as we let them.

I feel like the LBGTQ stuff is just a trial balloon being floated out there.  When Clarence Thomas and others started talking about contraception and interracial marriage after their abortion win, I think we got a solid whiff of where things are going.  Combine that with the Republicans not going out of their way to distance themselves from white supremacist organizations, the CRT/"woke" crap, the replacement theory bullshit floated by Tucker Carlson and MTG and others, and yeah, unfortunately the LBGTQ folks are just one hurdle or trial balloon for wherever these people are headed.  Not that they don't hate the LBGTQ folks, they despise them and clearly want them either "converted" or dead, but the LBGTQ stuff is just the first step for wherever they are headed, and they are polishing their messages and their means with the attacks on the LBGTQ folks for whatever the long term plan is.

But there is a certain amount of greediness that kicked in after the abortion win, and there is also a certain amount of desperation that seems to be in play, as if they think this is their last chance at pulling this bullshit evilness off.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I feel like the LBGTQ stuff is just a trial balloon being floated out there.  When Clarence Thomas and others started talking about contraception and interracial marriage after their abortion win, I think we got a solid whiff of where things are going.  Combine that with the Republicans not going out of their way to distance themselves from white supremacist organizations, the CRT/"woke" crap, the replacement theory bullshit floated by Tucker Carlson and MTG and others, and yeah, unfortunately the LBGTQ folks are just one hurdle or trial balloon for wherever these people are headed.  Not that they don't hate the LBGTQ folks, they despise them and clearly want them either "converted" or dead, but the LBGTQ stuff is just the first step for wherever they are headed, and they are polishing their messages and their means with the attacks on the LBGTQ folks for whatever the long term plan is.
But there is a certain amount of greediness that kicked in after the abortion win, and there is also a certain amount of desperation that seems to be in play, as if they think this is their last chance at pulling this bullshit evilness off.

They’ve absolutely told you what they’re coming for. They are going at what the think is the “easiest” target first because it’s the smallest group.
They’ve told you that they are coming for everything else. All of it. Believe them.
Contraception.
Interracial marriage.
Forced religious education and obedience.

This is a naked fascist authoritarian movement and party we’re dealing with. The resistance to that should include every legal and political avenue available. But it won’t be enough. Because they have already made it clear they won’t be restrained by those things.
This ends in violence and blood. As this game always does.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

100% correct. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

They’ve absolutely told you what they’re coming for. They are going at what the think is the “easiest” target first because it’s the smallest group.
They’ve told you that they are coming for everything else. All of it. Believe them.

If you go back in time to those posts prior to RvW even hitting the docket, those topics were under discussion on Surly because of the pace at which Trump was appointing judges. The judge shopping that they've been doing with abortion access since RvW was overturned is likely to be followed with subsequent challenges with each of those laws that they wish changed. Anyone who thinks Clarence Thomas will have some sort of epiphany due to his own marriage is delusional. Greg Abbott's epiphany was to change the laws so that no one benefits in the same way he did. The laws apply to 'other' not to the ruling class.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just remember, before they came for the Jews, the Intellectuals, the Dissenters, the Gays, the Crippled, the Infirm, the Gypsies, the Artists, and the Communists.  The first population liquidated were the Stupid.  The Irony remains stronger than ever.  Get the least desirable among you to self-identify and you'll have a 4-day weekend, every week.  these people are going to murder one another, and we are all going to lose someone we know.  

On 3/15/2023 at 7:10 PM, troph said:

unpacking from our move and I'm down to the last boxes inside including all my sentimental stuff (no I'm not sharing nude pics of my ex or my current wifey), but in making sure I store them how I want to I came across a sufi prayer that I saved....  all this vitriol and all this hate directed at my people... here's the truth:

When there is peace in the heart,

there will be gentleness in the person,

When there is gentleness in the person,

there will be fairness in the nation.

When there is fairness in the nation,

there will be peace in the land.

We have no peace in the land and an entire group of people who claim to be a peace loving God fearing bunch are killing us.  There is a verse in Philippians I believe that says the Peace of God passes all understanding, and I recall singing a song in Royal Ambassadors in the Southern Baptist Church that goes something like this... "I’ve got the peace that passes all understanding down in my heart, where? Down in my heart to stay..."

I'm as close to that peace as I've ever been despite the external onslaught. But I see no evidence of that peace in the hearts of these Christians, I only see crusaders who want to kill and destroy.

I just want peace.  that's all I want, that's all we on our side want.  that's really it. 

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.“

I could be wrong but I do not believe the vast majority of us want you or anyone else like you to suffer or feel shame or feel like it’s hard to breathe just to get up in the morning. I am treading on a dangerous slope when I say I do not think people born as biologically male should be in the same category as biological women athletes. They absolutely should not. My whole life I have heard that women are the same as men and we should be accepted for any position. The main impetus for that was keeping women out of male dominated careers. There is a biological difference between us…there just is and no amount of genetic therapy or whatever makes us similar. I’d just rather a third category. That’s just me. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.“

I could be wrong but I do not believe the vast majority of us want you or anyone else like you to suffer or feel shame or feel like it’s hard to breathe just to get up in the morning. I am treading on a dangerous slope when I say I do not think people born as biologically male should be in the same category as biological women athletes. They absolutely should not. My whole life I have heard that women are the same as men and we should be accepted for any position. The main impetus for that was keeping women out of male dominated careers. There is a biological difference between us…there just is and no amount of genetic therapy or whatever makes us similar. I’d just rather a third category. That’s just me. 

Gee thanks?  

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1