Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Imagining the average Aggie fan cheering for Quanell X Farrakhan Jr. fills my heart with unimaginable glee.

Imagine a guy named after 2 prominent members of the Nation of Islam and Black Panthers choosing to play at aggy.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Imagine a guy named after 2 prominent members of the Nation of Islam and Black Panthers choosing to play at aggy.

Yeah, but aren't there rumors that one killed the other?

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Imagining the average Aggie fan cheering for Quanell X Farrakhan Jr. fills my heart with unimaginable glee.

if they land this recruit, it will absolutely end up with some old ag having a heart attack and dying.

• Drool 2

55 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If this kid was a 5 star I'd still be cheering for him to go to college station. That being said, pretty sure his Dad is all about the grift, so having his kid play in a racist shithole for money probably is his best case scenario. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't think he's named after Malcolm X.  There's actually a prominent Houston based activist named Quanell X

image.png.b1c4e5c9d0c2b6be0a1dc4bc4c9e3d20.png

Tell me sir, where you do you think Quannell X filched the X from in HIS name?  Pretty sure this is Quannell X's kid, man. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tell me sir, where you do you think Quannell X filched the X from in HIS name?  Pretty sure this is Quannell X's kid, man. 

Just "Pretty sure" that Quannel X Jr. is the son of Quannel X ? Are you waiting on the DNA test to come back, just to be certain. 

Fathers Day Dance GIF by The Maury Show

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I have NEVER...EVER....EVER... wanted a recruit to attend a university more than this. I would pay nearly 4 figures to watch this kid sit in front of the Sul Ross statue with his father and get lectured on the history of Sul Ross

2c6d5634-6633-4491-9328-d1dd9ea67cde_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought Quanell X was Quanell IX's son and that his son would be Quannell XI. I was never good with Roman numerals.

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sorry, I didn't do full genealogy review.  But my assumption would be if he is a "Jr." he is named after his father, not Malcolm X. 

Who his father based HIS name on is irrelevant.

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Sorry, I didn't do full genealogy review.  But my assumption would be if he is a "Jr." he is named after his father, not Malcolm X. 

Who his father based HIS name on is irrelevant.

...except it's entirely relevant to the conversation at hand, Captain Pedantry

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

...except it's entirely relevant to the conversation at hand, Captain Pedantry

How so?

Malcolm used the "last name" X as a replacement for what he considered to be his slave name.  Others have followed suit.  That doesn't mean they are naming themselves after Malcolm X.  It just means they were inspired by Malcolm X.

There's a huge difference.  If you can't see that you're either being intentionally obtuse, or don't understand the basic concept.  It's essentially the same as saying, "I am Spartacus".

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

image.gif.1e2d8cba16dd4b0e0c24d546b6f289bc.gif

My issue is that the whole discussion is utterly humorless. But people can't just shut the fuck up.

This went from something comical regarding aggies to something most of us don't give a shit about and don't find interesting. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My issue is that the whole discussion is utterly humorous. But people can't just shut the fuck up.

This went from something comical regarding aggies to something most of us don't give a shit about and don't find interesting. 

Why do you hate Roman numerals?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/29/2024 at 10:07 AM, DixonHur said:

I don't think he's named after Malcolm X.  There's actually a prominent Houston based activist named Quanell X

7 hours ago, DixonHur said:

How so?

Malcolm used the "last name" X as a replacement for what he considered to be his slave name.  Others have followed suit.  That doesn't mean they are naming themselves after Malcolm X.  It just means they were inspired by Malcolm X.

There's a huge difference.  If you can't see that you're either being intentionally obtuse, or don't understand the basic concept.  It's essentially the same as saying, "I am Spartacus".

The X is a Nation of Islam thing, it was never exclusive to Malcolm.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

According to texags, this past weekend was his first ever visit to aggy.

Also of note, aggy spring game is same day as ours.

But only one school will count the W in that game in their final season totals. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...