Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Is his football IQ where it needs to be? 

It’s not. It might be there on paper/in meetings, but he’s far from processing during games. I think he needs at least another year in college to see more reps. Going pro too soon would be like missing senior year of high school - it’s going to stunt his development

• Hook 'Em 2

Anyone who believes that is idiotic. 
Also not being talked about enough is that incredible touchdown pass he threw to Worthy. Perfect pass, right in stride, tight window, bullet. It was incredible. 

That was a dime. Those throws were actually what I expected him to do consistently, based off the hype.

He does seem to not trust what he sees out there sometimes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

It will be interesting to hear the official word, but I'll be shocked if its a broken collarbone. I had one and I had to be put on a stretcher and taken to the ambulance. I couldn't even stand up. Thinking someone could go back in a game and play is mindboggling. 

Yes. Me too. For a chick with tiny bone frame I have high tolerance to pain and I broke my collarbone doing something innocuous (certainly just a freak accident) and there’s no way I could attempt to use my arm.

I screamed and vomited when I broke mine.

IMG_1444.jpeg

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m not a doctor and didn’t stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but if they are doing an MRI today that would lead me to believe they are looking for something other than a fracture.

But are you a doctor of neighborhood? 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It helps with recruiting, so you should

Them doing well in the pros helps, but us being emotionally invested in their pro careers doesn’t.  I’m in the “Wish them well and smile if I noticed they are doing good things” camp but I’m not actively following any of them and don’t care too much.  Of course I feel the same about recruiting. I want us to have good players but not to the point I want to follow it and keep track of that shit.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m not a doctor and didn’t stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but if they are doing an MRI today that would lead me to believe they are looking for something other than a fracture.

They know if it’s fractured already or not.  They would’ve done an X-ray at the stadium.  MRI looking for an AC sprain/SC sprain or any kind of abnormality with rotator cuff tendons, labrum or neck (nerve compression or something to that extent) I’d guess.  But yeah, not particularly looking for a fracture via MRI. 

Yeah man, guys on here don't understand what they are looking at. The way that defense works is they plug up inside the tackles and force you to run outside where their force players are. Now a good interior O-line can punish them if they can handle their NT one v one but Majors was getting mauled by their guy. So now you have to double and that takes away the numbers advantage you have.
  Sometimes, regardless of rankings, you are a perfect match for a team that you should be superior to. They have good receivers, an air raid, and a QB who can get it to them. You have a slow secondary, and lack a natural pass rush. Their best defensive player is their NT. You are weak in the interior. It just fits. Now you hope that you can jump on them early, but if you play with your food at all they are the kind of team that can cause you trouble.

Also…Holgro may be flawed in numerous other ways, but the fucker is a savant at identifying a weakness in game and exploiting it. That’s why 16 got more camera time yesterday than hopefully he does for the rest of his life…
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

One thing Quinn isn't is a pussy.  I saw the play at the end of the 3rd.  He put his head down and welcomed the contact, while probably already dinged, because it was 2 yards short of the 1st down and he wanted to pick it up.  Gutsy play by a guy looking to make a winning play.

I really like Quinn.  He's definitely growing on me.  He is tough, wants to win, and you can see him figuring it out and growing up.  He's still young.  He would probably benefit by another year coming back, but I don't know if the team would in the long term.  Hope he's back by Kansas State at least. 

Yep.  He’s not like Gabriel at OU.  I think I saw that wuss slide five or six times yesterday against UCF and early too.  Sliding should not be held against a defender if he makes head to head contact.    I despise that when it’s called because WTH is the defender supposed to do mid tackle.   

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, honolulu horn said:

Quinn is hitting 70% of his passes and has something like 18 TDs and 3 INTs. Texas is 6-1 for the first time in I don't know how long. Our only loss was in the waning seconds to a top ten team due to a combo of poor coaching, shitty defense, and penalties. Sure, there are plenty of places for improvement but Quinn has led us to a great season so far. People clamoring for MM will get their wish soon enough -- I hope to hell we win without Quinn but I have my doubts.

Same. And for all Quinn's stats and what you say I think there is greatness in him. We’ve seen up and down and goodness from him this year imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Quinn is hitting 70% of his passes and has something like 18 TDs and 3 INTs. Texas is 6-1 for the first time in I don't know how long. Our only loss was in the waning seconds to a top ten team due to a combo of poor coaching, shitty defense, and penalties. Sure, there are plenty of places for improvement but Quinn has led us to a great season so far. People clamoring for MM will get their wish soon enough -- I hope to hell we win without Quinn but I have my doubts.

Murphy is almost certainly a significant downgrade at the position in almost every way, but my god did y'all clock the velocity on that first pass he threw at Mitchell? Off target but the zip made Jeff George blush.

4 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Murphy is almost certainly a significant downgrade at the position in almost every way, but my god did y'all clock the velocity on that first pass he threw at Mitchell? Off target but the zip made Jeff George blush.

If I understand correctly, you’re saying he’s going to knock some defenders unconscious when he hits them in the back of the head.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

One thing Quinn isn't is a pussy.  I saw the play at the end of the 3rd.  He put his head down and welcomed the contact, while probably already dinged, because it was 2 yards short of the 1st down and he wanted to pick it up.  Gutsy play by a guy looking to make a winning play.

I really like Quinn.  He's definitely growing on me.  He is tough, wants to win, and you can see him figuring it out and growing up.  He's still young.  He would probably benefit by another year coming back, but I don't know if the team would in the long term.  Hope he's back by Kansas State at least. 

26 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.  He’s not like Gabriel at OU.  I think I saw that wuss slide five or six times yesterday against UCF and early too.  Sliding should not be held against a defender if he makes head to head contact.    I despise that when it’s called because WTH is the defender supposed to do mid tackle.   

I love Quinn, but the play was dumb. Taking on a linebacker a full two yards short against Cougar High versus the prospect of your team playing without you for multiple weeks. Poor decision. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

I love Quinn, but the play was dumb. Taking on a linebacker a full two yards short against Cougar High versus the prospect of your team playing without you for multiple weeks. Poor decision. 

Exactly. Low IQ play.