Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

9 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Anyone who places blame on the 2nd half squarely on MM, and not the awful secondary, the awful punter protection, the awful ball protection, or the awful playcalling, needs a lobotomy.

He missed throw after throw after throw. Not squarely on him, but if you don’t think he’s the reason Kansas st was in the game idk what the fuck to tell you. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Anyone who places blame on the 2nd half squarely on MM, and not the awful secondary, the awful punter protection, the awful ball protection, or the awful playcalling, needs a lobotomy.

1 out of about every 5 balls he threw were potential interceptions.  2 out of every 5 were grossly inaccurate or short hopped.

He puts basically any game we play against any opponent at risk.  He's playing as bad as any QB I have seen at Texas.  As bad as Swoopes.  As bad as Gilbert.  His play so far makes Case McCoy's play look brilliant.

He may very well improve.  It won't be at Texas.  He will have to transfer.  Good thing for him is it seems that a lot of QBs who look like shit while young can end up playing good to great football.  Bo Nix, DJ Ugalalei, Haynes King, etc.

• Hook 'Em 5

39 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Did you not watch Malik literally almost fuck us out of a win? We win or everything  Texas set out for as a goal this year is out the window. If Quinn can play and play well then he needs to fucking play. If he gets hurt again? Oh fucking well… then it’s Malik’s turn. 

you don’t bring the starter in to save you after you are down 14 on the road. Then you look like a fucking idiot for not playing him from the start. 

Wow some deep thought there...  Where do I say wait until he's down 14 to pull him? 

I am more about protecting Quinn and assuming we will not fumble, and have a blocked kick deep in our own territory.  i do expect numerous no calls from the Refs on holding and interference against us.  If you think it was Maalik that nearly lost the game, you have to think he is playing every fucking position Which is not the case.

But if Quinn gets hurt, and re-injuries are nearly always worse, then we have fucked ourselves but good.  I guess I can't only look at the bad, without seeing some of the good.  

I also remember Ewers last year, as a point of reference.  I also remember McCoy going down, and having our reciveres not able to handle accurate but too hot passes against 'Bama. But don't let that stop the simplistic analysis! 😉

1 hour ago, Hard Times said:

Yes, it was a team effort in how to fuck up, but this video doesn't lie.   Thanks Codaxx

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ykz6mfj7mte9astzts0

50 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

1 out of about every 5 balls he threw were potential interceptions.  2 out of every 5 were grossly inaccurate or short hopped.

He puts basically any game we play against any opponent at risk.  He's playing as bad as any QB I have seen at Texas.  As bad as Swoopes.  As bad as Gilbert.  His play so far makes Case McCoy's play look brilliant.

I was thinking during the game that I can't believe I would prefer Case Fuckin McCoy to the shit I was watching.  Case could at least herpy derpy his way to 1st downs.   Case at QB wins last week by 4 TDs

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

If Quinn is day to day, it would be stupid to play him this weekend, IMHO.

Simply as while Maalik has been inconsistent as hell, he's also had flashes of brilliance.  If you NEED Ewers because the game is going ot shit then OK, but if not let him rest and get all the way back rather than potentially risk re-injury and having only one backup once again.

If Ewers is really ready to go, I still start Maalik and introduce some QB runs/scrambles into the mix.  Having a known quantity in Quinn behind him ready to go might allow Maalik to get more experience and reduce greatly his unforced errors.  I mainly just want to have two healthy QB's with some experience.  As crazy as that fucking sounds!

You Are Dumb Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 4

Wait a gosh darn minute.... Grandy's is still in business?  And their website says there's one about 4 blocks from my office (walking distance, albeit head on a swivel) in downtown Dallas?  

Ewers talk is good.  But, now I've got to go get some of those biscuits.  The last Grandy's I ate at was in Weatherford, off of I-20, at least 25 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, turtlepond said:

Wait a gosh darn minute.... Grandy's is still in business?  And their website says there's one about 4 blocks from my office (walking distance, albeit head on a swivel) in downtown Dallas?  

Ewers talk is good.  But, now I've got to go get some of those biscuits.  The last Grandy's I ate at was in Weatherford, off of I-20, at least 25 years ago.

Get yo ass down to the Tunnels!

image.thumb.jpeg.5aacd93dff78fd09f70e0d2fd88c8f15.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Fuck me... that brings back memories of ...

the late, great BLUE FRONT RESTAURANT.

Owned by a German family, 5 or 6? sisters worked there ,during lunch would sing songs in German.  IT was greatness.

https://lakewood.advocatemag.com/blue-front-ii/

There was a decent German restaurant in Frisco off Stonebrook run by a cool family that had pretty decent German food.   Shut down because every fat fuck up here just wants chips and salsa and a “skinny” margarita.   The New Mexican place is meh.  

7 hours ago, horn4life said:

If Quinn is day to day, it would be stupid to play him this weekend, IMHO.

Simply as while Maalik has been inconsistent as hell, he's also had flashes of brilliance.  If you NEED Ewers because the game is going ot shit then OK, but if not let him rest and get all the way back rather than potentially risk re-injury and having only one backup once again.

If Ewers is really ready to go, I still start Maalik and introduce some QB runs/scrambles into the mix.  Having a known quantity in Quinn behind him ready to go might allow Maalik to get more experience and reduce greatly his unforced errors.  I mainly just want to have two healthy QB's with some experience.  As crazy as that fucking sounds!

Why would you put in QB runs for the worst runner at the position on the team? Malik can’t run well. This has been known for a long while but people are still saying it, smh.

7 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

Why would you put in QB runs for the worst runner at the position on the team? Malik can’t run well. This has been known for a long while but people are still saying it, smh.

It was known beforehand. But that we have 2 weeks worth of watching him make Tom Brady look mobile now and someone STILL said it is amazing.

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

It was known beforehand. But that we have 2 weeks worth of watching him make Tom Brady look mobile now and someone STILL said it is amazing.

I didn't see it, but apparently even Urban mentioned wanting to run him on the big noon show.

Last thing I want is to put someone who is already turnover prone into a position they clearly aren't comfortable in. 

11 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

There was a decent German restaurant in Frisco off Stonebrook run by a cool family that had pretty decent German food.   Shut down because every fat fuck up here just wants chips and salsa and a “skinny” margarita.   The New Mexican place is meh.  

There’s several in Fredericksburg. 
We like this one…

9DC032F2-B93E-4147-98F6-7D4F22F5B42C.jpeg

BE3977D1-DEC5-4EB4-9FA8-2830C4DBFC74.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I didn't see it, but apparently even Urban mentioned wanting to run him on the big noon show.

Last thing I want is to put someone who is already turnover prone into a position they clearly aren't comfortable in. 

Yep….

he needs no running plays.

yet when a hole so large that Joe Namath  in his last nfl  game could hobble  it for extra yards, then gosh dang it Maalik, hobble on through it!