Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, troph said:

I said it wasn’t a good look. I know plenty of guys who can’t quit 30+ years after they started. Lost a client to throat cancer after he first lost half his face to surgery. Dude couldn’t talk and couldn’t stop drooling all over himself. Then he died when cancer came back. So yeah, not a fan. 

I feel like most people quit whenever they don’t have to be around their fraternity brothers anymore. It eventually becomes an “only at the ranch” thing if it ever continues.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I feel like most people quit whenever they don’t have to be around their fraternity brothers anymore. It eventually becomes an “only at the ranch” thing if it ever continues.

A 6mg Zyn* on the back 9 will take your game to an entirely different level….of suckass

*this is not official medical advice

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Best I’ve seen him look and the Quinn we all thought.  Even the bonehead pick but 452 yards and 4 tds. Sark and Quinn had a game plan. 

Sark and Quinn will eat every team in the top 4 alive. Only question is secondary. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

After today's performance, Quinn moved up the draft board..

Draft position was only one of the considerations. His group believes he hasn't played enough ball to have a long successful career in the NFL. 

The Pete Thamel tweet was very telling there. His play to end this season will only make his offseason hype that much greater. He could be a top 5 projected pick going into next year.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Draft position was only one of the considerations. His group believes he hasn't played enough ball to have a long successful career in the NFL. 

The Pete Thamel tweet was very telling there. His play to end this season will only make his offseason hype that much greater. He could be a top 5 projected pick going into next year.

They have mentioned the 25 starts thing, but if he gets to the Championship game he is at 23. I am not sure 2 starts will hold him back. I think this situation is fluid. 

I think the 2 QBs that are definitely ahead of Ewers are Maye and Williams. JJ McCarthy was listed as #3 on some boards, but in the last few games Ewers has shown more than McCarthy. Truthfully, he has been well hidden in that offense, and I would be very hesistant to take him that high. Is being the #3 QB a good enough spot to go? I think it is. 

Ewers isn't the only who has to think hard about this. Worthy has to as well. This next draft will be just a monster year for WRs. Worthy isn't going to crack the Top there, but given his size, maybe he never will. But the class following this one will not be as good and his stock should implicitly go up

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

first game of his career i’ve missed. been at a funeral all day. not gonna lie, when i stepped out and checked and QE had 4 TDs in like the first 20 minutes i said, “shit. does this mean i’m not allowed to watch the playoffs?” cuz i will do that shit. whatever it takes! 

and yeah, it sounds like it was an unbelievable day for QE and the whole team really. can’t wait to get home and catch the highlights. 🤘🏼 

I’m sorry for your loss. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

first game of his career i’ve missed. been at a funeral all day. not gonna lie, when i stepped out and checked and QE had 4 TDs in like the first 20 minutes i said, “shit. does this mean i’m not allowed to watch the playoffs?” cuz i will do that shit. whatever it takes! 

and yeah, it sounds like it was an unbelievable day for QE and the whole team really. can’t wait to get home and catch the highlights. 🤘🏼 

all day? fuck, did y’all have to dig the fucking hole? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

and yeah, it sounds like it was an unbelievable day for QE and the whole team really. can’t wait to get home and catch the highlights.  

Highlights aren’t good enough. Find a full replay/stream or that shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

One of the best hitters of all time?

I remember Dodd Johnson at a camp when I was in high school telling everyone about how they shouldn’t dip but then following it with “but man it gets me focused and can see the ball so much better when I hit with a dip in”. 

RIP

I feel like he made more shit happen for himself and the team today than he ever has before, in terms of buying more time with awareness and getting to second and third reads. Some good scrambling too.

Dude balled the fuck out today. In the most consequential game of his career.

Minus like 2-4 bad throws, one of which was really bad.

This offense is so dangerous with him on like this.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I remember Dodd Johnson at a camp when I was in high school telling everyone about how they shouldn’t dip but then following it with “but man it gets me focused and can see the ball so much better when I hit with a dip in”. 

I played for Dodd for two seasons right before high school. Funniest dude I've ever spent time around, and was really the first time I started to realize that while I was a good baseball player, I did NOT have a future in the sport because those dudes are just different.

We were chatting one day about a bunch of nothing while warming up. I asked Dodd "hey, what was your major when you were at UT?" He doesn't miss a beat and replied "pussy."

He stayed in touch with several of the guys from that team well after we all quit playing. Truly a nice guy. God rest his soul. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

If Quinn doesnt run back out on the field missing only 1 play after he got hurt late in 3Q yesterday, we maybe wouldn't be celebrating today

🤘🤘🤘

Was just about to post this. We had the game won at that point, and if Sark had pulled Quinn, we coulda been thrown into the same category as FSU - i.e., an injured starting QB. 

Ewers is a trooper. Also, had he stayed on the sidelines, the Pros would be that much more leary of drafting him high. Now, the fact that he has taken us to the CFP makes me reconsider whether he'll go pro. His stock is up. If he has another great game or two, someone just might be willing to take him in the top 3 or 4 QBs. Might be too much money for him to sneeze at. We can move onto Arch Madness.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch