Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

No way anyone goes before a QB that has franchise potential in the NFL. They will squint and try to find it and overdraft QB before they will bypass upside. I suspect by the end of 2023 it Won’t be particularly close between Ewers and Williams, as the arm and accuracy and skills in the pocket are so much more important than running ability, but yeah- that’s probably the guy that’s closest to in the running with him. 

It just depends on the team drafting. The Jags wouldn’t have taken any QB in this past draft even if there was a Williams/Ewers type talent available. If Ewers continues to produce, doesn’t have a huge turnover issue, and stays healthy, he’s likely a very high pick and the 1A/1B QB prospect along with Caleb Williams.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It just depends on the team drafting. The Jags wouldn’t have taken any QB in this past draft even if there was a Williams/Ewers type talent available. If Ewers continues to produce, doesn’t have a huge turnover issue, and stays healthy, he’s likely a very high pick and the 1A/1B QB prospect along with Caleb Williams.

If there is a legit franchise QB avaiiable, and you already have one of your own, you trade down and stockpile picks.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It doesn’t depend on whose drafting though. If there’s a franchise talent at the top of the draft at QB then Jacksonville would trade down in about 3.8 seconds before they’d take a LT or something bc they “are good” at QB. Pick woumd. D super coveted and definitely traded. 

19 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Think of 2004-2005 without VY, but having Chance Mock as QB both years, then imagine not having Quinn but Card for the next two years. Texas would have never got past Mangino's Kansas, or tOSU in the Horseshoe, would have never played for a National Championship. Quinn is that important. Card isn't gonna put you in a NY6 Bowl. With a year under their belt, Quinn,  the OL, and the defense will be in the CFP next year, with a good chance to win it all. He is a difference maker on the level of VY and Colt. If the defense struggles, he will just put up enough points to win. If the team keeps improving, I could see them going to the Conference Championship against a team we have yet to play and beat, with a good chance of beating them again in the Championship.

CHIEF

I am worried about the defense next year. Really, need to hit the portal. Yes, the offense will be unstoppable, but I don't want to be OU where the offense needs to win shootouts every Saturday.

We will need at least 2 DT and 2 LB. I think the secondary will be ok with we only lose Cook and Jamison to graduation.

Barron is becoming a star, Gilbeau is playing well. You have Thompson playing at an all-conference level and Crawford will replace Cook. Watts will have boundary corner locked down and then you have Brooks, Johnson, Jordan, Ibraheem, and Muhammed competing for field.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I am worried about the defense next year. Really, need to hit the portal. Yes, the offense will be unstoppable, but I don't want to be OU where the offense needs to win shootouts every Saturday.

We will need at least 2 DT and 2 LB. I think the secondary will be ok with we only lose Cook and Jamison to graduation.

Barron is becoming a star, Gilbeau is playing well. You have Thompson playing at an all-conference level and Crawford will replace Cook. Watts will have boundary corner locked down and then you have Brooks, Johnson, Jordan, Ibraheem, and Muhammed competing for field.

Let’s finish this year before we worry about next year. Keep winning, keep looking competent and defensive players in the portal will be knocking on our door 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

X needs to be drinking' two of the large banana cream pie milkshakes per day, they are about 1500 calories each. He might be playing at 200 lbs. next year.

CHIEF

He will never be over 200 lbs as a football player. He doesn't have the frame for it. He will struggle to put on 10 lbs.

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If Quinn doesn't get hurt against Alabama, it is very likely this team is undefeated, ranked in the Top 5 and QE is a heisman candidate. He completely changes this offense.

We would have beat Bama by double digits, and then set Tech and WV on fire. We might be ranked #1 right now. 

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I don't think we'll be seeing Ibraheem anymore.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

If Quinn doesn't get hurt against Alabama, it is very likely this team is undefeated, ranked in the Top 5 and QE is a heisman candidate. He completely changes this offense.

A huge part of undefeated seasons are injuries and luck. That Ohio State kicker doesn't miss that kick in 2005 or VY gets injured and that season is merely good and not great.

Sometimes the football gods are not with you. But this year it is about winning the Big 12 anyway. I don't know if we are ready for Georgia or Ohio State or whomever yet anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

A huge part of undefeated seasons are injuries and luck. That Ohio State kicker doesn't miss that kick in 2005 or VY gets injured and that season is merely good and not great.

Sometimes the football gods are not with you. But this year it is about winning the Big 12 anyway. I don't know if we are ready for Georgia or Ohio State or whomever yet anyway. 

I don't disagree at all, just saying, we could be in a much better place than we are.

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Quinn could very likely be a Heisman candidate by season's end. 

I probably wouldn't bet on that, but the few guys who will lead the Heisman discussion haven't emerged as a group yet, and the kid is getting a ton of love, so it's possible there's an opening there for him to go through omg a beto ad just covered up my typing

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Lots of Quinn love...

Always enjoy Klatt.  CJ Stoud is averaging 4.49 pts per drive this season and is considered the best offensive player on what is also considered the best offense in college football.  Quinn is averaging 4.5 pts per drive.  Klatt is like: Is that good?  Haha. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Stroud has already thrown for 1,700 yards and 23 TDs to 3 picks. Quinn is at 600/6/2. I'm not really seeing any way that Quinn would have a chance unless he starts throwing 500/5TDs a game, Texas wins out, tOSU drops a couple games, and Stroud plays considerably worse. 

So, I guess...

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

There's also the Georgia pledge trainer and Lincoln's pet project over there in LA to compete with - and maybe to a lesser extent DJ and Hooker. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Stroud has already thrown for 1,700 yards and 23 TDs to 3 picks. Quinn is at 600/6/2. I'm not really seeing any way that Quinn would have a chance unless he starts throwing 500/5TDs a game, Texas wins out, tOSU drops a couple games, and Stroud plays considerably worse. 

So, I guess...

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

There's also the Georgia pledge trainer and Lincoln's pet project over there in LA to compete with - and maybe to a lesser extent DJ and Hooker. 

Yah, it's a tall task, but if he continues to ball out, being "mentioned" in the conversation would be possible. I don't think there's any way he's a finalist or anything. 

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, it's a tall task, but if he continues to ball out, being "mentioned" in the conversation would be possible. I don't think there's any way he's a finalist or anything. 

He won't be in NYC, but even being mentioned as sort of a dark horse will give him Heisman-talk momentum leading into 2023. 

• Hook 'Em 3

If we win out, he’ll be in the conversation. The emerging perception is that his presence takes us from just decent to great.

Heisman is the MVP, hence why quarterbacks win it more than not. They’re the most important position on a team. If our QB causes us to win out, win the CCG, be in the conversation for a CFP spot (I’m basing that off some national media people making noise), our only losses being when he was injured, and we continue to curb stomp lesser competition, Quinn will absolutely be in the Heisman conversation.

I’m not holding my breath for any of that. I think we drop at least one more game. I think UT getting to the CCG means the big 12 has as much parity as it currently appears, and a couple 2 loss teams are battling it out.

With that said, Quinn will be a preseason 2023 Heisman favorite.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet