Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Just now, wood said:

Yep. I was telling my kid at the game that he already has the mental aspect nailed. When he develops more consistent touch and accuracy, he's gonna be one helluva headache for the D.

He still throws some WTF throws. Not unexpected given his experience, but something he needs to improve on. ISU plays good defense. This is going test Ewers above the shoulders. I am really looking to see how he performs vs this test and glad it is a home game 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Another great throw was the great sideline catch by Bijan. Ewers is one of the best I've seen at throwing on the move to his left which will be incredibly valuable for not shrinking the playbook when we on the right hash. 

Yeah, that was spectacular. That's either an INT or thrown out of bounds 99% of the time. We haven't had a QB who can make that throw in a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

The man knows his mismatches and who his weapons are

Yep. Quinn's got some VY and some Colt in him. He understands the game, knows what he can do, and knows what his teammates can do. Then he just lets it all play out, as if it's not even really on him to put it all together ... like he's just watching it happen.

I'm really glad to see y'all validating what I was seeing out there yesterday & telling my kid, because the stuff I was telling him is stuff I just don't say much about QBs, because so few have those attributes, especially QBs with only 5 quarters under their belts (coming in).

This is the kind of shit that's gonna bleed over into his teammates. He's like VY in the Cotton Bowl when he's told OU knows the play. "So? We're gonna run it anyway". Then ...

denzel-washington.gif

• Hook 'Em 7

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Another great throw was the great sideline catch by Bijan. Ewers is one of the best I've seen at throwing on the move to his left which will be incredibly valuable for not shrinking the playbook when we're on the right hash. 

I remember that throw. Ewers made me do the “NOOO, YESSS!” Coach reaction from my couch. I couldn’t believe he fit that in 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Another great throw was the great sideline catch by Bijan. Ewers is one of the best I've seen at throwing on the move to his left which will be incredibly valuable for not shrinking the playbook when we're on the right hash. 

3rd and 6. JUST over the defender, right into Bijan. The body control and hands on Bijan's catch was equally insane.

Just two Canton-bound talents making everyone else look silly.

Edited by Rimbo
Canton, Cooperstown, some shithole on the northeast, I don't know
  • Hook 'Em 5

What amazes me is how effortless his throws are. I am not sure who the last college QB I have seen have that much zip on throws with it looking so easy in the windup and release.

There we’re 2 or 3 long throws during the game that were on a rope that looked like he was just goofing off playing in the backyard on a lazy afternoon.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

What amazes me is how effortless his throws are. I am not sure who the last college QB I have seen have that much zip on throws with it looking so easy in the windup and release.

There we’re 2 or 3 long throws during the game that were on a rope that looked like he was just goofing off playing in the backyard on a lazy afternoon.

Listening to radio this am and they described it "looks like he's a shortstop throwing" 

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn’t take the time to appreciate something yesterday because I was lit by gametime, and I had a birthday celebration to attend to the rest of the day. Watching the highlights, Quinn Ewers runs this offense like he’s teaching it. It looks effortless. And then, after the first JT Sanders TD, before the camera could focus back on Ewers, he was already at the sideline, helmet on the top of his head. Those were just the highlights. In the 4th, the mullet was dry when he was on the sideline. He didn’t break a sweat and didn’t play like he had an elevated heart rate. Can’t teach that. It’d be very to see what a heart monitor on him was like during the game. He was unfazed by EVERYTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

Elway maybe?

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

3rd and 6. JUST over the defender, right into Bijan. The body control and hands on Bijan's catch was equally insane.

Quinn is throwing more wow throws in one game than 90% of college QBs throw in their entire career.  Crazy to watch.  

• Hook 'Em 2

How long will he stay for real? Just one legit season with a chance to run the table (next year)? I can’t imagine arch being this good this fast tbqh. This kid is a freak. 

Assume that but with NIL he can make some serious scratch in college so he may not feel the need to rush off to the nfl. Kid loves Texas
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Elway was an outfielder.  Ewers is like a young Dan Marino who was a shortstop.

Yeah I couldn't remember him looking as easy and smooth as Ewers, but he was the first big-arm guy who popped into my head.

And yeah, Marino is a much better comparison.

Edited by wood

17 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Assume that but with NIL he can make some serious scratch in college so he may not feel the need to rush off to the nfl. Kid loves Texas

He gave up his senior year of high school and a great shot for a state championship for some nil money that required him to move to Columbus, OH and not play.  I can't see him allowing sentimentality to delay his entrance to the nfl.  Which sucks.  At least the next 1.5 seasons should be a great ride.

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

He gave up his senior year of high school and a great shot for a state championship for some nil money that required him to move to Columbus, OH and not play.  I can't see him allowing sentimentality to delay his entrance to the nfl.  Which sucks.  At least the next 1.5 seasons should be a great ride.

He was gonna get the NIL money whether he returned here or not though.

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

3 minutes ago, wood said:

He was gonna get the NIL money whether he returned here or not though.

There’s no immortality in a high school title there is winning the college national title especially at schools like Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

YARN | If do right, no can defence. | The Karate Kid (1984) | Video clips  by quotes | dec659fd | 紗

That throw was coming right at me.  My buddy and I just looked at each other with jaws dropped.  That was incredible.

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

JT Sanders, through 6 games, is third in Texas history for TD's in a single season among TE's.  Behind Pat Fitzgerald with 8 (1995) and David Thomas 6 (1998).

wat

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The thing about that TD besides the spectacular throw is how the formation and pre-snap motion sets up the gap/conflict that Sanders and Ewers exploit.  You can see it all right there on that video.

Definitely.  the way Sark used motion throughout the game was masterful.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, WBT said:

the 10 blond in the brown top that shoved her phone in some doofus' hands and forced her selfie opp on a befuddled QE tells me he doesn't yet understand what awaits him this spring in west campus

2 hours ago, stork642 said:

Quinn is throwing more wow throws in one game than 90% of college QBs throw in their entire career.  Crazy to watch.  

NFL QBs don't do this that consistently.

Any other QB throws those, you'd call them "ill-advised." But Ewers makes them, right where the receiver can get it and the defender can't, consistently.

Couple that with his speed in reading the field, going through his progressions (remember: FRESHMAN IN HIS THIRD START)...

I've never seen anything like it.

4 hours ago, troph said:

How long will he stay for real? Just one legit season with a chance to run the table (next year)? I can’t imagine arch being this good this fast tbqh. This kid is a freak. 

Murphy can bridge the gap

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

What's nice is Bijan talking about it after.

"He ain't gonna throw it he ain't gonna throw it.. OH HERE IT COMES"

Quinn just smiling like yeah 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The thing about that TD besides the spectacular throw is how the formation and pre-snap motion sets up the gap/conflict that Sanders and Ewers exploit.  You can see it all right there on that video.

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Definitely.  the way Sark used motion throughout the game was masterful.

On the 2nd Sanders TD, I completely called it as I watched X and Whitt start with Sanders on that side and they both motioned to the other side.  I don't know shit about offensive schemes, but I said out loud, "they're leaving Sanders one on one".  Then, BOOM.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

Elway was an outfielder.  Ewers is like a young Dan Marino who was a shortstop.

nothing like Marino to me.  Marino always had his feet set when he threw, always the same motion, he was roboQB before Aikman was roboQB.  Ewers is like Aaron Rodgers, different arm angles, feet not set and still throws effortlessly.

• Like 1

Think of 2004-2005 without VY, but having Chance Mock as QB both years, then imagine not having Quinn but Card for the next two years. Texas would have never got past Mangino's Kansas, or tOSU in the Horseshoe, would have never played for a National Championship. Quinn is that important. Card isn't gonna put you in a NY6 Bowl. With a year under their belt, Quinn,  the OL, and the defense will be in the CFP next year, with a good chance to win it all. He is a difference maker on the level of VY and Colt. If the defense struggles, he will just put up enough points to win. If the team keeps improving, I could see them going to the Conference Championship against a team we have yet to play and beat, with a good chance of beating them again in the Championship.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

YARN | If do right, no can defence. | The Karate Kid (1984) | Video clips  by quotes | dec659fd | 紗

Watch again and look where Sanders is when Ewers releases the ball. It’s the ole if the receiver is even he’s leavin that coaches try to teach. If Ewers is a half a second later that ball is picked or batted away by the deep guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, cochamps said:

Come on without, come on within; you ain't seen nothin like the Mighty Quinn.

Not a fan of the song or Manfred Mann, but this deserves some love.

8 hours ago, cochamps said:

Come on without, come on within; you ain't seen nothin like the Mighty Quinn.

Not a fan of the song or Manfred Mann, but this deserves some love.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet