Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

On 10/28/2023 at 10:26 PM, ztejas said:

@immamac hey can we get a sanction here - me and @Jewish Wang both send you $200 - you send the winner $400.

Bet is Texas -7.5.

Looked like you were gonna run away with it early but then that shit happened. I cannot believe we won. It doesn’t feel like it. Whatever elation I felt after Wednesday night, it’s the total opposite now. @immamac

6 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Last year in highschool one of arch's best qualities was his ball control, he very rarely had negative plays and basically never turned it over. Hes gotta be better at managing a game late than murphy who is unfortunately a turn over machine. Arch can play every game now and still redshirt.

And it COULD be worse. MM made some great throws in the first quarter and then fell apart. I’m not sure Arch comes in and performs better right away. His competition level was subpar in high school. 

2 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Looked like you were gonna run away with it early but then that shit happened. I cannot believe we won. It doesn’t feel like it. Whatever elation I felt after Wednesday night, it’s the total opposite now. @immamac

Was the bet sanctioned I'd be happy to pay you. Not sure that ever happened. 

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If Maalik was even slightly a threat to run, a lot more windows would open up for him. He's very athletic so its baffling he's not capable of running

It's not just being a threat down to down but 0 scrambles for a 1st through two weeks is concerning. On thr 1st INT he appeared to have a free 1st if he just took off. 

Maalik played a great first half. I think a lot of things spiraled once we got that no call PI on worthy. He was nails for most of the first quarter… struggled some in the second half, a lot of which was his own doing, but he was not terrible today for a backup qb. We did win against a top 25 team (and yeah, the defense gets most of the credit, I know). What are y’all really bitching about 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Was the bet sanctioned I'd be happy to pay you. Not sure that ever happened. 

You called for it last week and challenged me aggressively, saying MM was better than QE. I accepted. Everyone saw. You called @immamacfor it to be “sanctioned”. I’m not sure why that’s necessary. But if you want to welch, I’m fine with that. It’s $200. I don’t care. But, you’re welching 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Maalik played a great first half. I think a lot of things spiraled once we got that no call PI on worthy. He was nails for most of the first quarter… struggled some in the second half, a lot of which was his own doing, but he was not terrible today for a backup qb. We did win against a top 25 team (and yeah, the defense gets most of the credit, I know). What are y’all really bitching about 

His feet break down when he has to go through his progressions. He makes horrible decisions when plays break down. He has moments of brilliance, but you can't rely on that level of inconsistency,

His bad feet led to the same poor accuracy he showed in high school. Arch must be pretty bad to not get a look

7 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

He had 2 bad INTs and easily could've had 2-3 more.

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

It's not just being a threat down to down but 0 scrambles for a 1st through two weeks is concerning. On thr 1st INT he appeared to have a free 1st if he just took off. 

1st int wasn’t his fault. It was Cook’s or just an unlucky play. His 2nd pick was as bad as his INT last week and he should’ve thrown 2 more. He had a great 1st quarter and was spectacularly bad after that. He was worse, overall, than last week, albeit against a better opponent.  But what struck me is the lack of any progression from Start 1 to Start 2. His talent is clear, but when he loses confidence, his mechanics and decision making go to absolute shit. It was basically a repeat of last week, with higher highs in Q1 and lower lows the rest of the way. 

Just now, Jewish Wang said:

You called for it last week and challenged me aggressively, saying MM was better than QE. I accepted. Everyone saw. You called @immamacfor it to be “sanctioned”. I’m not sure why that’s necessary. But if you want to welch, I’m fine with that. It’s $200. I don’t care. But, you’re welching 

I mean, first of all, you're a fucking dumbass. Of the highest order. You're a dick-ass poster that doesn't move shit.

Second of all, yes, I was hammered and threw a # out there. 

Third of all, this is the internet. There's no way for you to realistically hold me accountable without getting the owner of the site involved. 

I @ed him. He didn't respond. That's that. 

I would happily pay you $200 if some argeement was established but there was none. 

Sucks to suck. 

• Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

His feet break down when he has to go through his progressions. He makes horrible decisions when plays break down. He has moments of brilliance, but you can't rely on that level of inconsistency,

His bad feet led to the same poor accuracy he showed in high school. Arch must be pretty bad to not get a look

Once KSU stopped blitzing and playing bump and run outside the easy reads were over. That was a stupid game plan. They had 0 ability to win 1 on 1 vs X and Mitchell. Bama made that mistake vs Quinn in start 2. Difference being KSU was blitzing early and also getting minimal pressure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You act like Junípero Serra High was all world.

Better than private school. The problem with MM isnt his HS competition level. It’s his total lack of experience that unfortunately only gets remedied with experience. Similar to Quinn, actually, but Quinn has significantly more talent. At this point, I’d like to see Arch too, but he’s not the answer in an 8-1 year with no experience. We must get a healthy, executing Quinn back to have a chance at the conference. 

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers