Game Week West Virginia

Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT said they don’t think Worthy’s injury is serious but they aren’t sure yet if he’s playing this week. Same with Ojomo.

Ewers took about 25% of the reps in the team portion of practice last week and they expect that to increase this week.

Wells thought Quinn would start last week.

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I guess different places track sacks differently. But the box score on Texas Sports has us down for 1 sack against UTSA and 2 sacks against Tech.

Yeah I’m not sure how PFF really works or the grades for that matter.

I will say it was amazingly frustrating to see us 1 step from a sack only to have a completion made across the middle. 

58 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

This is like a remarkably awful thing

I made a comment to friends watching the game with me that Texas is always 1/2 step away from making the play. This goes for both Off and Def. This stat seems to confirm my statement at least for Def.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

He did? When did he say that? IT was pretty hush hush on the QB situation all week.

It wasn’t Wells it was closetojumping that said Ewers was starting. Dude is wrong the majority of time yet no one calls him out. Just bc he posts multiple paragraphs with shit we can’t verify and most of it ends up being wrong, people here still treat him as an insider. 

16 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

It wasn’t Wells it was closetojumping that said Ewers was starting. Dude is wrong the majority of time yet no one calls him out. Just bc he posts multiple paragraphs with shit we can’t verify and most of it ends up being wrong, people here still treat him as an insider. 

😲

image.gif.fd11c8f6188b05f526c87078454602e3.gif

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

serious colonel GIF by South Park

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/25/2022 at 2:14 PM, redswingline said:

I'm fully aware of what happened yesterday, but you have to realize, that was tech's super bowl. That was the best they can possibly play in a game. just like kansas st played their super bowl yesterday vs. blo-u - they had a lot more at stake, emotionally and were preparing for that game for a month.

wvu is in shambles and we get them at home. different matchup, different emotions and different outcome.

We will win.

We are going to allow another average to horrible QB to have acareer day and Tim Brando to give slobbery wet kisses to.  Bank on it.  

Early prediction: WVU 35 Texas 24

WVU has a better QB and probably a better defense. They should be able to tire out the D again after the first half, and they have more film on Card and the O line to get pressure and disrupt any offensive flow. Without Worthy, Card has no targets his horribad deep underthrows can get caught by. 

Last year this team quit. Frankly until they show they won’t, I expect the same. A resounding win would go a long way to solving that thought, but I am skeptical we have the coaching and heart to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

3ieqls.jpg?a462240

13 hours ago, Fud said:

The SP+ update has Texas at #11, at at #7 on offense, and #33 on defense. Reminder that it had us at #86 on defense at the end of last year

Preseason: 22, 8, 51

Post Week 1: 18, 8, 47

Post Week 2: 16, 7, 40

Post Week 3: 14, 8, 35

Post Week 4: 11, 7, 33, 

Special teams have also been trending upward. He didn't have pre-season rankings for it, but so far they've gone from rankings of 100, 85, 61, and 45

Ultimately Sark still has to figure out how to situationally win games or none of this matters, but these numbers are trending the right direction. 

I can understand it. The Texas offense has a lot of explosive plays during the game, and the Texas defense doesn't give up a lot of explosive plays, they are just bad at not tackling in space and recognizing down and distance. The offense is really boom or bust.

Man our WR room is back to last year quickly.

Edited by HtownHorn

Speaking of our WR room, what would Brennan Marion say he does here? Our WR's have been practically invisible. First WR touchdown of the year was Saturday. The only thing they've done routinely is drop passes that hit them in the chest and come up short in big moments.

Go go offense, guy's a genius, blah blah blah. Where are the results?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Speaking of our WR room, what would Brennan Marion say he does here? Our WR's have been practically invisible. First WR touchdown of the year was Saturday. The only thing they've done routinely is drop passes that hit them in the chest and come up short in big moments.

This  major regression with the WRs

2 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

They are open, they are dropping passes, they are also missed by errant throws from Card.

8 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

1 player on the team has a drop this year and it’s the same one who struggled with drops last year too despite a great year.

We have played 16 quarters this season and 12 of them have been with a backup QB. Our #2 receiver suffered an injury in August and our #1 missed 3 quarters on sarueday.

We’ve been robbed of 3 offensive possessions due to pick 6’s and a surprise onside. 

We are throwing to the TE more than we ever have because we actually have a good one this year. We are throwing to the backs more because we have 3 good ones.

The first TD on Saturday was a go-go set.

We have plenty of mouths to feed on this offense so I guess apologies we aren’t forcing the ball to Casey Cain and Tarique Milton more to make our receiver stats look better.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Whittington has looked good. Hope he returns next year. Milton made a great catch to get us in fg range, made me wonder why he doesn’t get more opportunities. Hall hopefully gets going soon. I guess Omeire is a thing of the past? Is Worthy only capable of running straight? 

11 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Early prediction: WVU 35 Texas 24

WVU has a better QB and probably a better defense. They should be able to tire out the D again after the first half, and they have more film on Card and the O line to get pressure and disrupt any offensive flow. Without Worthy, Card has no targets his horribad deep underthrows can get caught by. 

Last year this team quit. Frankly until they show they won’t, I expect the same. A resounding win would go a long way to solving that thought, but I am skeptical we have the coaching and heart to do it. 

They like to play ball control but it’s with their big running back.  When he is stopped they’ve had some trouble moving the ball.  Stopping the run is critical in this game and that’s something we’ve been pretty good at.   This QB is good but not as mobile so the pressure can have an impact this week.   They do have a big fast receiver who has hurt people.  The game plan we used against Tech is actually better suited to this game and if we execute it the same way I don’t see them scoring 35 points. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

You know that is card throwing to them, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

1 player on the team has a drop this year and it’s the same one who struggled with drops last year too despite a great year.

We have played 16 quarters this season and 12 of them have been with a backup QB. Our #2 receiver suffered an injury in August and our #1 missed 3 quarters on sarueday.

We’ve been robbed of 3 offensive possessions due to pick 6’s and a surprise onside. 

We are throwing to the TE more than we ever have because we actually have a good one this year. We are throwing to the backs more because we have 3 good ones.

The first TD on Saturday was a go-go set.

We have plenty of mouths to feed on this offense so I guess apologies we aren’t forcing the ball to Casey Cain and Tarique Milton more to make our receiver stats look better.

Going to be interesting to see what adjustments Texas makes. 

Will Flood make a change, because WV is going to take 8th year Senior and 35 year old Stills and match him up with Hutson. 

Can Texas find a deep threat. JWhitt struggled with separation down the field. Hall is Worthy clone to me, so can Marion get him ready? 

If Ewers plays, I would throw money on JT Sanders as the leading WR. 

With a full roster, does PK experiment with Tapp and Burke on the edge to see if they can generate some pass rush?  

14 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

At least tag him so he can see this and feel compelled to eviscerate you publicly.  @closetojumping

If Quinn is >75% healed, we need him to start this game. If we roll out the ultra limited Card offense again they are going to stack the box all game and we’ll see our defense on the field for 80+ plays. This is a completely different team with Quinn at the helm. Two consecutive losses going into OU may be enough to break them mentally again.