2022 World Series Thread - Phillies v Astros

tx 3 putt

Yeah this game is unfun right now. My astro misery tanks are depleted.

Makes sense, the second they start winning you disappear like a fart in the wind.
Yeah this game is unfun right now. My astro misery tanks are depleted.

Javier dominating a game should seem familiar though.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

That quote from Rosenthal earlier seems insane, about how the Astros signed Javier, Vasquez and 2 other good prospects for a combined  $140K. I'm sure the guys coming out of the Latin countries are on the cheap but that seems really cheap for that type talent. I'm sure someone can shed some more light on this.

so i think i've figured out that helobious and quagmire hate the astros more than they like themselves.

i'm completely confused by s.o.2.0 because i thought he was a mariners fan but he seems to run the rangers thread as well which seems...odd.

zepol is a hard core rangers rep machine as his nfl jersey wearing friend vic.

beau is doing his super volatile emotional state thing where he explodes from 0 to 100 with the hate with no background on why which would connote....red sox fan? 

god damnit i cannot believe i share rooting interests with fucking icono.  you have no idea how fucked a thing that is.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

That quote from Rosenthal earlier seems insane, about how the Astros signed Javier, Vasquez and 2 other good prospects for a combined  $140K. I'm sure the guys coming out of the Latin countries are on the cheap but that seems really cheap for that type talent. I'm sure someone can shed some more light on this.

Latin American players sign as 16/17 year olds. Every year each team only has a pool of 2-5 million $ to sign international prospects. Teams usually have under the table deals in place with prospect handlers or coaches for the most promising kids as young as 14/15, so when they turn 16 they’ve already long known who they’re signing with. You can either throw almost all of it at one highly touted prospect (Yankees signing Jasson Dominguez for $3 mil a couple years ago) or sign a bunch of lesser known prospects for cheaper amounts. Sometimes those lesser known ones really pan out, like Javier.

• Hook 'Em 2

Latin American players sign as 16/17 year olds. Every year each team only has a pool of 2-5 million $ to sign international prospects. Teams usually have under the table deals in place with prospect handlers or coaches for the most promising kids as young as 14/15, so when they turn 16 they’ve already long known who they’re signing with. You can either throw almost all of it at one highly touted prospect (Yankees signing Jasson Dominguez for $3 mil a couple years ago) or sign a bunch of lesser known prospects for cheaper amounts. Sometimes those lesser known ones really pan out, like Javier.

Post reported
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, sidis said:

i'm completely confused by s.o.2.0 because i thought he was a mariners fan but he seems to run the rangers thread as well which seems...odd. 

MLB fan, Rangers first. Why does any of this bother you? Your team has a fucking no-no going, & you’re worried about others? Amazing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Did you just say something positive about an Astro? Stockholm syndrome?

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

MLB fan, Rangers first. Why does any of this bother you? Your team has a fucking no-no going, & you’re worried about others? Amazing. 

Bother. Lol, no. Just reading the primary contributors to the thread and understanding context of contributions. 

two things at once and all that. Enjoying this game a lot more than last night. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

pxp guy tried so hard to jinx that. wow. unbelievable pitching performance. javier set the tone, and the bullpen followed. awesome experience to get to witness that. 

Favorite thing about Javier is that in today's game he can dominate without ever going over 93.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol at that “history”. That’s not a legit no hitter whatsoever. It needs to be one guy doing it.

Dumb. Everyone is aware it's different than a complete game no hitter. It's still special

Edited by B00M
The game was still 88% white in 1956, the umps were trash, anything accomplished in today's game is more legit