The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If that's the voice you're hearing when you wake up handcuffed to the bed then you have made some very poor life choices

Like you're someone to judge.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If that's the voice you're hearing when you wake up handcuffed to the bed then you have made some very poor life choices

AS IF YOU WOULD KNOW-- oh, wait. OK.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought I was making the right choices at the time, but you know, Everclear can lead you down a bad road.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, WBT said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/05/23/texas-gop-matt-rinaldi-republicans/

I'm still surprised how cheaply those 2 shitbirds were able to buy Abbot and the party.  I keep thinking there will be a Rinos strike back at some point.

There won't be.  The Nazi party will never de-Nazify.  Stop hoping that it will.

Stop hoping that Repuglicans will ever come to their senses.

Stop hoping that ANYTHING will appeal to the "better angels of their nature."

Just.  Fucking.  Stop.

They are full-on, 100% committed to fascism.  It is all they are.  There is not an atom of anything else remaining.  There is no bringing them back, no reforming them, no "they'll eventually come around."  They are intent on hurting, punishing, and flat-out destroying everyone who doesn't agree with and support them 100%.  It's a fight to the death, that's what they've chose.  The only question you need to answer is which death you'd like it to be, theirs or yours?

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wish I could honestly say I'm surprised that there's still anyone thinking in 2024 the sane GOP will take back over, but a refusal by most normal people to face reality no matter how hard it slaps them in the face is how the fascists always take power. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 5/8/2024 at 10:46 AM, LCHorn said:

Unfortunately Paul’s lack of endorsement is only worth one vote.

paul-ryan-new-girl.gif

Jesus, this episode was 8 years ago. I didn't think we would still be dealing with Trump nearly a decade later.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/05/23/texas-gop-matt-rinaldi-republicans/

I'm still surprised how cheaply those 2 shitbirds were able to buy Abbot and the party.  I keep thinking there will be a Rinos strike back at some point.

What's truly sad is that a well-run and properly resourced Texas Democratic party would be in an ideal position to capitalize on this.  They clearly need a Ben Wikler type who recruit county chairs and grab onto rural voters pissed off about vouchers.  I doubt there's enough of those to matter in local races but they could be a big factor in a close state race. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WBT said:

I keep thinking there will be a Rinos strike back at some point.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

There won't be.  The Nazi party will never de-Nazify.  Stop hoping that it will.

Stop hoping that Repuglicans will ever come to their senses.

The only thing they hate worse than libtards is losing to the libtards.

Think about all of the Republican on Republican attacks we've seen over the last year, complete with the House Speaker batshittery.  

When Trump loses again, shit will go down within the GQP - either it will be vicious and brief and Trumpanzees will be purged from leadership positions, or they'll try to give Trump a pseudo-victory lap, with the understanding that he and his family is out of power.  They aren't going to let a Trump hang around and emptying the RNC coffers for another four years after he loses this November - the down-ballot Republicans will revolt.  He will be the first Republican in a while to have his term book-ended by 8-year stretches of Democrats in the White House.  And the BMDs ain't going to let one of his sons, whether it's Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum, take over.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

Think about all of the Republican on Republican attacks we've seen over the last year, complete with the House Speaker batshittery.  
When Trump loses again, shit will go down within the GQP - either it will be vicious and brief and Trumpanzees will be purged from leadership positions, or they'll try to give Trump a pseudo-victory lap, with the understanding that he and his family is out of power.  They aren't going to let a Trump hang around and emptying the RNC coffers for another four years after he loses this November - the down-ballot Republicans will revolt.  He will be the first Republican in a while to have his term book-ended by 8-year stretches of Democrats in the White House.  And the BMDs ain't going to let one of his sons, whether it's Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum, take over.

Dude. You’re adorable.
Nobody whose name isn’t “Trump” has any say. None. Not a word. Why? Because ALL GQP voters are tied to him with a bond greater than “worshipper to their god.” Betrayal of Trump loses those voters…and those voters are all the GQP has. There is no party without Trump and his supporters.
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude. You’re adorable.
Nobody whose name isn’t “Trump” has any say. None. Not a word. Why? Because ALL GQP voters are tied to him with a bond greater than “worshipper to their god.” Betrayal of Trump loses those voters…and those voters are all the GQP has. There is no party without Trump and his supporters.

Those MAGA voters better start coughing up the bucks then, to make up for corporations, etc. that start funneling all of their money into the winning party.

When Biden wins again, that will be 8 years of Obama, 4 of Trump, and 8 of Biden.

That's never happened in the history of the Republican Party as we know it.

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's never happened in the history of the Republican Party as we know it.

And it's only happened to the Democratic Party once, with Jimmy Carter.

Most parties get their shit together when they lose 2-3 terms in a row.  

Other than kinda Ross Perot in 1992 and Wallace in 1968, we haven't seen a party faction break/realignment in this country for well over 150 years.  It may be time, I dunno.  

But they sat in rooms for 20 years trying to figure out how to maintain power, improve turnout among younger voters, Latino voters, female voters.  And they were on the brink.  They knew it.  You all think their morons,  but there's still smart people in those rooms.  And they knew that time and demography were not on their side.  They pondered messaging and social media campaigns and their own version of "Rocking the Vote."  And one man brought out 20-25mm people who were either non or irregular voters.  And he assured them that they mattered, that they're time had come to have a seat at the table of power, and that he could get back what had been unjustly taken from them.  

There'll always be straight ticket, chamber of commerce, country club (insert political cliche here) GOP voters.  And they'll stick this out and steer the party back on course or break away and do something different.  But these party leaders say one thing in public, but they aren't the idiots you think they are.  When 2032 elections come around after demography/census/redistricting occurs, they have to have the 20-25mm ultra-MAGA voters and their money.  They cannot sustain the model without them and their resources.  They will continue to pay fealty, sometimes fake & sometimes genuine, to the Trump God & Family.  

We are going to have a very strange next 8 years in this country as those people die off or lose interest.  It is a drug kick most of you cannot possibly fathom.  A charismatic man assured them their hatred and disconnect and lack of respect was all coming to an end if they'd just hand over a ballot and $50/month.  For they believed he was the way, the life, and the truth.  The rest of the party can run through machinations but that drug high for that bottom 20-25mm MAGA loyalists.  You can't win shit if you stop slinging them their dope for the next 8 years.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The messaging for a loss has been hammered into magadiots for four years.

stollen election

Come Nov 6, the cult will say dotard didn’t lose regardless of the results.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GenXer said:

Come Nov 6, the cult will say dotard didn’t lose regardless of the results.

And Trump will fundraise off of it, and Fox News will rake in the revenue (to pay off their lawsuits) as more pissed of MAGA tune in.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Other than kinda Ross Perot in 1992 and Wallace in 1968, we haven't seen a party faction break/realignment in this country for well over 150 years.  It may be time, I dunno.  

Yeah, over the last 32 years, we've had 12 years or Republicans and 20 of Democrats.  Obviously you could go back further (92 and earlier) with Bush Sr. and Reagan, but I'm talking about just since the baby boomers moved into power and have dominated politics, and since they vote heavily these days.  We've had more years of Democrats than Republicans so there's something there (and you could probably look at things like the economy and what Republicans do it, etc.).  Trump's going to push that streak out to 12 years of (R) and 24 years of (D).

Will that lead to a realignment of the Republican Party? It will definitely lead to a realignment of corporate donations, and we have Republican factions sounding the alarm about Trump fucking things up for every Republican (even if those factions are being shit on by MAGA).

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And Trump will fundraise off of it, and Fox News will rake in the revenue (to pay off their lawsuits) as more pissed of MAGA tune in.

These are the days of our lives

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, over the last 32 years, we've had 12 years or Republicans and 20 of Democrats.  Obviously you could go back further (92 and earlier) with Bush Sr. and Reagan, but I'm talking about just since the baby boomers moved into power and have dominated politics, and since they vote heavily these days.  We've had more years of Democrats than Republicans so there's something there (and you could probably look at things like the economy and what Republicans do it, etc.).  Trump's going to push that streak out to 12 years of (R) and 24 years of (D).

Will that lead to a realignment of the Republican Party? It will definitely lead to a realignment of corporate donations, and we have Republican factions sounding the alarm about Trump fucking things up for every Republican (even if those factions are being shit on by MAGA).

Of those 32 years how many of them saw one party in control of the House, Senate and White house?    I know Trump's first two and Biden's first two, but beyond that I'd be guessing.   

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Of those 32 years how many of them saw one party in control of the House, Senate and White house?    I know Trump's first two and Biden's first two, but beyond that I'd be guessing.   

Clinton, Obama, and Biden each had two years at the beginning of their presidencies.

Bush had four years after 9/11 (rally around the flag), and Trump had two at the beginning of his.

image.png.307724a457a46957172afaefe368d1fb.png

• Hook 'Em 5

On 5/23/2024 at 6:07 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Just like how Hot Wheels’ big money donors are going to reign him in.  Any day now, right?

On 5/7/2024 at 9:45 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Says the guy who, when Kevin fucking McCarthy said in 2016 that he thought Putin was paying Trump, urged his Republican colleagues to keep the allegation private and said, “What’s said in the family stays in the family.” Funny he should presume to talk about character now. Fuck him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

34 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Says the guy who, when Kevin fucking McCarthy said in 2016 that he thought Putin was paying Trump, urged his Republican colleagues to keep the allegation private and said, “What’s said in the family stays in the family.” Funny he should presume to talk about character now. Fuck him. 

Agreed, but it is one level above Nikki Haley. Astonishing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 6:07 PM, atomheartbevo said:

When Trump loses again, shit will go down within the GQP -

Inshallah he loses again, but as of right now we need to planning contingencies for a second Trump presidency, because despite the GOP being in turmoil there’s about an 80% chance that Trump pulls about 280-300 electoral votes in pretty clear fashion. Operating under a different assumption as of right now is just whistling past the graveyard. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Inshallah he loses again, but as of right now we need to planning contingencies for a second Trump presidency, because despite the GOP being in turmoil there’s about an 80% chance that Trump pulls about 280-300 electoral votes in pretty clear fashion. Operating under a different assumption as of right now is just whistling past the graveyard. 

I can tell people I’m going to win the lottery,  but unless I buy a ticket there’s no chance I will.

He’s just done a rally in the Bronx, in a state he will not win.  Way too many of his rallies are not true campaign rallies, but instead legal defense fundraisers, because too many are in states that he will either easily win or easily lose.   He’s spending too much of his free time golfing or bitching on a social media platform his fans aren’t using.   There are battleground states that he should be spending weeks in, and when he bothers to do a rally in them, it’s to fly in and then quickly fly out.

I know he hates his fans and most of the battleground states, but shit, he should at least spend a week or two here and there canvassing those states..  Except that would cost money, and even though it’s campaign money, he considers it his money so he won’t put his money or time into it.  And avoiding those states or refusing to help the down-ballot folks hurts him and them - look at the financial clusterfucks some of these states have with their Republican organizations  that impact their ability to GOTV at the local level.

Multiple times a year, for the last 20+ years, I have to make trips to West Texas, East Texas, and North Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Missouri to visit family and friends, so it’s been easy to notice the amount of public enthusiasm over the years for various Republican candidates.  The public lack of enthusiasm for Trump is extremely noticeable now versus 2020.

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can tell people I’m going to win the lottery,  but unless I buy a ticket there’s no chance I will.

He’s just done a rally in the Bronx, in a state he will not win.  Way too many of his rallies are not true campaign rallies, but instead legal defense fundraisers, because too many are in states that he will either easily win or easily lose.   He’s spending too much of his free time golfing or bitching on a social media platform his fans aren’t using.   There are battleground states that he should be spending weeks in, and when he bothers to do a rally in them, it’s to fly in and then quickly fly out.

I know he hates his fans and most of the battleground states, but shit, he should at least spend a week or two here and there canvassing those states..  Except that would cost money, and even though it’s campaign money, he considers it his money so he won’t put his money or time into it.  And avoiding those states or refusing to help the down-ballot folks hurts him and them - look at the financial clusterfucks some of these states have with their Republican organizations  that impact their ability to GOTV at the local level.

Multiple times a year, for the last 20+ years, I have to make trips to West Texas, East Texas, and North Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Missouri to visit family and friends, so it’s been easy to notice the amount of public enthusiasm over the years for various Republican candidates.  The public lack of enthusiasm for Trump is extremely noticeable now versus 2020.

I sit squarely in the middle of Trump Country, Texas.  If there were flags in 2020, there likely are flags now.  But yard signs are definitely in short supply.  I think it would be generous to say that 25% of people who didn't go for another Trump yard sign this year might not secretly vote for him or sit out the election in November.  I hope it's a higher number.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The public lack of enthusiasm for Trump is extremely noticeable now versus 2020.

This is a good take and you're right, but my sense is that the people who were enthusiastic about supporting Trump in 2020 see it as a grim duty in 2024.   My high school shop teacher used to love Trump. He had a yard sign in 2016 and 2020. No sign this year. Nowadays he says Trump is a cad and a liar, and that he's turned off by Trump's "boorish" behavior, but he's voting for Trump because he was "strong for America" and is the right man to "get this country back on track" and "we can't take any more" of Biden. He also voted for Obama twice. 

I'll be thrilled if I'm wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is a good take and you're right, but my sense is that the people who were enthusiastic about supporting Trump in 2020 see it as a grim duty in 2024.   My high school shop teacher used to love Trump. He had a yard sign in 2016 and 2020. No sign this year. Nowadays he says Trump is a cad and a liar, and that he's turned off by Trump's "boorish" behavior, but he's voting for Trump because he was "strong for America" and is the right man to "get this country back on track" and "we can't take any more" of Biden. He also voted for Obama twice. 

So much this. It takes a lot of energy to publicly support a candidate with vigor and cultish devotion year after year. Going to vote on one day in November?  Not much energy. They will all pull the lever again. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I hear people say this but it is always followed with a "but look where that got me". I never believe they ever voted dem.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/26/2024 at 3:21 AM, Thatguy said:

I hear people say this but it is always followed with a "but look where that got me". I never believe they ever voted dem.

absolutely correct.  anyone who is fucking dumb enough to say: "he's voting for Trump because he was "strong for America" and is the right man to "get this country back on track" and "we can't take any more" of Biden" never fucking voted for barack obama and you'd be a fool, or a communist, to believe it.

• Hook 'Em 3