Jeff Saturday making people eat crow thread of lulz

MeerkatBong

I know it was just one game, but I'm anticipating that Jeff Saturday is going to win more than he loses and make a bunch of very vocal people look dumb. 

I'm assuming most people aren't going to allow that beating the hapless Raiders means you can laugh in the face of people who called him a disgrace or the situation shameful, but when do we get to point and laugh at this creatures?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

12 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He did have the luxury of playing the Raiders in his first game game, let's see how he does against the Eagles next Sunday before he's anointed 

You mean the team that nobody has beaten? So if he loses to the Eagles then he's a fraud, just the same as....checks notes, Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, Kevin O'Connell and Mike McCarthy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

You mean the team that nobody has beaten? So if he loses to the Eagles then he's a fraud, just the same as....checks notes, Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, Kevin O'Connell and Mike McCarthy?

No dipshit, let's see if it's a competitive game against a legit team. Did I say if they lose to the Eagles he's terrible? 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know it was just one game, but I'm anticipating that Jeff Saturday is going to win more than he loses and make a bunch of very vocal people look dumb. 
I'm assuming most people aren't going to allow that beating the hapless Raiders means you can laugh in the face of people who called him a disgrace or the situation shameful, but when do we get to point and laugh at this creatures?
Payton definitely needs to eat some crow.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I could have been head coach, named Ryan the starter, and then beaten the Raiders.  I mean Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. But sure. This guy with no coaching experience (other than a few years at a high school) is going to be great. 

Barry Switzer is proof that any idiot can do it if the team is good enough.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm sure this will age well. That game yesterday says way more about Josh McDaniels and the Raiders than it does about Faturday.

But i will admit. I found it hilarious that Bill Cowher had some big long holier-than-thou speech about Jeff Saturday cutting to the front of the coaching line. I'm sure there are a lot of people that go to school and study hard and get media degrees that have far more experience than he does in that field, just for him to cut to the front too. I felt that the talking head media in general exhibited zero self awareness when discussing this issue.

Exactly. If I’m Davis I would have fired Josh last night. He should have kept Biasseca.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

I don’t follow the NFL. What the hell is this thread about?

Saturday got hired as midseason interim coach of the Colts and a bunch of people loudly cried that their favorite diversity candidates didnt get considered. 

The Colts winning a game under Saturday= owning the libs so the pipeline is invested 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chad said:

Colts lucked their way into two generational talents at QB and managed to win one Super Bowl. Too bad they didn't keep Reich around, I was interested to see who the next washed up loser was gonna be at QB.

Nah. Reich never had balls or the owner cut them off. He has been through Rivers, Wentz and Ryan. It was time for a change.

Colts lucked their way into two generational talents at QB and managed to win one Super Bowl. Too bad they didn't keep Reich around, I was interested to see who the next washed up loser was gonna be at QB.
Andrew Luck was far from a generational talent. Unless you are talking about someone else?? One of the more overrated guys I can remember from the hype he constantly got.

And it's hard to win Super Bowls unless your name is Brady. That's one more than most teams in that same time frame.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm sure this will age well. That game yesterday says way more about Josh McDaniels and the Raiders than it does about Faturday.

But i will admit. I found it hilarious that Bill Cowher had some big long holier-than-thou speech about Jeff Saturday cutting to the front of the coaching line. I'm sure there are a lot of people that go to school and study hard and get media degrees that have far more experience than he does in that field, just for him to cut to the front too. I felt that the talking head media in general exhibited zero self awareness when discussing this issue.

I never watch NFL pregame shows, but the German game ended and I turned on CBS for a minute, and was just timed perfectly to catch this.  It was such contrived and obviously rehearsed bullshit.  Dude was nervous as hell, constantly checking his notes to get the names of the "overlooked" assistants right, all while trying to maintain this passionate, "impromptu" take down of the Colts.  And then the rest of the crew acting like Bill just couldn't hold himself back, he was so upset.  Fucking pathetic

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Andrew Luck was far from a generational talent. Unless you are talking about someone else?? One of the more overrated guys I can remember from the hype he constantly got.

And it's hard to win Super Bowls unless your name is Brady. That's one more than most teams in that same time frame.

Unitas?

spacer.png

23 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

Shaggy-Bevo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

OF all the threads ever started on this site, this was one of them.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

OF all the threads ever started on this site, this was one of them.  

"Men," he began his address to the officers, measuring his pauses carefully. "You're American officers. The officers of no other country in the world can make that statement. Think about it." 

Colonel Cargill, Catch 22

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

That’s their current culture. Colts lose a lot of game in the last minutes. Wentz was a master at it. Takes time to fix it. More time than Saturday has. I don’t think it was a bad hire for the situation they’re in. As an interim. I don’t think he’s a permanent solution.

Of course he's not, which is why the absolute meltdown media members were having is so hilarious and ridiculous in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1