Celebrity Death Pool -- 2023

Aqua Buddha

Damn. 

Former Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans tight end Frank Wycheck died Saturday. He was 52 years old.

Wycheck's family said in a statement that he apparently fell inside his Chattanooga, Tennessee, home and hit his head Saturday morning. He was found unresponsive later in the day. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39083245/ex-titans-te-frank-wycheck-52-dies-fall-home

• Rage+1 3

Damn. 
Former Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans tight end Frank Wycheck died Saturday. He was 52 years old.
Wycheck's family said in a statement that he apparently fell inside his Chattanooga, Tennessee, home and hit his head Saturday morning. He was found unresponsive later in the day. 
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39083245/ex-titans-te-frank-wycheck-52-dies-fall-home

Music City Miracle right?

https://www.facebook.com/acdc/posts/pfbid028Gw1FvL5DbnACbNZDViwf75sJCUF1urgrWRSgfQc8ji1YRFGQP6GMV25dGKUv6t2l

AC/DC’s first drummer passed away, 77 years old

Very sad to hear of the passing of Colin Burgess. He was our first drummer and a very respected musician. Happy memories, rock in peace Colin.

411307530_879960623585664_13275724128204

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Sorry, I meant was there any description of the driver who hit her. - drunk, stupid kid, etc.

This is the most detailed I've seen after visiting the El Paso local news sites. Granted, it's not much.

HUDSPETH COUNTY, TX (KFOX14/CBS4) — The founding member of the music group Dixie Chicks, Laura Lynch, died after a crash in Hudpseth County on Friday evening.

The crash happened on US 62, Mile Post 74, 7.46 Miles West of Cornudas around 5:45 p.m.

Investigators said that a 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 was driving westbound on US 62 near mile marker 74.

At the same time, Lynch was driving a 2016 Ford F-150 eastbound on US 62.

The driver of the Dodge Ram attempted to pass another vehicle on a two-way undivided portion of US 62.

As the Dodge Ram drove onto the eastbound lane, it struck Lynch's vehicle head-on.

The Dodge Ram caught fire and came to rest on the westbound lane.

The Ford came to rest and was inoperable in the eastbound lane.

As a result of the crash, Lynch was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the Dodge Ram was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

This is an ongoing investigation.

https://cbs4local.com/newsletter-daily/founding-member-of-dixie-chicks-dies-in-crar-crash-in-hudspeth-county-texas-laura-lynch#

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This is the most detailed I've seen after visiting the El Paso local news sites. Granted, it's not much.

HUDSPETH COUNTY, TX (KFOX14/CBS4) — The founding member of the music group Dixie Chicks, Laura Lynch, died after a crash in Hudpseth County on Friday evening.

The crash happened on US 62, Mile Post 74, 7.46 Miles West of Cornudas around 5:45 p.m.

Investigators said that a 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 was driving westbound on US 62 near mile marker 74.

At the same time, Lynch was driving a 2016 Ford F-150 eastbound on US 62.

The driver of the Dodge Ram attempted to pass another vehicle on a two-way undivided portion of US 62.

As the Dodge Ram drove onto the eastbound lane, it struck Lynch's vehicle head-on.

The Dodge Ram caught fire and came to rest on the westbound lane.

The Ford came to rest and was inoperable in the eastbound lane.

As a result of the crash, Lynch was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the Dodge Ram was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

This is an ongoing investigation.

https://cbs4local.com/newsletter-daily/founding-member-of-dixie-chicks-dies-in-crar-crash-in-hudspeth-county-texas-laura-lynch#

Right after it got dark. Wonder if headlights were not on if seatbelt also wasn't on.  I know most are automatic these days IF you have them set to auto.

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Right after it got dark. Wonder if headlights were not on if seatbelt also wasn't on.  I know most are automatic these days IF you have them set to auto.

Remember, Hudspeth County is Mountain Time, so it gets dark even earlier. Surely, the headlights were on.

image.png.1b5bca4c8e074fe175633ca2e0ada716.png

This would be about where the crash was located (you can see mile marker 074 on the back of the sign facing the other direction), looking westbound. It's a straight shot, no real hills, no passing restrictions. They just got impatient and pulled out when they shouldn't have.

And take note of the real kicker. The sign the westbound driver would've soon seen or have just seen: PASSING LANE 2 MILES AHEAD.

On 12/31/2022 at 7:30 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Love the Chris Berman pick, @Cap33 I think I had him years ago - I hope you finally get him.

1. Trump Jr - 45

2. Bam Margera - 43

3. Kanye - 45

4. Elon - 51

5. Bruce Arians - 70

6. Joe Rogan - 55

7. Papa John - 61

8. Antonio Brown - 34

9. Dan Bilzerian - 42

10. Tom Sizemore - 61

Edit - there's some really trashy young actress who shacked up with a really mediocre older male actor - can't remember who, but kind of a known douchebag. Anyway, whenever I can remember their fucking names, I'll edit this post again below, but I want to predict those two as well, just as a non-points bonus call. 

Edit v.2: as you can see in the following posts, Courtney Stodden & Doug Hutchison are the lovely couple that I predict will expire. 

As of right now, I have 39 points from Tom Sizemore. 

Who else scored this season? 

Tom Smothers of the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour passed away at 86.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/27/entertainment/tom-smothers-death/index.html

His show was before my time but I definitely recall being aware of who he was. Their show was a who's who of comedy writers (Steve Martin, Rob Reiner, Bob Einstein) and music (The Who, George Harrison, The Doors, Ray Charles.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smothers_Brothers_Comedy_Hour

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

image.thumb.png.722b57e285b2e49ab6e13e556bf74ed2.png

Lee Sun-kyun, the award-winning South Korean actor who rose to international fame after starring in the Oscar-winning film “Parasite,” was found dead in Seoul on Wednesday. He was 48.

Mr. Lee had recently been under police investigation on suspicion of illegal drug use, and he denied the accusations. The police said they were investigating the death as a suicide.

The police found Mr. Lee’s body in a parked vehicle in central Seoul just before 11 a.m., said Jeon Yu-deung, the chief detective at Seongbuk police station, which is investigating his death. After Mr. Lee’s manager reported him missing earlier in the day, the police found his body using the location signal from his phone. Mr. Jeon said that Mr. Lee had also left what appeared to be a suicide note.

Mr. Lee is survived by his wife, two sons and siblings, Mr. Jeon added. His talent agency, Hodu&U Entertainment, said in a statement that a funeral would be held privately and attended by his family and colleagues.

Mr. Lee, who was born in Seoul in 1975, studied acting at the Korea National University of Arts and made his first professional appearance in a 1999 music video. He became a familiar face on Korean television when he starred in the dramas “Coffee Prince” and “Behind the White Tower” in 2007. He also played lead roles in the 2010 romantic comedy series “Pasta,” the 2012 thriller “Helpless” and the 2018 psychological drama “My Mister.”

Mr. Lee received worldwide recognition for his performance in “Parasite,” a 2019 thriller in which he played the head of a wealthy family in whose house much of the movie takes place. That film won four awards at the Academy Awards in 2020, including for best picture, becoming the first non-English movie to win the award. He and his castmates won a Screen Actors Guild award for their roles.

In 2022, Mr. Lee was nominated for best actor at the international Emmy awards for his role in the sci-fi thriller “Dr. Brain.”

Mr. Lee had been repeatedly questioned by the police in Incheon, a city west of Seoul, since October on suspicion of taking illicit drugs. He denied the accusations in several public statements and said he was the target of a blackmail effort.

“I ask that the police make a good judgment about whose side’s statements are credible between me and the blackmailers,” he told reporters this week following a 19-hour interrogation.

South Korea’s entertainment industry has recently been shaken by drug abuse scandals amid a nationwide antidrug campaign. The police in March raided the home of Yoo Ah-in, famous for his role in the 2021 Netflix series “Hellbound,” after he tested positive for propofol, marijuana, ketamine and cocaine.

South Korea has a strict approach toward drugs. Convicted offenders face six months to 14 years in prison. Citizens can be prosecuted for using illicit drugs even if they do so abroad.

The authorities have recently ramped up enforcement, warning that the problem is growing. Drug arrests have surged since President Yoon Suk Yeol declared a “war on drugs.” More than 17,000 people were arrested on drug charges nationwide this year, an increase from about 10,400 in 2019, according to the National Police Agency.

Apparently, he had passed an initial drug test using his hair samples.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2023/11/113_362544.html

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

As of right now, I have 39 points from Tom Sizemore. 

Who else scored this season? 

I had Diane Feinstein as number one and she passed away at age 90 but Ezra Miller was heading down the path but seems to have righted his ship...

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit: also had Michael Gambon at 83 and missed seeing he passed until updating 2024 list