the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

aaaand here's someone trying to blame the DEMOCRATS for this crisis. that was fast:

"This is a Democrat strategy to throw the Republican party into chaos"

Yeah....so "getting out of the way as the GQP repeatedly shoots itself in the dick while yelling 'WINNING' over and over" is....well, I guess that IS a strategy.  It's a smart one.  The Dems literally need to do....nothing except get out of the way and watch the GQP do this to itself.

• Hook 'Em 4

46 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The best thing for the country is for the Republican Party to shed the MAGA wing. 

The best thing would be for the GOP to finally break up into it smaller more ideologically driven parties.

• Nazi/xenophobe/fascists
  • Christian Nationalists (aka american taliban)
  • End Stage Capitalists 

Have those parties compete on their own merits for a chance to govern.   GQP is only still a thing because each of those groups have no better alternative.  So we are seeing them fight for their own twisted take on rotting corpse of Reagan/Nixon

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

King of the Libertarians thinks the GOP is being rational and making good points. NO WAY

To be fair, I had extremely low expectations.  I didn't say eveyone speaking met my low bar.  There are some that did though. 

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

"They endorsed replacing the Dollar with Dogecoin and said that will neuter the Jews! Very thoughtful!" 

Somewhatracist.gif

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Fuck--I'm trying to watch a baseball game and prep two witnesses for deposition.  I can't keep up with this third thing.

Can someone tell me when they're voting on the MTV?

EDIT:  Like minds, Lurch.

Any moment now.

dire-straits-money-for-nothing-Cover-Art

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 2

Just now, Red Five said:

Drink every time you hear the word "border". 

Alas, I am trying to work.

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Fuck--I'm trying to watch a baseball game and prep two witnesses for deposition.  I can't keep up with this third thing.

Can someone tell me when they're voting on the MTV?

I am listening as I am working on some trial balances.  LOLOLOL.  It is making me fucking laugh.  

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

Well this shit is fun to watch. GOP eating itself live on TV for all to see. They cant even agree on the most common success criteria. 

I presume that success is measured in some combination of brown people beaten senseless, Fox News appearances by members of Congress, and dollars grifted from rubes.  I'm right, aren't I?

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

McCarthy must have given her a good finger blast in the ladies room.

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

slapped down a pair of tickets to Little House of Horrors on Broadway and gave her a wink

You two have it backwards. She walked him down to the ladies room and gave him a good pegging. Hence the "for now." He's probably do up again in an hour. 

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

c12f7749cbeb4b413528d3ab36a6d979.jpg

1.) This is mildly terrifiyng.

2.) Listen, Salt & Vinegar chips are my jam. So are Salt & Vinegar almonds. Pretty much anything. But the idea of some kind of salt & vinegar...sauce? I mean, fuck and no. That is revolting, espesically if it has a cream consistenty. But even just dipping something into a cup of plain vinegar? No thanks. 

Wait, didn't Trump and MAGA nation teach us that the U.S. Speaker of the House is responsible for Capitol security on any given day?  

What if there was no speaker?  What if McCarthy and his allies became the hunted as directed by Greene, Gaetz, and all the other true patriots?  Nobody would be there to call in police with no stand-in Speaker?  What if the wrong people got would up the right way?