the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

Saw this reminder earlier in the comment section elsewhere:

Jim Jordan is currently still in contempt of Congress for refusing to honor the subpoena issued him over a year ago by the Jan 6 committee. How can one in contempt of the same Congress he's supposed to lead legitimately be its Speaker?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

America wants body autonomy for women. guess what, Jim. Nobody n the hill gives a shit what america wants. We are lucky if they give a shit what their district or state wants. 

It's even more psychopathic than that.  These fucking sociopath, psychopath narcissist piles of decomposing weasel shit think that THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WANT THEM.  No, you goatfuckers, they don't.  Granted, the nutbar caucus of voters is much bigger than ANYONE should be comfortable with, but the fucking MAGA loon portion of the electorate is not a majority.  That's why these people have to engage in the fantasy of "actually, all elections that don't vote for MAGA are stolen."

They're lying sociopaths, they are overextending themselves, and now is the time to go in for the kill.  Slowly. Methodically.  Destroying them down to the fucking ground.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Jim Jordan is currently still in contempt of Congress for refusing to honor the subpoena issued him over a year ago by the Jan 6 committee. How can one in contempt of the same Congress he's supposed to lead legitimately be its Speaker?

You sweet summer child.  Like rules apply to the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Unfortunately this isn’t true. It’s not the same Congress so he’s technically off the hook

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

So he does wear a jacket...

Of all the strange things about Jim Jordan, the oddest trait of his is that he doesn't wear a jacket with his suit in the Capitol.  But he only wears a jacket with nothing else on in the Ohio State showers so he can more easily jerk off to the locker room goings-on.  To each his own.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Unfortunately this isn’t true. It’s not the same Congress so he’s technically off the hook

So a congressional subpoena is like those old Columbia House letters we used to get after ordering 10 CDs for a penny. Just ignore them and they eventually go away. Good to know.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So a congressional subpoena is like those old Columbia House letters we used to get after ordering 10 CDs for a penny. Just ignore them and they eventually go away. Good to know.

Basically. The only exception would be if you obtain a conviction for contempt of Congress before time runs out - like Bannon, even though he’s allowed to be out of prison while he appeals 

35 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It is a real statement about the GOP that such a piece of shit as Jordan got as many votes as he did. It truly is disgraceful 

Yes, but it's predictable.  These are the people that gave us slavery, child labor, moral majority type shit like prohibition, tried to money-whip everyone into submission and then when WWII came around tried to fuck up the presidency.  We allowed them to exist until 2020, and they fucking did it again. I vote we send every fucking registered republican to Afghanistan, where they can live out their fantasies uninhibited, since they voted against trying to help that place get into the fucking 18th century.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Yeah I was surprised that Bacon's district, NE-whatever, was carried by Biden.

The least Republican district in Nebraska (EVEN)

Obama won it in 2008 and only lost it by 7 in 2012
Trump only won it by 2 in 2016 and Biden won it by 6

Don Bacon has won his last 3 races by 2 points, 4 points and 3 points.  Dude knows how to toe the line properly. 

Are they having floor debates before the next vote?  I can't watch right now.  I really wish someone would bring up the Ohio St. wrestling stuff.   Not sure why they all dance around it given the wrestlers' public statements.  Let's just add more fuel to this shitshow if he eventually gets voted in.

• Hook 'Em 4

52 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I think the subpoena and the contempt finding, if any, expired with the last Congress, so he's no longer in contempt, if he ever was (don't think they voted on it).

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Jeffries is 4 votes short.

Find 4 GOP members in Biden districts to flip and this is over

(... assuming the gop still has 20 voting for other)

Fuuuuck that. That role is more toxic now than it's ever been. Let the Rs fight and continue to destroy their brand, win the house outright next year.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Fuuuuck that. That role is more toxic now than it's ever been. Let the Rs fight and continue to destroy their brand, win the house outright next year.

Yeah, but you know, the whole government shutdown/default thing is going to be a massive bummer. 

• Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, you could have.  But then you wouldn't celebrate Richard Marx's entire catalogue as passionately as you do now.

I haven't facepalmed about childhood idiocy this hard since Nicole told me half the girls in our high school wanted to bang me. "Thanks, Nicole for telling me this thirty years later when I can't do shit about it."

i had no clue

Edited by Rimbo