the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

WATCH: Did you know that the new Speaker of the House “MAGA Mike (lol)” is an advocate of Critical Race Theory (CRT)?

In this video on PBS news, he says he thinks black people have a harder time than white people in America because being white gives you an advantage, which is why we should feel bad for black people. That’s basically what he said in this clip.

This is the same rhetoric used by Progressive Democrats. It’s toxic, and it’s not true. In America, your success is determined by your hard work, not the color of your skin. I’m not a fan of @RepMikeJohnson

There’s a reason why all of the RINOS happily voted for him today. He’s a snake. And I’m sounding the alarm.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

How long until one of the Crazy Eight gets bored and introduces the MTV just to reinsert themselves into the news cycle?

While an overused cliche, "15 minutes of fame" is actually quite accurate here given how many speaker candidates were famous for literally 15 minutes over the last three weeks.  Having seen how much more airtime you get and how much fundraising can be done around the internal race, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happens 1 or 2 more times before the end of this Congress in January 2025.  

The reason I thought Emmer had it in the bag was he's a great fundraiser who a lot of people owed a debt of gratitude to him for.  Johnson may have some MAGA chops but he's not a barnstormer money guy.  He'll have to become one I suppose, but that's hard to do when you've got to keep your thumb on so many members and committees from physically inside the Capitol for the next 12-14 months.  With such a narrow margin and a high probability of losing the House overall next cycle, dude's got his handful and doesn't exactly have the right skillset like a McCarthy or Emmer did.  

At least we know, SNL can have Beck Bennett back for a cameo this season.  I honestly thought that's who Johnson was the first time I saw him, but more demure.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Johnson may have some MAGA chops but he's not a barnstormer money guy.  He'll have to become one I suppose, but that's hard to do when you've got to keep your thumb on so many members and committees from physically inside the Capitol for the next 12-14 months.

Back bencher who hasn’t had  a chance to make in-caucus enemies….yet

One “capitulation” to the Senate/Biden on government funding, the farm bill, whatever, he is toast. 

Edited by Js1

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

WATCH: Did you know that the new Speaker of the House “MAGA Mike (lol)” is an advocate of Critical Race Theory (CRT)?

In this video on PBS news, he says he thinks black people have a harder time than white people in America because being white gives you an advantage, which is why we should feel bad for black people. That’s basically what he said in this clip.

This is the same rhetoric used by Progressive Democrats. It’s toxic, and it’s not true. In America, your success is determined by your hard work, not the color of your skin. I’m not a fan of @RepMikeJohnson

There’s a reason why all of the RINOS happily voted for him today. He’s a snake. And I’m sounding the alarm.

Wow, he adopted a black son.  

76992737-12671147-image-a-6_169825110056

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Satchel said:

I have to tell ya that as a Christian, alarm bells sent crazy as I watched Johnson assume the podium with his Bible.

Once again the wacko version of Christianity is what gets presented. Every single one of those Trumpkins that spouts anything about Jesus is a complete fraud and grifter. It sucks that Biden is a good example of being a Christian, but these GQP rubes think he’s the anti-Christ. He’s everything I would want in a leader in that he doesn’t force his religion on Americans and he treats everyone the same no matter what your faith is or if you have none at all. What a bizarre world we live in that that is hated by millions of these absolutely horrific people.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I am confused.

If you watch the tweet where he supports CRT he says he adopted a black son.  Nothing turns up on google image search, though.  

I'm confused too, but don't care enough to spend time truthing up this guy's gibberish.  

44 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

If you watch the tweet where he supports CRT he says he adopted a black son.  Nothing turns up on google image search, though.  

I'm confused too, but don't care enough to spend time truthing up this guy's gibberish.  

is this like he sends a dollar a month to Africa or something?

Bible on the podium huge red flag.

Get the appropriation bills through and fund the government. And keep your fucking crazy ass social conservative views to yourself.

• Haha 1

OH SNAP HE'S WOKE!

Undercover Democrat? Some far-right MAGA influencers have started attacking the new Speaker, Mike Johnson, over an interview he gave a few years ago, talking about how he was outraged over the death of George Floyd. He also talked about his black son and how he has more challenges in life compared to his white son. The Daily Wire’s Matt Walsh said that Johnson's comments were a "full-fledged endorsement of the Left’s racial narrative.” MAGA influencer Lara Loomer slammed Johnson: "Turns out there’s no difference between MAGA MIKE and Big Mike! Is he an undercover Democrat?” WTF is wrong with these people?

• Haha 1

OH SNAP HE'S WOKE!
Undercover Democrat? Some far-right MAGA influencers have started attacking the new Speaker, Mike Johnson, over an interview he gave a few years ago, talking about how he was outraged over the death of George Floyd. He also talked about his black son and how he has more challenges in life compared to his white son. The Daily Wire’s Matt Walsh said that Johnson's comments were a "full-fledged endorsement of the Left’s racial narrative.” MAGA influencer Lara Loomer slammed Johnson: "Turns out there’s no difference between MAGA MIKE and Big Mike! Is he an undercover Democrat?” WTF is wrong with these people?

He CAN’T be one of us! He expresses sympathy for black people! Radicalllllll!!!!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

He CAN’T be one of us! He expresses sympathy for black people! Radicalllllll!!!!!!

I mean....seriously, this is where we are: a person who takes the position that "racism is a thing that exists" is a "RADICAL WOKE LEFTIST ANTIFA COMMIE!"  Because I guess the only acceptable answer to MAGA is "there is no such racism....wait, yes there is, it's anti-WHITE racism, yeah, that's it! That's what we have in America!"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Got a screen grab for those of us that don't want to have an account on that shit site?

“moderate” Republicans who voted for far right lunatic will not let the caucus be dragged to the far right 

Leopards are gonna eat good

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

“moderate” Republicans who voted for far right lunatic will not let the caucus be dragged to the far right 

Leopards are gonna eat good

Then…maybe don’t vote him in as speaker?  “I am outraged by this thing I made happen”

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Then…maybe don’t vote him in as speaker?  “I am outraged by this thing I made happen”

shot across the bow to make sure he doesn't renege on any deals. 

Make no mistake this guy is BAD for swing district Republicans.

The kind of stuff the GOP ran with Pelosi as Speaker will now be run by Democrats (except of course framing him as being too conservative).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean....seriously, this is where we are: a person who takes the position that "racism is a thing that exists" is a "RADICAL WOKE LEFTIST ANTIFA COMMIE!"  Because I guess the only acceptable answer to MAGA is "there is no such racism....wait, yes there is, it's anti-WHITE racism, yeah, that's it! That's what we have in America!"

yep.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3413535/1

I'll save you having to click on that shite:

A coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government workers, union members, environmental extremists, the media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the "forever needy," the chronically unemployed that do not want to work, illegal aliens, and other "fellow travelers" have ended.........Norman Rockwell's America.

You will never again out-vote these people. It will take individual acts of defiance and massive displays of civil disobedience to regain the rights we have allowed them to take away. It will take zealots, not moderates and shy, not reach-across-the-aisle RINOs (Republicans In Name Only) to right this ship and restore our beloved country to its former status.

and

This is why I have come to admire the founding fathers all the more. Subsequent politicians lifting merit based restrictions on who got to vote resulted in irreparable damage and ultimately the destruction of the American Dream.

and

OP is right we pretty much a third world country at this point better learn Spanish amigos.

and

There is no room for white males in todays society.

That's only the first half of the first page of the thread. All I could stomach.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Subsequent politicians lifting merit based restrictions on who got to vote resulted in irreparable damage and ultimately the destruction of the American Dream.

WTF?   Merit based restrictions?