CFP National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 TCU.

FartingDreamer

12 minutes ago, Parliament said:

God if we had only somehow scored 3 more points in the Peach Bowl...

I feel ya man, the year Texas was snubbed for OU after Texas handled them and played 4 top 10 teams in a row and barely lost to tech was a gut punch. Watching Fla beat OU made my stomach turn. Fuck that year. 

• Rage+1 3

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Once the NFL emphasized parity over all else they've dominated everything in ratings. Making the most people believe they have a shot keeps the most people interested. 

this is something that the anti-playoff crowd fails to understand. The longer we keep the current and silly post season setup, the more it's going to polarize and centralize the talent.

i think people forget - the sec didn't always dominate college football. that is a more recent phenomena which was only made possible by paying players, manipulating the schedule and convincing people people with money that their conference deserves multiple teams to be considered for these silly post season exhibition games.

Edited by redswingline
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, troph said:

I feel ya man, the year Texas was snubbed for OU after Texas handled them and played 4 top 10 teams in a row and barely lost to tech was a gut punch. Watching Fla beat OU made my stomach turn. Fuck that year. 

I have no doubt that we would have beaten that Florida team.

Mack should've won 3.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

this is something that the anti-playoff crowd fails to understand. The longer we keep the current and silly post season setup, the more it's going to polarize and centralize the talent.

i think people forget - the sec didn't always dominate college football. that is a more recent phenomena which was only made possible by paying players, manipulating the schedule and convincing people with money their conference deserves multiple teams to be considered for these silly post season exhibition games.

This sport has to expand the playoffs as it’s the only hope.

Until there are real rules for NIL the concentration will happen. It’s like MLB but worse. Much worse. NYY vs Toronto or some shit. But worse, the club’s pocket book is as deep as the alumni. Schools with lower enrollments or lesser paying degrees (meat judging ?) are at a massive disadvantage. Truthfully a salary cap and enforcement against the bag game is what’s needed. 

On 1/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, nnm said:

Take off your blue blood glasses.
Michigan benefitted from a phantom roughing call resulting in a TD, got a pick from a well thrown ball which the receiver deflected, which resulted in another TD, got a fumble deep inside TCU’s territory, and benefitted from phantom DPI calls. 

TCU dominated the game, led wire to wire, and it was UM, not little ol’ TCU, running scared and running trick plays to try to keep up. 

If the results were reversed, everyone would be talking about how UM dominated and plucky TCU came close but just couldn’t quite get there despite a miraculous 3Q. 

UM was lucky to be within 3 towards the end.

UGA is better than UM, but not the dominant team they were last year. They may win, but I don’t think it’s going to be the game the lazy blue blood tshirt fans think it is. 

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

• Haha 1

Laughing at people who question whether Bennett will play in the NFL.

Skylar Thompson started multiple games in the NFL this season. That's Skylar Thompson, who probably struggles to hit a tire with a football from 10 yards out. 

Bennett has all the tools. He won't necessarily be a starting NFL QB, but he'll have a long career in the league.

Just now, BurgleBro said:

I've always said 08 was a better team than 09.  Better OL.  More versatile offense. 

If only Earl Thomas had stayed with the play

Horrible angle taken as well.. I believe a story came out later he thought he heard a whistle and let off? Not sure how true that is..